PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage  (Read 26867 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »

Sorry GHM, trying to get some reality in terms of what people are willing to pay. There are 23 league games I understand hence my calculations.

Being realistic, £10 on the gate seems sensible if not only for a seat and £9 standing, hence my pricing! Sub £200 season tickets might also be viable, over to the members of the board, any views Gents?

I'd like to see less of a differential, if at all, for OAP concession - we keep looking for rich benefactors to bankroll the club but I'd speculate our over 60's in this area are reasonably wealthy and I see little logic in them having a high discount, even as it stands now they get a 35% discount to watch the same game.

I'd guess you speculate wrong. The majority of over 60s I know that watch the club certainly aren't wealthy!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 08:52:07 PM »

Sorry GHM, trying to get some reality in terms of what people are willing to pay. There are 23 league games I understand hence my calculations.

Being realistic, £10 on the gate seems sensible if not only for a seat and £9 standing, hence my pricing! Sub £200 season tickets might also be viable, over to the members of the board, any views Gents?

I'd like to see less of a differential, if at all, for OAP concession - we keep looking for rich benefactors to bankroll the club but I'd speculate our over 60's in this area are reasonably wealthy and I see little logic in them having a high discount, even as it stands now they get a 35% discount to watch the same game.

I'd guess you speculate wrong. The majority of over 60s I know that watch the club certainly aren't wealthy!

agreed, most of the wealthy footy fans in the area watch mcfc and mufc

roytonmike

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »

1. The club policy is that concessions apply over the age of 65, not 60.
2. Speaking as one who is in the twilight zone between 60-65 & on a fixed income, though I live 15 miles from Alty & may therefore not be typical, £240 for a season ticket is a bit of a struggle & has meant me not being a Patron this year, for example.
3. It's better to have bodies in the ground at a lower price than have them absent themselves because of over-pricing.

bigcol

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »

I watched it online and I can only echo the previous points - 3 managers, 50-odd players, 2 wins all season... it's pretty obvious where the problems are and it never got as much as a mention. Yes the club is debt free and has some solid foundations, but two most important things are the supporters and what happens on the pitch.  No-one ever started following a club because of the quality of a sports hall nor how the 2nd U-15s are doing.  I was inspired by the 86 trophy as a kid, what do new followers have now?  It's not being a snob but everyone club needs something to inspire and aspire to.  The CSH was a good idea but the eye has been taken off the ball in the meantime and we've gone from plucky Conf national to Northern Prem in that space of time. 

It's far too easy to do "something else" now, especially in Manchester with the like of Salford and FC Utd not to mention the whole money-driven premier league.  Our rep as a traditionally strong non-league club is fast fading and things like the CSH could very much be a white elephant. 

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »

No doubt the board did have a preconceived plan as to how to manage the meeting but the opportunity was there to make the situation uncomfortable if the dissenters were passionate enough to turn up in numbers and press their case.

Instead there was two guys who asked questions about the comments Graham Rowley made and some sniping and at times odious comments being placed on facebook but that was the limit of it.

I'm looking forward to next season. It will be great to walk to the pub to celebrate for a change.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to next season. It will be great to walk to the pub to celebrate for a change.

The trouble is, a lot of people were thinking along the same lines when we were relegated last year....
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »

I'm 70 this year and I can't afford to retire. If I had to start paying £10+ per game I'd have to offset it somehow. 20 games at £6 per match or 10 at £10 per match ? The maths is simple. Such a reduction wouldn't benefit the club.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

No doubt the board did have a preconceived plan as to how to manage the meeting but the opportunity was there to make the situation uncomfortable if the dissenters were passionate enough to turn up in numbers and press their case.

Instead there was two guys who asked questions about the comments Graham Rowley made and some sniping and at times odious comments being placed on facebook but that was the limit of it.

They won't listen, skin thicker than a rhino.

If you think I'm going to travel all that way to hear the same sh1t then you've got another thing comin.

UNTENABLE
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

GB Alty

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »

I think many supporters didn't buy into this review process. They saw it for what it was. Very much a process for the Rowley clan to backslap with family friends, how right they were.

Ian Watmore was an absolute disgrace, he has only deepend divisions in this once great club

You had your say, off goes the mic. Sickening

The club could unite, but only under another figurehead. Bill big ask but your club needs you, act now with the support you have or forever be tainted by the Rowley clique
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:47:20 PM by Fog off »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »

I have to say that I was surprised by Ian Watmore. Didn't like the way he cut off the point being made by a fan at all. The Community stuff is obviously going well and the finances are in order which is good, but (as has been mentioned earlier in this thread) we desperately need a new Chairman that will unite a fractious fan base and inject some much needed optimism into the football side. Mr Rowley simply doesn't have the personality or charisma to do this. His mood presenting yesterday was downbeat, he looked hurt. For the good of the club, GR needs to step aside (stay on the board if he wants) and allow somebody else to lead the club forward. Unfortunately all I see happening is Graham Heathcote appointed in some sort of Director of Football role and the mood to remain pretty awful at the club.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:12:05 PM by AFC56 »

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

Bill mentioned attracting investment, increasing revenue in other areas and increased sponsorship to be able to offer lower prices on the gate.

Bill, is there a plan on how to do this this?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »

I'm afraid sexual discrimination applies :-

"The concessionary ages are currently, for females 60 and over, for males 65 and over."

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2017, 10:55:38 PM »

"The concessionary ages are currently, for females 60 and over, for males 65 and over

Is this legal? If not what's the betting it becomes 65 for all.
Come on  Dinosaurs, join the 21st century ffs

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »

It is quite confusing. Under the Equality Act 2010, you are allowed to offer concessions on the grounds of age (either young or old), but you can't discriminate on the basis of sex, as I understand it. 
You are probably right and it will end up being 65 for all, sooner or later, if not older as the pension age advances.

York Alty is back

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »

"The concessionary ages are currently, for females 60 and over, for males 65 and over."
[/quote] I do hope you're making this up. If you're not then this is utterly unacceptable.

Genital shape cannot dictate ticket prices.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strategic Review Meeting: Coverage