PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42784 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2017, 12:54:57 AM »

He did, after all, make a point of saying he'd been re-elected as chairman for three years. I don't see any action we mere "stakeholders" take making one iota of difference.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2017, 01:30:14 AM »

I agree with someone's previous post about a poll to see who wants Graham Rowley to resign as chairman,  that way you may get an understanding as to the numbers that might support the staged walkout at the  stalybridge game

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:52 AM »

Do we still have to pay to get into the game if we are walking out?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »

not if you climb in over the wall no 😎
ParkINson's red and white army

Frosty

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »

Spring,

Can I say a massive thank you mate! You're making my job miles easier by highlighting the fact that if you're not volunteering/ one of rowleys pals then you're not part of the club.

Thank you

Next he will be agreeing with that fool phil and say we are thriving

taxi Phil

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 09:42:05 AM »

Spring,

Can I say a massive thank you mate! You're making my job miles easier by highlighting the fact that if you're not volunteering/ one of rowleys pals then you're not part of the club.

Thank you

DISCLAIMER ! NOT THIS PHIL !

bighairedmike

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »

Read his original post. Of course we pay to get in.

We in no way want to harm the club, financially or otherwise. This protest is not against the club as a whole, just at the current chairman, asking NG that he relinquish his iron like grip on the chairman for the good of the Football Club.

Frosty

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 10:06:14 AM »

Spring,

Thank you

DISCLAIMER ! NOT THIS PHIL !

Yes not that phil who i believe does not think we are thriving

On a serious note i will be whole heartedly supporting the walk out and getting as many people as i can to join us

Spring

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »

First of all, a big apology. When I saw the 'walk out' thread, I imagined that the group behind it were a 'rabble' who didn't have the interests of AFC as of paramount concern. There has always been this portrayal of an 'enemy' within and I assumed you were part of the enemy. I now see from our interactions that this is far from the truth and you are passionate about the club and feel totally let down by events...........any on reflection why shouldn't you? Seeing the article which depicted Alty as the most unsuccessful team in England reminded me of when Hyde United were in the same situation and it is gut wrenching. Equally the reason for this is that terrible decisions have been taken on the playing side and these decisions have ultimately been endorsed by Mr Rowley. It is rather akin to a Chairman of a business appointing two MD's in a row that have taken the company towards bankruptcy and then has not the 'class' to accept that a new broom is needed, irrespective of successes with the finances and the Community Hall ( I think!!).
As I have said previously I do think Mr Rowley has proved his commitment to the club with the time and effort he has put in but it comes down at the end of the day to commitment v competency. One needs both to be successful and regrettably for all concerned, including himself he has failed on one of those criteria. Clearly he does not see it that way and seems determined to stay.....is that because of arrogance, ego, because he likes the trappings of the role or being fair because he has the self believe to think he is the best man for the job. It would be fascinating to know. Equally why did Mr Shaw, a highly respected figure resign.....was it because Mr Rowley refused to fall on his sword? Another fascinating question of which we will probably never know the answer.
Given this situation the fundamental question I suppose, is what is best for AFC and what can be done to achieve this? I think the straw poll started by Jezza was a great idea as it does put some focus on quantifications rather than it just being seen as the actions of an ill informed and unspecified group. This looks likely to point to the fact that the majority would accept Mr Rowley as a board member but not as chairman......this seems to me as a very mature approach from the fans, as it does not cast Mr Rowley as 'the devil' but as a hard working supporter of AFC who is in the wrong role and needs to be helped to see that this is the reality.
Is this really the objective? If so can 'supporter power' help him see this? If so what is the best way forward? Will a walk out contribute or will they just open the gates and ignore it? Personally I prefer the approach of an open letter that is shared with the press and recognises the good work of Mr Rowley but also publically highlights the obvious failures that have occurred to turn us into 'the most unsuccessful team in English football' ......a legacy of the current way the club has been run.
Sorry for going on but I felt bad about doubting your good intentions and wanted to try and be constructive to assist the current plight of AFC.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »

I won't be walking out. Not that should be perceived as support for our current predicament but the fact I want to support the 11 players on the pitch.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:45:10 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »

Fair play Spring, a very well thought out response to the situation. Nobody wants the club to fail. People are just doing what they think is right in our current dire situation.

An open letter is an option that is being discussed.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2017, 12:35:46 PM »

Fair enough Spring. I'd suggest that the whole 'enemy within element' of Altrincham's support and the club as a whole is an unsubstantiated fantasy that was born out of seeds planted by club officials themselves.

I'm not directing this at the chairman himself although he is ultimately responsible for the clubs staff, paid or unpaid.

Large sections of our support are being alienated because of their opinions and you chose to reflect that alienation. Its being put out there that this club has a section of followers who call themselves supporters but are actually just and angry vocal minority who have only the sensationalism of mass change on their minds and are ignoring the good work of the club and the true values and efforts being made. Its nonsense.

We are fans of this club.

You asked us to list what we do for the club, how we contribute. I think its irrelevant. I love this club, its as close to being in my blood as anything could be. I support Altrincham FC proudly wherever I go and with whoever I meet and that includes every corner of the globe. When it comes to my life outside of family, loved ones and my job i'm an Alty fan. And I would say i'm not even close to the passion, commitment and sentiment thats carried by a lot of our fans and particularly the ones being singled out. Its absolutely absurd that our opinions and reflections of the clubs current position should be ignored or dismissed.

I appreciate that you have taken time to reflect on every post on here and be honest enough to tell us what you thought and think now. I think you'll find all of us have plenty in common and the primary thing is the success of our football club regardless of our level of contribution or how we think it should be achieved.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:37:24 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

time out the club have given stewards permission to open gate one which is the gate at the end of golf road /popular side of ground the gate will be opened at 15-15 to let you all out.

This makes me think that Mr Rowley isn't really bothered about the walk out. He's obviously said just open the gate and let them go if they want.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

time out the club have given stewards permission to open gate one which is the gate at the end of golf road /popular side of ground the gate will be opened at 15-15 to let you all out.

This makes me think that Mr Rowley isn't really bothered about the walk out. He's obviously said just open the gate and let them go if they want.

He's a bit dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't here though isn't he? Surely the only way to do it is to act in a normal manner.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »

They have no choice, they know that at a given time there is likely to be a large number of people leaving the ground. Imagine they refuse to open the main gates and something happens. Its total common sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home