+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc

Poll

Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of alty

No
Yes...rowley out!!
Yes but stay as community director or vice chair or something

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc  (Read 11040 times)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 08:03:37 AM »

ROWLEY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »

Resign and let him have a job serving pints behind the bar

Matt Taylor

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be able to have a preferred opinion in terms of what else Graham Rowley would be better suited to than being chairman - i.e. Vice chairman, community director, barman etc. But ultimately that should be a decision for the new chairman coming in. Would he want the ex-chairman in a prominent position? Would Graham Rowley even think the relationship was workable having previously clung on so desperately to being the chairman? Who knows.

The most, and only, important thing for now is that he goes. Exactly what that looks like for him moving forward can be worked through later.

Frosty

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »

Yes although we are thriving

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be able to have a preferred opinion in terms of what else Graham Rowley would be better suited to than being chairman - i.e. Vice chairman, community director, barman etc. But ultimately that should be a decision for the new chairman coming in. Would he want the ex-chairman in a prominent position? Would Graham Rowley even think the relationship was workable having previously clung on so desperately to being the chairman? Who knows.

The most, and only, important thing for now is that he goes. Exactly what that looks like for him moving forward can be worked through later.

I dont think he is clinging on desperately. It seems a pretty comfortable post to me. He's appointing new directors, I assume in the hope they can turn the clubs fortunes around. I think he is just not at the point of realisation yet that his position is no longer sustainable. It seems that a lot of fans believe that point has been reached.

I think he could do a good job for the club, his passion and commitment is undoubted. Is he the person to lead the club and make the ultimate call on big decisions on the footballing side, which ultimately dictate the rest? I think that question answers itself.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »

i voted No, if there are people out there with money to invest,why are they not on the board and putting their money into the club,again who would you replace him with?
Harold

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »

i voted No, if there are people out there with money to invest,why are they not on the board and putting their money into the club,again who would you replace him with?

To be honest, that particular argument is becoming a little bit tired hsmith. My cat could equally have taken us down this year.

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

Bill waterson
Jonathon Wall
Mike Adams
John Henderson

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

If a chairman who has alienated more than a few fans and has presided over two successive relegations is irreplaceable then we might as well shut down now.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:47 PM »

Bill waterson
Jonathon Wall
Mike Adams
John Henderson

Rowley in

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Bill waterson
Jonathon Wall
Mike Adams
John Henderson

Rowley in

Someone had to say it!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:28 PM »

I'd endorse  Graham being made club president (aware that is not in my power).  I feel we owe a lot, but I feel on balance its time for a change
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »

If a chairman who has alienated more than a few fans and has presided over two successive relegations is irreplaceable then we might as well shut down now.

Exactly.

i'd go further to say that his extraordinary contribution to the running of the club which goes way beyond any wages he could take from the club on a regular basis are partly responsible to him taking his eye off the ball so badly, and thats by his own admission.

Maybe we need a chairman who sits at the top and isnt so involved in the nuts and bolts.

The idea that this person doesnt exist because they aren't screaming out in public they are ready to take over needs to be forgotten.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »

I dont think he is clinging on desperately. It seems a pretty comfortable post to me. He's appointing new directors, I assume in the hope they can turn the clubs fortunes around. I think he is just not at the point of realisation yet that his position is no longer sustainable. It seems that a lot of fans believe that point has been reached.

Yes, that's a fair point mate. We can disagree on the definition of clinging on, but the point I was making was more from a hypothetical (although some might think unlikely) position where Graham Rowley has left his position, wasn't best pleased about it, and what would happen next in that scenario. It would then be for a new chairman to decide what he/she wants from the team around them and what position each individual should occupy moving forward.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc