PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: No Twitter updates.  (Read 47562 times)

Jimmy

Re: No Twitter updates.
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »

Walking out I acknowledged several people who applauded

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2017, 08:22:35 AM »

Come on dingo. Perhaps most people around you weren't applauding - they really were around where I was stood under the gantry. A number of us against the advertising hoardings turned round to applaud the protesters - this may have obscured your view. There honestly was a lot of support for those who left - I've no reason whatsoever to lie. These divisions are real mate, they can't just be swept under the carpet.

I have no doubt there is a division and I admire the 24 for their courage but if you honestly say to me are they more people in favour of the protestors view than against you are wrong. I don't think you believe that. I think more people probably applauded Tha i give credit for but the social media person did not reflect accurately events, he spun them to his own ends and he knows it deep down 2. Where I was sat I was about 3 meters from him

Reread my posts and you will come across the piece of fraction composed by the social media lad. By the way GR would be your boss in an office sarf alty, pity none of you guys are as successful as him so you could really do something about deposing him

Can you please expand on this?

'Successful', yes he's done well for himself but in respect to running our football club: overseeing consecutive relegations, presided over a series of disastrous management appointments, got in unseemly rows with the national football press, alienated a growing number of the fanbase. I'd love to know where you work if such sustained incompetence is described as 'successful'.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »

Walking out I acknowledged several people who applauded

Fair enough Jimmy

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »

I'm going to take exception to a few points in this thread.

Firstly, "Twitter lads", I am the brand manager for a pub company who've posted an annual revenue north of 50 million. I look after the parent brand and three sub brands (around £15m). I'm not some arsey teenager with a vengeance. I'm not being arrogant here. We wiped the floor with Brewdog, Stonegate Pubs (walkabout,slug and lettuce among many others - 30x the size) at the national Publican awards.

Secondly, if I had continual issues with a board member at my company, I'd schedule a meeting with The creative board member I report to and discuss it with them. If matters continued I'd leave. And more than likely join a rival.

Thirdly, Dingo you were not sat close by.

Fourthly, there is no issue with the tweets. You're looking for meaning - like an English Teacher over analysing Carol Anne Duffy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:02:55 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »

Firstly, "Twitter lads", I am the brand manager for a pub company who've posted an annual revenue north of 50 million. I look after the parent brand and three sub brands (around £15m). I'm not some arsey teenager with a vengeance. I'm not being arrogant here. We wiped the floor with Brewdog, Stonegate Pubs (walkabout,slug and lettuce among many others - 30x the size) at the national Publican awards.

Secondly, if I had continual issues with a board member at my company, I'd schedule a meeting with The creative board member I report to and discuss it with them. If matters continued I'd leave. And more than likely join a rival.

Fourthly, there is no issue with the tweets. You're looking for meaning - like an English Teacher over analysing Carol Anne Duffy.

Very good post I also thought 'Twitter lads' was immensely disrespectful and probably shows Dingos ignorance (yet again) of how much hard work, creativity and thought went into our social media. You can't just get a couple of 6th formers off the street to do this.

dingo

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2017, 09:22:45 AM »

Very good post I also thought 'Twitter lads' was immensely disrespectful and probably shows Dingos ignorance (yet again) of how much hard work, creativity and thought went into our social media. You can't just get a couple of 6th formers off the street to do this.
a brand manage no doubt what a title.

So your an employee not an owner of a business big wow.

You are a sheep not a Shepard.

If you had an issue with a board member of your company that person wouldn't care. Lions don't spend there time worrying what sheep think.

So where was the social media stationed then?

The fact is the protest could have been held in a public toilet it was so insignificant

bighairedmike

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »

If you had an issue with a board member of your company that person wouldn't care. Lions don't spend there time worrying what sheep think.

The fact is the protest could have been held in a public toilet it was so insignificant

The arrogance of you sir is despicable. How dare you try and belittle someone like that? I'm sure your mates in the main stand think you're very big and clever for this. If it was that insignificant, why do you feel the need to come on here and mention it? Can you not see you are just fanning the flames and showing the wholeness persona of those at a club.

Those who follow blindly by without doing anything are the sheep. Not the ones wanting change. If you're going to use metaphor to attempt to convey your illl conceived venom then at least use ones that are appropriate.

Time to go

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:39 AM »

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

Everyone was either there, heard the radio commentary, or can read about it in the media.

If those with their own agenda inside the club want to start trying to pretend on the internet that there is 'nothing to see here' or rubbish people personally then, and I appreciate it's not easy at times, but let's try to rise above it.

This 'Dingo' chap knows what happened. Rowley knows what happened. The rest of the board know what happened. And everyone else involved with the club knows too. Continuing into next season prentending otherwise isn't going to solve anything.

andrewflynn

« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »

Keep going.

The more you post, the more it's abundantly apparent that it is infact us that are the reasonable party here. You're not only embarrassing yourself but also the 'side' that you're trying to stick up for.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »

You're bang out of order here Dingo.

Okay, so you don't agree with the protest, amongst other things, which is fine but you're getting very personal here and that's totally uncalled for.

I didn't agree with the protest either but I am not going to start having a pop at people's lives outside of Alty.

We're all entitled to our opinion but you've crossed the line here and should apologise.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »

True colours shown. You've lost any remote shred of credibility you ever possessed. No more discussion required.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »

We used to have a poster on here called Dino.  He only ever appeared when there was something he could find fault with, and he never let the facts get in the way of his whingeing. There's only one letter difference between Dino and dingo.

As Private Eye would put it : "Could they be in some way related ? We should be told !"

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »

You're right, lions don't care about sheep.

Lions do,however, look after their cubs.

It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »

We used to have a poster on here called Dino.  He only ever appeared when there was something he could find fault with, and he never let the facts get in the way of his whingeing. There's only one letter difference between Dino and dingo.

As Private Eye would put it : "Could they be in some way related ? We should be told !"

Indeed and there are similarities in the spelling and grammar (or lack thereof).

p.s. Even more annoyingly I get Kevin Rowland's nasal warbling in my head every time I read Dino (and I know the spelling is completely different)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:47:55 AM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »

You're right, lions don't care about sheep.

Lions do,however, look after their cubs.

Touche
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.