PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42465 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »

Thank you George Heslop's Moustache for responding to my question and listing what you did voluntarily to support the club.

Interesting that none of the other posters bothered to respond to this my major point..............could it be that they do absolutely nothing and slope off into the distance after each match blaming everyone else but themselves.

Please prove me wrong and list the ways you support your team .....will there be silence?.......will there be abuse? .......will there be prevarication? ......or will you make me eat humble pie?

I quite literally provided a list for you.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 04:18:04 PM »

Thank you George Heslop's Moustache for responding to my question and listing what you did voluntarily to support the club.

Interesting that none of the other posters bothered to respond to this my major point..............could it be that they do absolutely nothing and slope off into the distance after each match blaming everyone else but themselves.

Please prove me wrong and list the ways you support your team .....will there be silence?.......will there be abuse? .......will there be prevarication? ......or will you make me eat humble pie?

That depends whether it's you posting or not as so far you're the only person on this thread to abuse your fellow supporters.

Time to go

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 04:29:20 PM »

Spring,

Can I say a massive thank you mate! You're making my job miles easier by highlighting the fact that if you're not volunteering/ one of rowleys pals then you're not part of the club.

Thank you

Spring

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »

I have not intended to abuse anyone, all I have done is taken a counter view and should anyone think I have abused them then I sincerely apologise.

To date I have been accused of being one of the Rowleys, pompous, a wind up merchant and castigated for using a pseudonym.....like everyone else!

My point is that it is easy to be negative and destructive but much harder to be constructive and positive.

Who is there that is capable of taking over as Chairman and will do a better job if Mr Rowley left? Who will take the slack of the undoubted hard work he achieves for the good of the club?

Are any of you thinking of these things or do you just want to act in a way that destroys the status quo......imperfect as it is.

Spring

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »

'Time to Go' prove your point by listing all the voluntary acts you do on behalf of the Robins. Please prove I am wrong about you and you do actually do positive things on behalf of the club. I cannot believe that you want to organise a walk out when you actually do nothing positive to assist.......surely not!

PS My question is not intended to be abusive just asking you to prove me wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:13 PM »

Anyone who wants alty to win has a valid view.

Chairmen come and go....

There was life after white...berman...lloyd etc etc.

Noone needs to justify their view by listing their contributions to alty.

Think ill turn up and join the protest thanks for convincing me spring.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »

On what do you base your belief that the more vocal and critical a fan is, the less he or she does for the club? You've offered nothing to back that up.

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 04:49:46 PM »

Spring, why hide behind a name? Time to come out!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »

'Time to Go' prove your point by listing all the voluntary acts you do on behalf of the Robins. Please prove I am wrong about you and you do actually do positive things on behalf of the club. I cannot believe that you want to organise a walk out when you actually do nothing positive to assist.......surely not!

What have voluntary acts actually got to do with anything and why are you so obsessed with them?! I can guarantee that not all 75,000 Man Utd supporters inside Old Trafford or 48,000 Man City fans inside the Etihad volunteer at their clubs but it doesn't make them any less of a supporter so why should it at Altrincham? We're a football club not a branch of The Salvation Army!!

Time to go

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »

Why must you have to do voluntary work for the football club? Why can't you go and have a beer with your mates and have a sing on the terrace? 100s of fans over the country go and watch their local clubs and don't get abused/ belittled because they don't sell raffle tickets so why at this club does it happen?

But in response to your question over the years I've helped sell golden goal tickets, get people to sign up for TASC, helped out at club events by doing table service, helped clean the stands after games, done the turnstiles on a few occasions and spent times when I was younger cleaning the seats in the main stand with mates in the school holidays.

Am I a big enough fan? Or does doing all that and travelling all over the county supporting the club not count because I'm against rowley after leading us to back to back relegations?

You sum up everything that is wrong with the club, if you're not a rowley happy clapper then your just an outsider that doesn't matter.

Sad sad times.

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »

Time to go....he probably will need your cv before commenting further..

Time to go

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »

You're probably right mate.

He'll be introducing a league table soon on how big of a fan we all are based on voluntary work.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »

What have voluntary acts actually got to do with anything and why are you so obsessed with them?! I can guarantee that not all 75,000 Man Utd supporters inside Old Trafford or 48,000 Man City fans inside the Etihad volunteer at their clubs but it doesn't make them any less of a supporter so why should it at Altrincham? We're a football club not a branch of The Salvation Army!!

Indeed. Does any other football club decide the chairman based on a “volunteering competition”, regardless of their ability as a football club chairman?

Let’s not sacrifice the future of OUR football club based on who cleans the bogs.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »

I support this team and club by going to as many home games I can buying a pie and beer bringing my daughter and singing and playing in charity events and recently weeded the ground

However if I did nothing it's irrelevant my opinion is as relevant as the next person who may or may not do anything

Soon you will have to have been coming over 30 years to have an opinion... which I have as well

But let's be clear that's irrelevant as well
ParkINson's red and white army

bighairedmike

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »

We've heard all of this is before Wayne. At Chorley, somebody tried to call out a longstanding fan of 15 or so years by claiming he'd been going for 50. When the first person pointed out he was only in his mid-twenties and couldn't do anything about that the other chap replied "I'll see you at Brackley" meaning the other fellow wasn't as big a fan for not travelling to brackley, which he actually did.

It's this kind of "I've done more than you" attitude that is so rife at the club that makes people feel there is such a clique. Something that should not be happening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home