PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage  (Read 26872 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »

GR called for unity - can he not see that the single biggest obstacle to that is his continued presence as chairman? Rightly or wrongly, huge swathes of our supporters hold him personally responsible for the catastrophe of the last 12 months and have lost all confidence in and respect for him.

If he really wants everyone to come together, he should resign as chairman.

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »

I understand Mr. Rowley accepted that the appointment of Neil Young was a mistake. Well, there are mistakes that have little impact and there are mistakes that impact hugely. In the context of Alty FC this mistake has cost us a relegation, lord knows how much in paying out contracts, made us look stupid in the media, split the fans from the board and torn a massive hole in the playing budget. That is why its time for you to resign Mr. Rowley. Please.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:39:20 PM by York Alty »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 12:13:10 AM »

I notice there could be plans for an artificial pitch in 19/20

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 12:27:55 AM »

I understand Mr. Rowley accepted that the appointment of Neil Young was a mistake. Well, there are mistakes that have little impact and there are mistakes that impact hugely. In the context of Alty FC this mistake has cost us a relegation, lord knows how much in paying out contracts, made us look stupid in the media, split the fans from the board and torn a massive hole in the playing budget. That is why its time for you to resign Mr. Rowley. Please.

He did say that was a mistake (and Young is a convenient scapegoat, no longer being present at the club, not that he said that), and also gave a more forceful and plausible defence for the  NLP journalist taking his words out of context  - he was being questioned in the car while being "pissed off".  I am prepared to accept that in the absence of any new evidence to the contrary.

However, he didn't  speak as well as Bill Waterson or Mike Adams, who both spoke eloquently and with good humour, as did Ian Watmore who  moderated the meeting.

There is also an awful lot in the strategic review document to go through - much more than was mentioned at the meeting, such as an artificial pitch -  so,  on balance, I wouldn't  call for his resignation now, but hope Mr Rowley and the board can steer this through, for the sake of stability, without necessarily taking on all its suggestions.

I have come to that conclusion in the course of writing this post, although the fan base's reaction may make his position untenable.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 05:03:10 AM »

The boards incompetence started with the appointment of Neil Tolson because he's a nice man and a friend.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 06:41:30 AM »

Please no. Peter Band said on the radio the other week that there were loads of players that wouldn't sign for clubs playing on Astro turf. He also said that it did his knees no favours when he finished off his playing career on them. I would say this would be a distasterous move.

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »

No. Absolute red line for me. Just no.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 07:33:11 AM »

Well that was in the main a complete and utter waste of time.

It was stage managed by Ian Whatmore to protect the Board from any real comments and so we'd not get chance to really express anything of great substance. The one guy who was ommenting at the side talked a lot of sense and did so eloquently but Whatmore sought to cut him off and virtually lunged at him to grab the microphone. I thought his next step might be to punch him. Not what you expect from what is supposed to be a full and frank discussion. Don't they know by stifling people's comments like this, the hurt and anger won't go away, in fact it will get worse.

The Board, bar the two new members who spoke well, looked jaded, old and totally lacking in any spark of enthusiasm for the club. We so need new, more diverse and more enthusiastic blood running this club and not a group of old men who looked more like they were looking after their own self interests than those of the club.

I didn't hear much other than same old, same old and it's just not good enough. If they seriously think that effort will reconnect them with fans they are living in a dream world.

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 07:41:02 AM »

Add Jonathon Wall to Bill Waterson, Mike and a footballing person and we might make a fight of it.

Points worth noting:

Why did it take 3 years for us to get exact CSH building figures?

What is the plan for Longhey pitches? Would we buy them? Would we building our own training ground?

Why have two board members just been appointed with two leaving And no statement? Was there a falling out?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »

I've said this is the agenda all along. A plastic pitch that can be hired out every day/night with the team ambling along at Unibond level like a nice little family club.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »

Let me clarify the situation with the plastic pitch - one of the recommendations of the review was that in year one we CONSIDER whether we should lay a plastic pitch at Moss Lane.  The immediate reaction of the board was a unanimous rejection of the option of replacing the grass pitch with a plastic one.  The pitch at Moss Lane will therefore remain as grass.

KENNERLEY

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »

So much negativity, it's depressing. Has anyone anything positive to say about the future of Altrincham Football Club?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 10:17:02 AM »

The meeting was supposed to bring optimism and hope. It didn't.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »

Let me clarify the situation with the plastic pitch - one of the recommendations of the review was that in year one we CONSIDER whether we should lay a plastic pitch at Moss Lane.  The immediate reaction of the board was a unanimous rejection of the option of replacing the grass pitch with a plastic one.  The pitch at Moss Lane will therefore remain as grass.

Thanks for clearing that up

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »

I understand Mr. Rowley accepted that the appointment of Neil Young was a mistake.

It's a pity he couldn't have admitted this at the start of the season or when Young resigned rather than come out with this rubbish in the programme...

I would like to put on record my personal thanks to Neil Young for the way he dealt with the situation. I do not regret employing Neil-he was the best candidate available when we advertised the job and he worked tremendously hard to make things work. Unfortunately, things transpired against him with injuries and players not performing to expectations and thus, with dignity, he resigned his post. If, as I was informed that comments on Social Media, to him and his family, were a contributory factor then I think the people involved should hold their heads in shame. The loss of Neil Young(and Liam Watson) is a loss to the game especially when they state that this is the end of their managerial careers. I have not known a harder working "team" for this football club.

The expression "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"-may be a nursery rhyme and people will say they agree with it but when the words get personal and are directed at family members as well as the person involved they "DO" hurt. Myself and my family have also come in for the social media treatment in recent days and although I've always said I've got broad shoulders and you've got to take the stick when things go wrong if you're prepared to take the plaudits when things are good, it still does hurt especially when you put a much time, money and energy into this football club as my family do. There's only so much that people can stand before action is taken.
Let's hope that the "supporters" of our Football Club can now regroup and get behind whoever is the given the opportunity to move the club forward. The appointment won't please everyone-I can guarantee that-but once the applications have been appraised and interviews carried out the Board will appoint the person who they believe will bring success back to the club. With your support that job will be made easier.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage