PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Stalybridge match thread  (Read 18912 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Stalybridge match thread
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »

We are playing to do the double over Stalybridge.

We are playing so as to avoid finishing bottom club in the division.

We are now playing for pride and arguably have more to play for than the mid table teams.

Well that gang of C**ts should have been doing beforehand, surely? How do we have more to play for?  Unless you count scrabbling for a contract in the Evostick as "something to play for". Very bizarre post.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:28 AM »

You might not have noticed but the team that started the season is not the team that is playing now. 50 odd players have pulled on the shirt but how many actually put a shift in?

There was a cancer in the dressing room. Mentally as well as physically we were dysfunctional. Slowly this has been addressed and now the team are a team again. In my opinion it was first noticeable away at FCUM.

We are starting again from a very low point (Glue league) but the rebuild  has already started even though we still have to take the hit that is relegation.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »

Nothing wrong with really wanting the job. We've had managers with experience this season and it was a complete shambles. Let them have the job , see how it goes because the alternative of starting all over again will end up in tears.
There is something wrong with neglecting the team, which the management team did on Tuesday

They chose to showcase themselves instead of preparing our team to face 2 of our 3 next opponents - sad really

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

Nothing wrong with really wanting the job. We've had managers with experience this season and it was a complete shambles. Let them have the job , see how it goes because the alternative of starting all over again will end up in tears.
There is something wrong with neglecting the team, which the management team did on Tuesday

They chose to showcase themselves instead of preparing our team to face 2 of our 3 next opponents - sad really
No they didn't. They chose to address the cancer which is dividing the supporters and put facing the perennial whingers like you ahead of a trip to watch 2 of the next 3 opponents. Ordinarily you would be pleased to be put at the front of the queue but with your moaning head on you refuse to see anything positive that is taking place.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »

I wish people would stop using the present management team as a way to express their displeasure with the board. The chairman should obviously consider his position in light of two relegations, but imo using MD and RL as scapegoats for poor past managerial appointments is just muddying the issue.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »

I wish people would stop using the present management team as a way to express their displeasure with the board. The chairman should obviously consider his position in light of two relegations, but imo using MD and RL as scapegoats for poor past managerial appointments is just muddying the issue.

In my opinion they're ANOTHER poor managerial appointment.  I'd love them to prove me wrong though.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »

You might not have noticed but the team that started the season is not the team that is playing now. 50 odd players have pulled on the shirt but how many actually put a shift in?

There was a cancer in the dressing room. Mentally as well as physically we were dysfunctional. Slowly this has been addressed and now the team are a team again. In my opinion it was first noticeable away at FCUM.

We are starting again from a very low point (Glue league) but the rebuild  has already started even though we still have to take the hit that is relegation.

Very good (reasoned) post - if only we had a few more level heads amongst our fanbase - and most importantly our board.

This current team might have been good for lower-to-mid table - not great in the grander scheme of things, but not so bad given where we were.

It might sound daft to most, but relegation might be better than survival at this point - get the 'winning' mentality back, and hopefully bounce back with renewed momentum.  It's worked (albeit at a different level) for the likes of Leicester, Southampton and Norwich.

Dare I say it, some fans might even enjoy our little 'holiday' in the glue league compared to what we've witnessed the past couple of years  :D

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »

In my opinion they're ANOTHER poor managerial appointment.  I'd love them to prove me wrong though.

They might prove you wrong Romeo. If they don't, I'll be with you 100%, but surely they should be given the opportunity now when there's nothing to lose and things do seem to be getting a little better.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »

No they didn't. They chose to address the cancer which is dividing the supporters and put facing the perennial whingers like you ahead of a trip to watch 2 of the next 3 opponents. Ordinarily you would be pleased to be put at the front of the queue but with your moaning head on you refuse to see anything positive that is taking place.

If they were that arsed about the supporters and the team they would have arranged the meeting for another night in the first place and not a night when they should've been watching future opponents or preparing the team at training.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 11:49:46 AM »

Unfortunately we lose this 3-2 after an awful nervy start and a stronger finish. MD and RL will say our lucks rotten.

I sincerely hope they prove me wrong because we've got a fantastic chance of getting a win in our next three games which could sensationally see us only 6 or 7 points of safety with six games to play.

If the revival that the management talk about really is on then this isnt just a pipe dream, but I like others am truly sceptical given the sides we've beaten this season and seeing how much we had to ride our luck at Boston to get the win.

I also think if we lose Newby at the end of March its game over.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »

Very good (reasoned) post - if only we had a few more level heads amongst our fanbase - and most importantly our board.

This current team might have been good for lower-to-mid table - not great in the grander scheme of things, but not so bad given where we were.

It might sound daft to most, but relegation might be better than survival at this point - get the 'winning' mentality back, and hopefully bounce back with renewed momentum.  It's worked (albeit at a different level) for the likes of Leicester, Southampton and Norwich.

Dare I say it, some fans might even enjoy our little 'holiday' in the glue league compared to what we've witnessed the past couple of years  :D
It does sound daft to want relegation over survival yes

And to suggest this leauge we are heading towards may be fun is incredible

I have no words left
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »

Lord knows I've always had time for Buzz and Robbie but I think the worrying thing is that GR has learned no lessons from Tolson, he's now made an appointment that's not based on capability or experience. I'm afraid Matt Doughty as assistant to Tolson and Harvey has a large responsibility for where we are now.

Where is the clear headed structural thinking here? They were appointed to the end of the season on their own prompting for Gods sake. We've moved from utterly shambolic to less shambolic yes but did we really give up on this season before Xmas.

This clubs deserves more than managers being given a job on the bare minimum of improvement, if they lack credibility and accountability - the two key factors in our downfall (starting from the top) - then it will continue.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »

I agree with you Ballers, but surely the next 9 games (?) will be an opportunity to make a sound assessment about the current management team when there's absolutely nothing to lose? If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out and we can start again in the summer.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 01:07:13 PM »

On the subject of managerial experience,  Jim Harvey had it in bucketfuls and bombed badly. Young was experienced too, and was a total washout.

Look at the Cowleys.....probably the management success story of the season. Where were they 5 years ago ?

Every manager has to cut his teeth somewhere.....maybe Buzz and Robbie will blossom in the glue league, sceptical as I am. At least they have roots at this club.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »

As stated by the pair at the meeting, they deserve the chance to start next season, bringing their own players and ideas in before and from the start of next season. This season they are doing their best with what they already had to work with. Matt and Robbie said it was a thankless task to start with what they had, in the light of results so far before they started. We are now seeing the signs of improvement. Believe me there is still a long way to go before things really improve, we can start by winning the next two games. If we do I also think there is a real chance we can survive, but if we don't then we go to the glue league. Even if that happens, from the meeting last Tuesday, I still think they deserve their chance to build their own team. Don't write them or the team off just yet, see what happens in the next two games, it could be boom or bust. As fare as Stalybridge in concerned my head says score draw but my heart says 1-0 win. Time will tell.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread