News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hello, my name is Grahame...

Author Topic: Hello, my name is Grahame...  (Read 2369 times)

Get back in yer box!

Hello, my name is Grahame...
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:47:53 PM »

I own around a quarter of a small business in the Altrincham area and have the backing of my fellow board members, who also own a further substantial portion.  I am honoured to be the chairman of the said business and I am happy to report it is thriving, having only made small losses recently in a very challenging trading environment.

We have had to revise our business plan recently in the face of stiff competition from other local and not so local businesses that have substantially better financial positions than our own and larger talent pools to call from.

We have mitigated this in 3 ways:
- Re-positioned the business as a community based business,
- Right-sized our aspirations for the business, to allow us to operate in an environment where we are only in competition with smaller businesses than ourselves,
- Employed an exciting trio or experienced managers with the determination ensure the business will prosper in its new form.

Some of our existing customer base have expressed some dissatisfaction with our recent trading, although we are confident that we can bring in new customers to replace them with, in the near future, by means of attractive lower prices and new talent coming into the business.

I would like you all to join me in supporting our revitalized venture on its exciting journey into the future....

Hello my name is Grahame...
...and this is what goes on in my head.

Teasierbeaver

Re: Hello, my name is Grahame...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »

If you honestly think that much thought and strategy has gone into our new foray into the pub football market then I think you've seriously misjudged the plight we are in.

There's no ambition in our lack of ambition.

On the other hand, this really made me laugh, you could sell it to some people and they'd buy it!

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »

I own around a quarter of a small business in the Altrincham area and have the backing of my fellow board members, who also own a further substantial portion.  I am honoured to be the chairman of the said business and I am happy to report it is thriving, having only made small losses recently in a very challenging trading environment.

We have had to revise our business plan recently in the face of stiff competition from other local and not so local businesses that have substantially better financial positions than our own and larger talent pools to call from.

We have mitigated this in 3 ways:
- Re-positioned the business as a community based business,
- Right-sized our aspirations for the business, to allow us to operate in an environment where we are only in competition with smaller businesses than ourselves,
- Employed an exciting trio or experienced managers with the determination ensure the business will prosper in its new form.

Some of our existing customer base have expressed some dissatisfaction with our recent trading, although we are confident that we can bring in new customers to replace them with, in the near future, by means of attractive lower prices and new talent coming into the business.

I would like you all to join me in supporting our revitalized venture on its exciting journey into the future....

Hello my name is Grahame...
...and this is what goes on in my head.

superb

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »

Indeed - best post of 2017 so far.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »

Outstanding.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team