PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matt Doughty Q and A
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Matt Doughty Q and A  (Read 13648 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Matt Doughty Q and A
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:32:51 AM »

Hopefully Facebook Live will cover this. We only got only question in from the comments last time and I'll try and ask more.

We will continue to Facebook Live where we can until the actual real life attendance suffers. So if we don't manage to make an announcement (and the event is at Moss Lane), assume there will be some form of social coverage.

I'm in the process of buying new equipment to improve on issues. And looking for a sponsor to make Altrincham FC Facebook Live streaming the best it can be.

We're also interested in various sponsors for our coverage across the entire of social media. PM if anybody would be interested.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:35:00 AM by AltyHash »
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Doughty Q and A
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »

I confess to being a little surprised that neither Matt Doughty nor Robbie Lawton appear to be taking the opportunity to head over to Bower Fold tonight in order to watch Stalybridge Celtic versus Bradford PA, particularly as we are scheduled to play both of those clubs in two of our next three league fixtures.

That would just seem to constitute a potentially more profitable evening than conducting this somewhat immaterial forum.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »

You can ask them later
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »

You can ask them later

I'm washing my hair.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:59:28 PM »

I confess to being a little surprised that neither Matt Doughty nor Robbie Lawton appear to be taking the opportunity to head over to Bower Fold tonight in order to watch Stalybridge Celtic versus Bradford PA, particularly as we are scheduled to play both of those clubs in two of our next three league fixtures.

That would just seem to constitute a potentially more profitable evening than conducting this somewhat immaterial forum.

oops

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

Isn't it obvious? He's only interested in securing his own position, there's no other reason for a pointless Q and A. You could also argue that he should be prioritising spending time with the players.

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »

When was the Celtic game tonight arranged? If it was before confirming tonights Q & A then its amateurish to say the least.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »

Thought Densmore and Hobson were our scouts?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Still able to view it on the Altrincham FC Facebook page
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »

Got bored watching after 8 mins when Lawton said 2 players were stalling on new deals who we'd definitely want in our team. I can't think of any of this years squad that I'd definitely want in our team!!

York Alty is back

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »

Tomlinson and Newby?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

Newby is a Barrow player and Tomlinson needs to prove his fitness. I know there's not many straws to clutch at though mate!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 10:46:50 PM »

So what happened?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 10:49:38 PM »

Fair play to both Doughty and Lawton (Robbie in particular speaks well, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says), I thought they spoke sense and showed some passion and fight. They obviously want the job and have the desire to succeed. I liked their straight talking (even if Jim Harvey did take a battering from Matt!) and didn't blag any questions. Matt was right in what he said about him having to clean up others mess, but I doubt very much he would have been considered for the job in better circumstances. The decision on dropping Reeves is absolutely correct and shows they have the bottle to make big decisions.
My issue isn't with these two but the chairman, who i still believe should have stepped down after overseeing this absolute shambles. Whether Doughty and Lawton are right, only time will tell I suppose.

York Alty is back

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »

Rowley has to accept responsibility at some point. His position is untenable in my view.

He has to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matt Doughty Q and A