PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Stalybridge match thread  (Read 18905 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge match thread
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »

That article is garbage. Earned ? Achieved ? Manchester United won the European Cup in 1999. However, the previous season they finished runners up. So if we apply the logic from the programme articles then Man Utd only earned their passage into Europe and didn't achieve it and should be made to give the trophy back. I stopped buying the programme after being told off by GR for bullying Neil Young out of a job, I don't think i'm missing much if that sort of article is anything to go by.

GB Alty

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »

Mike Garnett should be ashamed of himself for writing such an article, and the club should be ashamed of itself for allowing it to be printed

Whatever your views on Rowley, thoughts like this have no place at Moss Lane, its an insult to all of us

Garnett out
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:23:58 AM by Hey Presto »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »

Accrington , Barnet , Dagenham , Macclesfield and Burton to name a few have done some major over achieving then.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »

The writer of the article is entitled to his opinion, but to say that the last two promotions were not earned is pretty insulting in my view; not least to Heathcote, Sinnott and everyone else who did their bit.

I would also argue that we totally deserve to be in the Evo Stick next season, and I havent heard anyone say otherwise.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

The writer of the article is entitled to his opinion, but to say that the last two promotions were not earned is pretty insulting in my view; not least to Heathcote, Sinnott and everyone else who did their bit.

I would also argue that we totally deserve to be in the Evo Stick next season, and I havent heard anyone say otherwise.
totally agree with this .. and we still don't know if we are at rock bottom yet
ParkINson's red and white army

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »

totally agree with this .. and we still don't know if we are at rocnk bottom yet
When we're in the bottom 6 of the glue league in September we'll know that rock bottom has been redefined.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »

totally agree with this .. and we still don't know if we are at rocnk bottom yet
When we're in the bottom 6 of the glue league in September we'll know that rock bottom has been redefined.
what sits below the glue leauge out of interest? Amatuer football ?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »

North West Counties not quite amateur

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2017, 11:52:32 AM »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »

I'd like to know what our current management trio - all involved in the time period as players/managers - think of not earning our place as footballs top table.
It's all my fault.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »

An interesting, if in my opinion,incomplete view on our recent history and indeed the meritocracy of the play-off system.

I suspect Mike, like me, is a bit of a traditionalist and although a comparative newcomer to supporting the team (1971) I still subscribe to the White & Swales philosophy, i.e. Altrincham FC should aspire to being among the best, if not the best semi professional team in England and Wales. Back then to have been that would see you knocking on the door of the FL but in the decades in between it might've seen you in the relegation zone of the Conference National. Personally speaking, chasing league position whilst important is not crucial, the Berman years in particular have taught me that. However, in 2017 we clearly have the resources, the support and the access to playing talent to be the club White and Swales wanted us to be - it's a stated aim of the 5 year plan after all.  

At the start of this season there were 6 part time sides in the league above us and about the same number of better resourced sides in this league, at least 2 of which we can accept are aberrations. With the greatest of respect Mike, given the resources upon which we can clearly call, this wretched season points to a much greater malaise at the club than the swings and roundabouts of footballing fortune.    
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:34:37 PM by JTH »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2017, 11:55:02 AM »

I'd like to know what our current management trio - all involved in the time period as players/managers - think of not earning our place as footballs top table.
great question

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »

Two poor teams of which we were the less poor, mainly due to Newby. Undoubtedly MOM and had he scored it would have been given. Terrible as Owens is hes the only option we have until Hobson is fit. Hes the only option because of the brand of football we are plying ie route 1.

Special mention for the Cyrus burst forward with ball at his feet.  Thought it Rio Ferdinand for a minute.

Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »

A special mention indeed for John Cyrus. A completely different player to the one I have seen previously. Yes I know it was only Stalybridge, but he was much more confident and commanding yesterday. Newby motm.

York Alty is back

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »

Man of the Match? The organiser of the walkout.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge match thread