PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42788 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »

1st it was heathcote out,then sinnot out,then it was Tolson out,then Young,then Harvey now its Buzz and his management team and Rowley.I think it needs to stop and people get behind the club.We have not been relegated yet(i know its going to happen sadly)but its time to stand together and build for the future.
Harold

bighairedmike

« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »

The club are making 2000 tickets available to local schools (adult £5 + child free) so assuming there are 2000 kids who want to go to the game it should be a full house. If 100 walk out nobody will notice.

http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/free-school-tickets/

How many will actually go though?

How do you know it won't be noticeable? A significant number of people moving in one group at a time when most people are not moving around the ground will be noticeable.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »

1st it was heathcote out,then sinnot out,then it was Tolson out,then Young,then Harvey now its Buzz and his management team and Rowley.I think it needs to stop and people get behind the club.We have not been relegated yet(i know its going to happen sadly)but its time to stand together and build for the future.

And to be honest, the fans were right on all those occasions. Some managers who'd lost the plot and a good few who should never have been appointed. It's difficult to think positively about the club and get behind them with the man responsible for the debacles of the last 18 months still in place. Get a new Chairman and I think there'll be a totally different response from people.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »

I think the real 'Heathcote out' attitude only came out of frustration at a time when we were failing on the pitch and looked out of ideas, not saying its justified but it seems pretty standard to me. Sinnout, for a lrge part of his time at Alty was well supported, a small number of fans maintained throughout his tenure a desire to not have him as manager, but I think on the whole majority of fans supported him and bought into his ideas. People called for his head when we catastrophically failed to bolster the squad which basically cost us our place in that league, again pretty standard time to be calling his position to question. Tolson, Young and Harvey I think quite rightly should have expected to have little backing from the fans, none of them ever got off the ground or gave us anything to cheer about.

For Buzz I can't decide if he is on a hiding to nothing or if he is genuinely failing. In the last 14 league games, stretching back to start of December we have failed to score in 7 and only scored twice on two occasions. Whilst the defence has tightened up a bit game after game we look sterile and rarely test opposition keepers, whilst Reeves sits on the bench. I'd suggest a decent manager would have looked at our squad and built a team that feeds Reeves balls in the box to score goals, hard to imagine that a club with Reeves can be so little of a threat. How can we not have him on the pitch getting fit and banging them in? To me all of MD's talk of how we are progressing is nonsense, we're still in freefall. I'd like someone to come in who doesn't need any help, MD says himself this is too big a job for him alone hence why he gets help from GH and RL. Do we really think that putting a novice in charge who by his own admission needs help is good enough for Alty?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »

ok we are winning against stalybridge being 2  up when the walkout starts,the players on the pitch wonder whats happening get confused by it all and we lose 3-2. at the end of the season we miss staying up by 3 points,where does the finger point?
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »

Harold even if the case we'll miss staying up by at least 15 points. I understand your loyalty and your optimism but sad as it is there are big changes needed to stop the rot. Even ham and picle in droves can't rescue this mate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »

ok we are winning against stalybridge being 2  up when the walkout starts,the players on the pitch wonder whats happening get confused by it all and we lose 3-2. at the end of the season we miss staying up by 3 points,where does the finger point?

Hi H..
I haven't been to Alty this year due to Jill being ill.   however,,, I read the walkout being aimed at the Chairman. The loyal fans of the club being totally and utterly pissed off about the demise of the team on the pitch which is down to poor appointments at board level.

The fact that we may lose to Stalybridge is irrelevant. We are fkn doomed to relegation however you read it. We can't keep on like this or we will end up watching them play in Stamford Park . I sadly can't be there for the game but if I could I would drive from Shrewsbury pay my entrance fee and would walk out when the others do..

Enough is enough

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2017, 08:07:35 PM »

The players, management and most of all the board for allowing us to be in this position.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2017, 08:56:39 PM »

The players have been confused all season I wouldn't worry too much

And it won't come down to 3 points either

And even if it did we would need about 5 goals a game and clean sheets not to need another point
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

We have 10 games left. If we were to somehow win all of them we'd probably still go down. I'd love to wake up and smell coffee instead of dogsh*t.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2017, 12:48:04 AM »

First of all I know where you are coming from..............but if we are two up and people walk out, why would this impact on the players. The new players have not heard a song all season in any case because performances have been so poor that many of the supporters who have provided encouragement in the past are either no longer present at games or at at games and remain silent. I would sincerely hope that nobody on the playing surface gets confused and we concede 3 goals as result of such confusion

To suggest that we may get to a position where we are only be relegated by 3 points is pure fantasy.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2017, 07:33:09 AM »

Its time for people to get behind the club? In the last 12 months people have been getting behind the club, giving up plenty of hours of their time, travelling countless miles, spending hundreds of pounds if not more.

As a reward they have seen two relegations, a handful of wins, insults in the press and this club reduced to a laughing stock and curiosity piece due to how bad we are. The loyalty of the fans has been extraordinary during this time. 

Point the finger at the people running the club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »

Its time for people to get behind the club? In the last 12 months people have been getting behind the club, giving up plenty of hours of their time, travelling countless miles, spending hundreds of pounds if not more.

As a reward they have seen two relegations, a handful of wins, insults in the press and this club reduced to a laughing stock and curiosity piece due to how bad we are. The loyalty of the fans has been extraordinary during this time. 

Point the finger at the people running the club.

Absolutely correct. What I objected to was the mushroom treatment  (kept in the dark and fed sh*t). Hopefully the changes in the boardroom will put an end to this. I'm not the only one who feels I've been treated like an idiot and seen as a nuisance.

Frosty

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2017, 04:35:58 PM »

Happy clapper

GB Alty

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »

what planet do you come from?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home