PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42773 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 05:28:53 PM »

'Time to Go' prove your point by listing all the voluntary acts you do on behalf of the Robins. Please prove I am wrong about you and you do actually do positive things on behalf of the club. I cannot believe that you want to organise a walk out when you actually do nothing positive to assist.......surely not!

PS My question is not intended to be abusive just asking you to prove me wrong.

What have voluntary acts actually got to do with anything and why are you so obsessed with them?! I can guarantee that not all 75,000 Man Utd supporters inside Old Trafford or 48,000 Man City fans inside the Etihad volunteer at their clubs but it doesn't make them any less of a supporter so why should it at Altrincham? We're a football club not a branch of The Salvation Army!!

Indeed. Does any other football club decide the chairman based on a “volunteering competition”, regardless of their ability as a football club chairman?

Let’s not sacrifice the future of OUR football club based on who cleans the bogs.

Exactly. There are numerous people who have volunteered for years here. Does that make them any more of a candidate to be chairman? Of course not.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:33:10 PM by Bob »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

We've heard all of this is before Wayne. At Chorley, somebody tried to call out a longstanding fan of 15 or so years by claiming he'd been going for 50. When the first person pointed out he was only in his mid-twenties and couldn't do anything about that the other chap replied "I'll see you at Brackley" meaning the other fellow wasn't as big a fan for not travelling to brackley, which he actually did.

It's this kind of "I've done more than you" attitude that is so rife at the club that makes people feel there is such a clique. Something that should not be happening.
Exactly.. however I do feel we should introduce a rule that new forum members with low posts are not allowed an opinion for a least a year 😂😂
ParkINson's red and white army

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »

Will the rowleys walk out of their paid positions?...in which case an ad in the job centre would answer the rather cheeky question posed...

So far as I am aware the only Rowley who is paid is Stacey who is doing a rather good job of Managing the CSH I hope you agree

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »

Hi all,

When we play Stalybridge at home on 18th March we are planning on carrying a walk out in order to show our unhappiness with Grahame Rowley. We continue to be called a minority, so it is time to show them how many people aren't happy and that it's not just 10/15 people.

We have planned a walkout so that the club will not be affected as we will all still be paying to get in. We intend to walk out on the 15th minute of the game and then head back to the Tatton Arms where there will be some free food put on and we are looking at getting a game put on the teles such as the Birmingham game. We understand that some people won't be keen on paying £14 and then leaving but something has to be done, the board need to see how many people are unhappy.

We would also like the people that are saying they won't step foot in the ground again whilst rowley is the chairman to come and join us one more time. We completely understand why you aren't coming but we need as many on board for it to have any affect.

We hope as many join as possible if you feel the same as many of us does.
excellent idea - count me in

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »

Perhaps it would be helpful if those that intend walking out in order to encourage Mr Rowley to resign, explain how they see the voluntary work being done by him and his family being replaced.

Are these 100 people supporters that spend a lot of their time and effort in voluntary work for the club by fund raising, helping at the ground etc or is the fact that they spend money on an entry fee enough for them to believe they are an important element of the club. Naturally if the latter it would seem best to most fair minded people that they they carried on walking and add their non support to Salford FC or whoever.

Why don't the 100 respond to this to prove me wrong; by not giving abuse or evading the question but by stating what they do for the club now and what they would do in the future to fill the vacuum of work created by the Rowley family leaving.

Poor post. It stinks of nepotism and its also a poor assertion that those that only pay on the turnstiles have no place giving a negative opinion of the club or its volunteers.

We've spent thousands on Alty home and away over the years. The incredible commitment of time collectively runs into years of travel and trauma.

Incredible attitude to take. The club is losing hundreds of thousands of pounds and being set back decades by the poor decisions and lack of respect for the importance of footballing matters. That alone usurps a lot of good work that has been done. The board have presided over a poor business model that sees us rely on volunteers whilst clubs with similar status and demographics attract investment and become sustainable clubs in the conf of football league. We've sat still, felt sorry for ourselves and got left behind. Now we are dragging ourselves further behind.

To suggest any of us should go and support another club is laughable. Be careful what you wish for.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:54:56 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

Are these 100 people supporters that spend a lot of their time and effort in voluntary work for the club by fund raising, helping at the ground etc or is the fact that they spend money on an entry fee enough for them to believe they are an important element of the club. Naturally if the latter it would seem best to most fair minded people that they they carried on walking and add their non support to Salford FC or whoever.

Fabio Bassangue's English Tutor has already given you a comprehensive breakdown of what a large number of the supporters who want change do to help the club (not that it should be necessary anyway). You seem to have spectacularly ignored this. Quite apart from all those that actually do volunteer, the vast majority of those wanting change support the club the length and breadth of the land. Not only do they pay at the turnstiles, they buy programmes, put money behind the bar in the CSH, buy food, support all of the fundraising ventures. It is these same people that you feel do not have a right to a say who always dig into their hard earned money to support the club. A club is nothing without its supporters and the name is very apt, you should look up the definition of support.

