PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42462 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

time out the club have given stewards permission to open gate one which is the gate at the end of golf road /popular side of ground the gate will be opened at 15-15 to let you all out.

This makes me think that Mr Rowley isn't really bothered about the walk out. He's obviously said just open the gate and let them go if they want.

They have no choice, they know that at a given time there is likely to be a large number of people leaving the ground. Imagine they refuse to open the main gates and something happens. Its total common sense.
On what possible grounds could the club refuse to open any gate to anyone who requests to leave at any point during a game. I think they've made a rather unnecessary statement.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bighairedmike

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 02:03:31 PM »

They've obviously decided to open that gate because it is out of the way and seems like the protestors are leaving quietly through the back door.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »

I think you are reading too much in to it. The main gate is closed to stop people getting in.

I think its OK to open the far gate in fact its probably the best possible situation. Far from sloping off it will be very visible from the directors seats as to how many are actually leaving. That sounds like a result to me.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »

Are flares and smoke bombs allowed outside the ground?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

time out the club have given stewards permission to open gate one which is the gate at the end of golf road /popular side of ground the gate will be opened at 15-15 to let you all out.

This makes me think that Mr Rowley isn't really bothered about the walk out. He's obviously said just open the gate and let them go if they want.

They have no choice, they know that at a given time there is likely to be a large number of people leaving the ground. Imagine they refuse to open the main gates and something happens. Its total common sense.
On what possible grounds could the club refuse to open any gate to anyone who requests to leave at any point during a game. I think they've made a rather unnecessary statement.

Agree with cheshire cat, this is the only sensible thing to do, and i dont think they have made a statement have they? I think they just confirmed to a fan who requested? Unless I've missed something, an official statement would be weird!!!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »

Agree with cheshire cat, this is the only sensible thing to do, and i dont think they have made a statement have they? I think they just confirmed to a fan who requested? Unless I've missed something, an official statement would be weird!!!
OK, no statement - just semantics.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bighairedmike

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »

I think you are reading too much in to it. The main gate is closed to stop people getting in.

I think its OK to open the far gate in fact its probably the best possible situation. Far from sloping off it will be very visible from the directors seats as to how many are actually leaving. That sounds like a result to me.

What's that? Yep, that's a fast approaching WHOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

They cannot refuse to let anyone out as they cannot hold you against your will, What they can do is stop you coming back in once you have walked out as you have paid for one admission the first time you came through the turnstiles. Trying to get back in counts as a re admission
@AltyDaz

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »

The only reason gate one was picked by the stewards to open . Is because at. 15-15 all the other gates are by turnstiles which will be still open and taking cash

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »

The only reason gate one was picked by the stewards to open . Is because at. 15-15 all the other gates are by turnstiles which will be still open and taking cash
I wouldn't justify yourself . Whatever gate is opened is fine the fans can leave as they want . Great work getting a response so quick to the fans . 
ParkINson's red and white army

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2017, 11:27:40 PM »

And won't be picked up by AltyTv

Just call me cynical.

taxi Phil

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2017, 12:33:16 AM »

And won't be picked up by AltyTv

Just call me cynical.
You're cynical. Probably the result of standing next to me at matches  ;)

Baldrick

« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2017, 02:12:33 PM »

The club are making 2000 tickets available to local schools (adult £5 + child free) so assuming there are 2000 kids who want to go to the game it should be a full house. If 100 walk out nobody will notice.

http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/free-school-tickets/

JMF

« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »

It will be noticed next season when they have driven regular supporters away. Once the financial and physical input of those supporters is no longer around.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

It's not going to be that  noticeable even with 1000 there
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home