PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42734 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »

I don't understand why you are paying to go in. Lets say 100 people walk out. Thats £1400 you could have spent on a plane to fly over with a "Rowley Out" banner.

My take on it is that it's a protest against the Chairman, not the Club. The Club does not lose the gate money but the statement is still made. Certainly something I can appreciate more than a complete boycott.

Spring

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »

Perhaps it would be helpful if those that intend walking out in order to encourage Mr Rowley to resign, explain how they see the voluntary work being done by him and his family being replaced.

Are these 100 people supporters that spend a lot of their time and effort in voluntary work for the club by fund raising, helping at the ground etc or is the fact that they spend money on an entry fee enough for them to believe they are an important element of the club. Naturally if the latter it would seem best to most fair minded people that they they carried on walking and add their non support to Salford FC or whoever.

Why don't the 100 respond to this to prove me wrong; by not giving abuse or evading the question but by stating what they do for the club now and what they would do in the future to fill the vacuum of work created by the Rowley family leaving.

Time to go

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »

A small article wrote up by Jacque Talbot, he intends to interview a few people next week. Jacque is also coming along on the protest to speak to people and get their views on the current situation.

https://jactal.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/altrincham-fans-plan-walkout-over-chairman-rowley/

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »

What's on the menu?
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »

Perhaps it would be helpful if those that intend walking out in order to encourage Mr Rowley to resign, explain how they see the voluntary work being done by him and his family being replaced.

Are these 100 people supporters that spend a lot of their time and effort in voluntary work for the club by fund raising, helping at the ground etc or is the fact that they spend money on an entry fee enough for them to believe they are an important element of the club. Naturally if the latter it would seem best to most fair minded people that they they carried on walking and add their non support to Salford FC or whoever.

Why don't the 100 respond to this to prove me wrong; by not giving abuse or evading the question but by stating what they do for the club now and what they would do in the future to fill the vacuum of work created by the Rowley family leaving.

I think you have spectacularly missed the point, on both of your posts.

The issue for most is with Grahame as a figurehead. Many, many people on here have applauded his work and appreciate it.

The fact that Grahame has alienated fans, made unfounded accusations of abuse, lied about how he was reported in his interview with a Non league paper journalist and continued to do so, is why people feel his position is untenable.

Many people lack faith in him and he cut a very sorry figure at the completely ridiculous, pointless and disgustingly stage-managed affair that was the Strategic Review Meeting. The two new additions to hé board were far superior in their eloquence, confidence and general demeanour. They also weren't cracking jokes at the top table whilst people were speaking as Grahame and Derek were. That shows they have no respect for the fans.

And before you ask, I do voluntary work at the club and have done for years, I've been a season ticket holder up until going to university and I organise events with other groups and try to use the CSH as a base for them.

JMF

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »

No person has questioned Mr Rowleys commitment to the football club. People want a new figurehead to unite the club after a succession of disastrous decisions. No person has said he should depart the football club, or stop giving his time. It is about culpability, and about taking the club forward as one. How terribly rude and arrogant to suggest people that follow the football club all over the country should go and watch another club. It doesn't work that way, as you should and probably do know. 

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »

A hilariously unconsidered post. Its as if you think supporters of this Football Club are obliged to volunteer their time, like its a prerequisite towards holding any sort of opinion.

First of all, after chatting with the supporters behind this I can say that they certainly are not expecting one hundred. No doubt they'll be proud if they reach anywhere near that amount.

I have a very good idea of who will be in support of the walkout. Within this group you will have:

• Radio Robins Volunteers
  • Social Media Volunteers
  • Volunteers directly involved in the upkeep of TASC's Away Travel
  • Volunteers who get their hands dirty when the ground needs tidying
  • Supporters with their names above the bar in the Community Sports Hall
  • Supporters with Season Tickets
  • Supporters who established a flourishing Altrincham FC Supporters Team
  • Supporters who frequently support new Club Merchandise
  • Supporters who travel the length of the country in support of the First Team, even now
  • Supporters who attend Reserve & Youth fixtures where possible
  • Supporters who organise events within the Community Sports Hall
  • Supporters who attend practically all of the Club's Sportsmans Dinners, Race Nights and Beer Festivals
  • Past Kitmen and Mascots to name two (voluntary)

Your other post alludes to a section of the fanbase that turns up to the games with the intention of getting pissed. A group of fans that, fundamentally, are not 'true supporters.' You sir, are dead wrong.

I could go on, but now you tell me, who fills that void if they walk out for good?

Spring

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 03:30:57 PM »

Perhaps some of you have missed the points of my post.

Somebody asked who would fill the void if you all walked out. The answer is that probably most true supporters would not care if you walked out and never came back. If you genuinely believe that by paying £10 to get into a match you are indispensable to the club, I would suggest you are the delusional ones.

Equally somebody suggested I accused people of getting pissed......no such thing. All I said was that the comments on the strategic review soon became a debate on entry fees and beer......if in doubt review the posts.

My major point is that it would be better to try and do constructive things if you are interested in genuinely supporting the club, than trying to get rid of people who spend far more time than yourselves doing just that. I actually believe it would be better if Mr Rowley became vice chairman but that pre supposes there is someone better than him for the Chairman role.....are any of you able to do the job? .....or are you more bent on being destructive than constructive?

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

Perhaps some of you have missed the points of my post.

Somebody asked who would fill the void if you all walked out. The answer is that probably most true supporters would not care if you walked out and never came back. If you genuinely believe that by paying £10 to get into a match you are indispensable to the club, I would suggest you are the delusional ones.

Equally somebody suggested I accused people of getting pissed......no such thing. All I said was that the comments on the strategic review soon became a debate on entry fees and beer......if in doubt review the posts.

My major point is that it would be better to try and do constructive things if you are interested in genuinely supporting the club, than trying to get rid of people who spend far more time than yourselves doing just that. I actually believe it would be better if Mr Rowley became vice chairman but that pre supposes there is someone better than him for the Chairman role.....are any of you able to do the job? .....or are you more bent on being destructive than constructive?

Very good. The club doesn't care about volunteers now? Deary me, you're not making a very good fist of this fishing are you?

What makes a true supporter in your eyes? The people that pay their money, don't volunteer and just happily slope off after a game pretending everything is ok and patting the board on the back for leading the club to the worst season in its history?

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »

Will the rowleys walk out of their paid positions?...in which case an ad in the job centre would answer the rather cheeky question posed...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

Yeah everyone who disagrees with anything no matter how many years they've been going or however many miles they've travelled or money they've put  in to the club should go and watch Salford...

Spring

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »

Thank you George Heslop's Moustache for responding to my question and listing what you did voluntarily to support the club.

Interesting that none of the other posters bothered to respond to this my major point..............could it be that they do absolutely nothing and slope off into the distance after each match blaming everyone else but themselves.

Please prove me wrong and list the ways you support your team .....will there be silence?.......will there be abuse? .......will there be prevarication? ......or will you make me eat humble pie?

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »

Spring....ive volunteered as a steward in the past and was fundraiser for star....work commitments prevent my volunteering or even attending games recently....

Do i satisfy your pompous stereo typing of someone not fit to have a say??

Rowley out!! Good luck the protestors....i wondered who the wind up merchant was at first...

Will you dare to reveal your true identity spring or will you continue to be a cyber warrior hiding cowardly behind a pseudonym???

Tim Perlee

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »

...What makes a true supporter in your eyes? The people that pay their money, don't volunteer and just happily slope off after a game pretending everything is ok and patting the board on the back for leading the club to the worst season in its history?....

Thought it might be timely to revisit this:

Quote from: Sir Bobby Robson
What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love .

Just going to mull that over before commenting further on this subject.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »

Thank you George Heslop's Moustache for responding to my question and listing what you did voluntarily to support the club.

Interesting that none of the other posters bothered to respond to this my major point..............could it be that they do absolutely nothing and slope off into the distance after each match blaming everyone else but themselves.

Please prove me wrong and list the ways you support your team .....will there be silence?.......will there be abuse? .......will there be prevarication? ......or will you make me eat humble pie?

So which member of the Rowley family are you then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home