You feel they don't have a right to express their opinion unless they have taken part in some bizarre form of dick measuring contest and yet you feel free to pontificate having already admitted that for the last forty years you have only supported from afar. Spectacular double standards. Well done Sir.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Spring

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »

What a great response ......Wayne wants to ban any one giving an opinion that is different from his, for a year .......free speech??
                                 ...... Leon accuses me of hiding behind a pseudonym when the website asks for one and most of you use one !!

Most of you have proven by your responses that you do diddly squat by making such a fuss that showing positive commitment to the club doesn't really matter and not one of you has seen fit to answer what the plan is, should the current chairman resign.

What is the alternative plan you guys have......apart from walking out and having a pint at the Tatton Arms and congratulating yourselves on achieving what exactly!  

For the record, as I stated in my response to the Strategic Plan post,  I do not think the present chairman has covered himself in glory and would be better suited if he voluntarily moved back to being vice chairman, if there is a genuine better alternative. However he has proved by his actions that he has a total commitment for the club and a commitment that should put most posters on this site to shame. The issue is whether or not there is anyone better and whether he is prepared to move back to the board, as this is clearly is his choice. If he left completely there would be a huge vacuum created and the club would most likely suffer if there was not an orderly succession plan.

I reiterate again I am not trying to be abusive to anyone only stating my point of view......just sorry it doesn't agree with all of yours and that I have disturbed your own back slapping posts to each other.

Time to go

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »

I put in the original post that we know it probably won't change anything or have any effect. We're doing it to prove to rowley that it's more than just a few that aren't happy, he needs to see how many people aren't happy,

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »

What a great response ......Wayne wants to ban any one giving an opinion that is different from his, for a year .......free speech??
                                 ...... Leon accuses me of hiding behind a pseudonym when the website asks for one and most of you use one !!

Most of you have proven by your responses that you do diddly squat by making such a fuss that showing positive commitment to the club doesn't really matter and not one of you has seen fit to answer what the plan is, should the current chairman resign.

What is the alternative plan you guys have......apart from walking out and having a pint at the Tatton Arms and congratulating yourselves on achieving what exactly!  

For the record, as I stated in my response to the Strategic Plan post,  I do not think the present chairman has covered himself in glory and would be better suited if he voluntarily moved back to being vice chairman, if there is a genuine better alternative. However he has proved by his actions that he has a total commitment for the club and a commitment that should put most posters on this site to shame. The issue is whether or not there is anyone better and whether he is prepared to move back to the board, as this is clearly is his choice. If he left completely there would be a huge vacuum created and the club would most likely suffer if there was not an orderly succession plan.

I reiterate again I am not trying to be abusive to anyone only stating my point of view......just sorry it doesn't agree with all of yours and that I have disturbed your own back slapping posts to each other.

this is my favourite post so far thanks

Not only do you think those that don't help should not have an opinion but you have no sense of humour either

I'm done here
ParkINson's red and white army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »

Oh dear lord, you say you have supported (in the very loosest sense of the word) for 60 years and yet your responses are somewhat akin to those of an offended child. You choose to ignore the responses that have actually outlined what people do and instead home in on responses that in Wayne's case was completely tongue in cheek (but went right over your head).

You are entitled to your opinion just as much as the next person (although if we were using your criteria, you would not be entitled to an opinion of any sort).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

Bill Waterson would be my choice, experienced in business, a real Aly fan and somebody willing to put his hand in his pockets. Hopefully that satisfies your criteria Spring? By the way there are probably many qualified others!

Spring

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »

DT Thanks for answering the question in a constructive manner. Understandably it is probably impossible to know whether he would be prepared to take the role if offered but conceivably he might be a positive way forward.

You have the distinction of being the first person to say something constructive rather than purely attacking  me on the grounds that it is a different opinion from the other 99% who are on this site.

Have all the Alty supporters with different opinions been driven off or don't they care?

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »

DT Thanks for answering the question in a constructive manner. Understandably it is probably impossible to know whether he would be prepared to take the role if offered but conceivably he might be a positive way forward.

You have the distinction of being the first person to say something constructive rather than purely attacking  me on the grounds that it is a different opinion from the other 99% who are on this site.

Have all the Alty supporters with different opinions been driven off or don't they care?
Most supporters are now of the same opinion

ROWLEY OUT

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2017, 06:43:08 PM »

I mean, I literally didn't...

This old saw about there being nobody to replace Rowley has come up here many times before and it's nonsense. The next chairman could be someone currently on the board or a longstanding supporter or someone who's just moved to the area or someone previously involved with another football club or a retired businessman or any number of other possibilities. GR needs to indicate his intention to stand down and then the process of finding his successor will begin. Nobody would have named Geoff Goodwin as a potential chairman before he was appointed.

Altrincham FC functioned long before GR was involved and will continue to once he's gone. GR and his entourage have fostered an illusion of their irreplaceability and you've fallen for it.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2017, 06:51:46 PM »

Most supporters are now of the same opinion

ROWLEY OUT

On what do you base that assertion? You can't possibly know that. If half the ground clears in two weeks time I'll believe you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home