PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage  (Read 26736 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »

GR called for unity - can he not see that the single biggest obstacle to that is his continued presence as chairman? Rightly or wrongly, huge swathes of our supporters hold him personally responsible for the catastrophe of the last 12 months and have lost all confidence in and respect for him.

If he really wants everyone to come together, he should resign as chairman.

Having attended last evening's presentation, it seems evident to me that notwithstanding presiding over the football club's catastrophic nosedive over the last 12 months and alienating supporters in the process, the chairman has no plans whatsoever to stand down.

In fact, I don't envisage that he would resign even if, God forbid, we were to finish bottom of the Evo-Stik Premier League next season.

Whilst I'm not advocating that he should leave the board entirely, it's blindingly obvious that the football club is in urgent need of a new figurehead to reinvigorate those disillusioned supporters and cultivate a new sense of solidarity.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

GR called for unity - can he not see that the single biggest obstacle to that is his continued presence as chairman? Rightly or wrongly, huge swathes of our supporters hold him personally responsible for the catastrophe of the last 12 months and have lost all confidence in and respect for him.

If he really wants everyone to come together, he should resign as chairman.

Having attended last evening's presentation, it seems evident to me that notwithstanding presiding over the football club's catastrophic nosedive over the last 12 months and alienating supporters in the process, the chairman has no plans whatsoever to stand down.

In fact, I don't envisage that he would resign even if, God forbid, we were to finish bottom of the Evo-Stik Premier League next season.

Whilst I'm not advocating that he should leave the board entirely, it's blindingly obvious that the football club is in urgent need of a new figurehead to reinvigorate those disillusioned supporters and cultivate a new sense of solidarity.

A very sensible and well thought out post, and probably the best course of action for all parties.

roytonmike

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »

No boycott from myself, we need to unite behind the team and our club in my opinion.
I certainly won't be boycotting this season - but I will be keeping a very close eye on announcements re admission prices for next season (which are apparently up for discussion at the March board meeting). The prices charged this year have been ludicrously high for the standard of the competition - we must be about the only club who've charged more per match to season ticket holders after relegation than before (prices didn't change but there are two less home games his season, hence net increase in price from £10.44 per game for a standing s/t holder in 15-16 to £11.43 this season). If the price of admission is in excess of £10 per game - certainly to season ticket holders, for whom it should be well under that figure - those responsible for setting such charges can in all probability whistle for my support. That wouldn't be a boycott - I'd find more economically viable ways of spending my Saturday afternoons (e.g. Hurst Cross, Ashton - same league, realistic prices, easier for me to get to). It pains me to say that after nearly 50 years spectating at Moss Lane - but be it on the heads of those who set the prices.  

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »

Roytonmike, how much does it cost at the grounds you mentioned in order to set expectations?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »

Roytonmike, how much does it cost at the grounds you mentioned in order to set expectations?

It's £10 in at Hurst Cross, which is about the high end of Evo Stik pricing. A lot of the other clubs in that league charge about £8, but have much worse facilities than we do. I'm hoping we price at around £10 and if possible allow drinking on the terraces.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »

It's £10 in at Hurst Cross, which is about the high end of Evo Stik pricing. A lot of the other clubs in that league charge about £8, but have much worse facilities than we do. I'm hoping we price at around £10 and if possible allow drinking on the terraces.

I'd allow drinking on the pitch for our players if it would ensure that we escape from that godforsaken league at the first time of asking.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »

Whether it's allowed or not, it seems like they've been taking some sort of intoxicating substance on the pitch this season.

I'd allow drinking on the pitch for our players if it would ensure that we escape from that godforsaken league at the first time of asking.

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

So as a proposal, £200 for a Standing Season ticket and £235 for a Seat ticket would be acceptable... plus of course drinking outside :)

bighairedmike

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2017, 06:06:32 PM »

So as a proposal, £200 for a Standing Season ticket and £235 for a Seat ticket would be acceptable... plus of course drinking outside :)

No.

Because you would have to charge over a tenner for people who don't have season tickets, and that would be an abomination.

roytonmike

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2017, 06:11:30 PM »

According to the websites I was able to access (all the current EvoStik Prem clubs except Buxton, Mickleover & Skem, though info for Grantham, Marine, Sutton Coldfield & Workington related to 15/16, so a total of 17 refer to 16/17, which seems to me a reasonable sample!) only Corby (£12), Hednesford (£11 standing, £12 seated) & Workington (£11) charge adults more than £10 to stand - Rushall charge £9. Only Blyth, Hednesford & Stafford charge extra to sit down. Season tickets are offered in a number of cases at a considerable discount. Ashton United's charges are £10 for adults (any part of the ground), £6 concessions. Season tickets respectively £150 & £95; they are unusual in that they don't appear to have a lower rate for under-16s. Hope that info helps. As a further point of comparison, the most expensive season ticket appears to be at Stafford (£200 standing (matchday £10), £240 seated (matchday £12), concessions £180 seated, £140 standing (matchday £9/£7)).

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:28:03 PM by roytonmike »

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »

Sorry GHM, trying to get some reality in terms of what people are willing to pay. There are 23 league games I understand hence my calculations.

Being realistic, £10 on the gate seems sensible if not only for a seat and £9 standing, hence my pricing! Sub £200 season tickets might also be viable, over to the members of the board, any views Gents?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:24:27 PM by DT »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »

A tenner in and drinking out of plastics on the ground has to be the way forward.

I'm sure they'll be all sorts of Trafford Council licenising things to get round but no ones going to want to watch 90 minutes of glue League without a beer. Having said that I can see a lot of long term fans only bothering with away games next season unless the Chairman reconsiders his position.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 06:46:54 PM »

If we are going to have a side that is better than the rest of the glue league we've got to be able to fund one and make sure it's capable of sitting mid-table at least the season after.

Allowing beer sales during the game is an interesting compromise that would at least claw back some of the lost gate receipts.   

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »

So much negativity, it's depressing. Has anyone anything positive to say about the future of Altrincham Football Club?

That could be because there's precious little to be positive about at the moment.

Having a meeting about the strategic review which I presume also had the intention of clearing the air between supporters and the board seemed like a good idea. Didn't work out that way though did it?

You can hardly have a clear the air style meeting, build bridges, etc and then set ground rules for what can and can't be discussed. The minute anyone dared to ask a question that might have been deemed too 'close to the bone' they were shut down. From the outside looking in it appeared as a circling of the wagons around GR, only serving to reinforce the feeling of 'us and them'. You can hardly say we are all in this together and have to push in the same direction and then stage manage a meeting like that.

PR???? What's that?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »

Sorry GHM, trying to get some reality in terms of what people are willing to pay. There are 23 league games I understand hence my calculations.

Being realistic, £10 on the gate seems sensible if not only for a seat and £9 standing, hence my pricing! Sub £200 season tickets might also be viable, over to the members of the board, any views Gents?

I'd like to see less of a differential, if at all, for OAP concession - we keep looking for rich benefactors to bankroll the club but I'd speculate our over 60's in this area are reasonably wealthy and I see little logic in them having a high discount, even as it stands now they get a 35% discount to watch the same game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage