PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42745 times)

Time to go

« on: February 28, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »

Hi all,

When we play Stalybridge at home on 18th March we are planning on carrying a walk out in order to show our unhappiness with Grahame Rowley. We continue to be called a minority, so it is time to show them how many people aren't happy and that it's not just 10/15 people.

We have planned a walkout so that the club will not be affected as we will all still be paying to get in. We intend to walk out on the 15th minute of the game and then head back to the Tatton Arms where there will be some free food put on and we are looking at getting a game put on the teles such as the Birmingham game. We understand that some people won't be keen on paying £14 and then leaving but something has to be done, the board need to see how many people are unhappy.

We would also like the people that are saying they won't step foot in the ground again whilst rowley is the chairman to come and join us one more time. We completely understand why you aren't coming but we need as many on board for it to have any affect.

We hope as many join as possible if you feel the same as many of us does.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

The Chairman will probably just sit there with that Smug grin of his saying to his mates. "OK let them f**k off we have had the money for this game"

Good luck though with your plan, I hope you get a good response.

I would love to have been able to attend the review meeting last Sunday.

I genuinely cant attend matches at the present due to my wife being seriously ill.

Time to go

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »

Cheers mate.

You're probably right, we're not expecting it to make much difference but something needs to be done so he can see how many are unhappy and to show other fans that it's not a minority.

Thoughts with you and the wife.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »

Cheers mate.

You're probably right, we're not expecting it to make much difference but something needs to be done so he can see how many are unhappy and to show other fans that it's not a minority.

Thoughts with you and the wife.
Are you sure you'll be able to walk out ? The gates won't be open unless the stewards cooperate.

As an aside, there may also be a reluctance to walk out of that particular game since it's winnable.

Time to go

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »

What about a center circle protest during the game!!! Or will that come later?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:27:33 AM »

Just as a word of warning, it would be better to garner support for this first and then decide when to do it and at which game. When you say 'we' have decided to do this I hope already that 'we' is a significant number of people.

This will have the reverse effect if 22 people walk out practically unnoticed from a 4 figure crowd.

I think that there would be more appropriate ways to show how many people are dissatisfied that would allow them to stay at the match, as Romeo mentions, its a winnable game and we may well be looking strong after 15 minutes.

I'd go with a more visible protest inside the ground. Keep it respectful mind, we dont want a mass moonying of the main stand.

Time to go

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »

I agree it will be pointless if there isn't a decent amount but we already seem to if had a good response to the idea so hoping for good numbers. By staging a walkout it makes it visible to Mr Rowley to see how many people are actually leaving, whether he takes note or not is up to him.

Although it will get announced as a 4 figure crowd, there won't be that mabg there as season ticket holders are counted even when they don't attend.

The protest is going to be respectful, we will just be leaving the ground on 15 minutes.

We currently have a twitter account on the go- @GoodbyeRowley

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »

I think it would be wise to co-ordinate with the stewards about a particular gate being opened for those wishing to leave - nobody has any argument with them or wants to get into one.

Is there a particular reason for choosing the 15 minute mark?

The fact that the game is a winnable one is neither here nor there. The season's over and besides every home game in this league ought to be winnable. Trying to effect change at boardroom level is more important at this stage than supporting the team. I support this protest, though I can't attend.

Time to go

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »

Couldn't of put it better myself Leon.

Yeah I will have a word with one of the stewards about exiting through the gold road gate.

No reason for the 15th minute mark to be honest, one of the lads suggested the minute of how many points were on at the time but thought it would be easier to stick with a minute so people know.

A shame you can't make it mate but thanks for the support.

York Alty is back

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 12:16:48 PM »

Not sure if I can make it anyway but I would join. But having travelled over the hills to see a game I'd go back in again...

Time to go

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »

That's fair enough mate, completely understandable if you wished to go back in after travelling.

If you can make the game it would be great if you got involved.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

I don't understand why you are paying to go in. Lets say 100 people walk out. Thats £1400 you could have spent on a plane to fly over with a "Rowley Out" banner.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:23 PM »

I don't understand why you are paying to go in. Lets say 100 people walk out. Thats £1400 you could have spent on a plane to fly over with a "Rowley Out" banner.

I doubt if 100 will walk out

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »

I doubt if 100 will walk out

I agree with you but I am pleased that someone has stuck their head up and gone ahead and organised this.
It's the right thing to do to demonstrate just how strongly people feel and it is a civilised way of going about things.
If 100 people do walk out it will demonstrate that there is an issue albeit only 20% of the crowd felt strongly enough to walk out. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team