PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: No Twitter updates.  (Read 47243 times)

andrewflynn

Re: No Twitter updates.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »

I'm really sorry we couldn't provide our usual text updates for you all.

As of yet, I haven't been contacted by the Club regarding this situation and I'll be speaking with the relevant people before posting further on here.

Once again I do apologise and I hope as many of you managed to tune in to Radio Robins as possible.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »

Any chance the actual lads who normally run the twitter can come on and let us know exactly what happened?

I'd also suggest a club official give their side if they can.

Another sad day for all of us.

There is supposed to be a new chain of command from communication with Bill Waterson.

The walkout was discussed by myself and Bill and I can't repeat what was said but he was made aware that many people including the club mascot and some of the social media team would do so.

Midway through our coverage we were locked out.

When you say "midway through our coverage", were you tweeting about the walkout at the time?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 06:45:33 PM »

Why is the chairman personally getting involved in a part of the club that he holds no responsibility for?

Under the strategic reviews plan, all communication is signed off by Bill Waterson. The chairman is now supposed to hold no power over these decisions.

Yet another sign that the Strategic Review was an attempt to cement his own position and the club had absolutely no intention of committing to it.

Five year plan? It's already been discarded less than 5 weeks later.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 06:46:12 PM »

Any chance the actual lads who normally run the twitter can come on and let us know exactly what happened?

There is supposed to be a new chain of command from communication with Bill Waterson.

The walkout was discussed by myself and Bill and I can't repeat what was said but he was made aware that many people including the club mascot and some of the social media team would do so.

When you say "midway through our coverage", were you tweeting about the walkout at the time?

56 minutes in. Three tweets, one mentioning people leaving, one clarifying (via John Laidlars updates) it was in protest, one letting people know numbers after a direct ask.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:58:30 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »

56 minutes in. Three tweets, one mentioning people leaving, one clarifying (via John Laidlars updates) it was in protest, one letting people know numbers

Thanks for the clarification.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

Everybody knows I don't do social media. But if it is proved that censorship has taken place I shall finally wash my hands of the club I've loved for 61 years.

I'm thoroughly disgusted.

finnquark

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 07:26:51 PM »

Why do we need a social media team anyway? We can all just hear the thoughts of MD after every game. In the last 24 hours he has not only retweeted yet another piece of dross about how fantastic he is, but he has just given us this update:

1200 there today fantastic support. We deserved the points today. On another day we score 4 or should i say @elliot_newby scores 4😂😂😂👍👍

I'm glad he can laugh about failing to win against Stalybridge!!! Top work MD!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »

I believe that Bill Waterson was unable to attend the Stalybridge match and I would be hugely surprised if he was the mastermind behind this peevish act.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »

We need to hear the club's side before reaching any conclusion, but, on a day like today, there is bound to be suspicion of anything unusual, such as the free tickets been given out, and whether they were intended to dilute the protest.

There is nothing controversial about the Twitter posts (unlike a predictive text typo from Stalybridge which called Alan Goodall Goofball!),  so I am left wondering if it's something as petty as trying to make it harder for those who left early to follow what was going on in the game, not that much did.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »

Everybody knows I don't do social media. But if it is proved that censorship has taken place I shall finally wash my hands of the club I've loved for 61 years.

I'm thoroughly disgusted.

Totally agree. I've watched and loved this club for 36 years as you know Romeo but my hands will be as clean as yours if this is proved to be true.

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »

Bill will set us straight on this, over to you Bill  In Bill we trust
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:22:14 PM by DT »

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »

We need to hear the club's side before reaching any conclusion, but, on a day like today, there is bound to be suspicion of anything unusual, such as the free tickets been given out, and whether they were intended to dilute the protest.

There is nothing controversial about the Twitter posts (unlike a predictive text typo from Stalybridge which called Alan Goodall Goofball!),  so I am left wondering if it's something as petty as trying to make it harder for those who left early to follow what was going on in the game, not that much did.

I was aware of the free tickets a couple of weeks ago as a result of correspondence following the presentation. That was BEFORE the walkout was announced. There's plenty wrong over this whole issue, but the free tickets should be dismissed from the picture.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »

Okay, fair enough.  I am happy to withdraw that.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »

Just to clarify and summarize so far:

Jack Jolly had a conversation with Bill Waterman prior to today which involved the topic of today's planned walkout by fans.

The details of the conversation can't be shared by Jack, understandably, however he did let Bill know members of the social media team and club mascot had intended to take part.

Nothing was said after that conversation on this topic between club and social media team.

During the game today, and I followed this almost by the minute, the social media team made reference to the protest 20 minutes into the game stating that the clubs official updates included reference to a protest. There then followed a couple of tweets responding to Ben Collins (journalist) and his blog after direct questions about the protest ('were there not many?' and 'does it mean they won't come back in?'). The tweets were straight forward objective responses, which as I type are still there.

Can Jack/social media team/club officials confirm these are the facts please? We're any tweets deleted today from the club official twitter?

For the sake of all concerned I just think it's best we have the facts laid bare and make out judgements based on that. The truth behind all this and the nature of those facts will have a big influence on people's opinions of the club. Let's make sure it's all honest.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »

Jack Jolly had a conversation with Bill Waterman prior to today which involved the topic of today's planned walkout by fans. 

-----  Yes, Bill phoned me on his commute home. We spoke for 2 hours on the walkout, the future of the club, potential new strategies, and the communication structure of the club  -----

The details of the conversation can't be shared by Jack, understandably, however he did let Bill know members of the social media team and club mascot had intended to take part.

----- The opening discussions were deemed 'off the record' and towards the end got more general - however, not knowing where the line was drawn in being off the record, I'd rather not put things out in the public domain. But yes, mascot, social media team were considering and likely to take part. After that conversation that was the most positive I've been about the club in a while and I was convinced we might actually make progress going forward.

Nothing was said after that conversation on this topic between club and social media team.

---- I havent heard from Bill since that phone call, or Grahame - bar one email discussing an email newsletter template design system ------

During the game today, and I followed this almost by the minute, the social media team made reference to the protest 20 minutes into the game stating that the clubs official updates included reference to a protest. There then followed a couple of tweets responding to Ben Collins (journalist) and his blog after direct questions about the protest ('were there not many?' and 'does it mean they won't come back in?'). The tweets were straight forward objective responses, which as I type are still there.

----- Nothing was deleted. We responded once to that Ben Collins, as far as I am aware, unless anyone else went back to him ------

It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Twitter updates.