+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1236  (Read 7145 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1236
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »

There's been long time, loyal regular home and away attendees been missing for months and months. It's only been masked by more local fixtures, the newer people attracted to watch the club after the big move north by several big corporations and without wanting to come across stereotypical, somewhere warm for mums to have a glass of wine while dad watches the football and the kids run about. All of which is good. But we'll see a truer picture when we are playing ocelot Albion/town or whatever on a Tuesday night in December and when the next new fad (probably the ice hockey) comes to the fore. Loyal long standing customers are priceless to any business.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »

There's been long time, loyal regular home and away attendees been missing for months and months. It's only been masked by more local fixtures, the newer people attracted to watch the club after the big move north by several big corporations and without wanting to come across stereotypical, somewhere warm for mums to have a glass of wine while dad watches the football and the kids run about. All of which is good. But we'll see a truer picture when we are playing ocelot Albion/town or whatever on a Tuesday night in December and when the next new fad (probably the ice hockey) comes to the fore. Loyal long standing customers are priceless to any business.

Correct

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »

It's a sad state of affairs when I'd rather work. Can't remember the last time I've worked so many Saturdays during a season. My clubs disappearing into oblivion, the chairman can't see his errors, I'd rather just stay away 😡

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:25 PM »

Brian, do you know how many season ticket holders we have? I imagine 200-300 is a large chunk of the total sold. It speaks volumes about our current circumstances and doesn't bode well for next season if they are not attending  a Saturday game.

I don't know but would estimate that it's about 350.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:00:42 PM by Brian Flynn »

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »

It's a sad state of affairs when I'd rather work. Can't remember the last time I've worked so many Saturdays during a season. My clubs disappearing into oblivion, the chairman can't see his errors, I'd rather just stay away

Owing to my job, it is a requirement for me to work weekends. I fought tooth and nail at interview to get my company to allow me every Saturday off, which they reluctantly did. Since Christmas I have picked up an extra 4 or 5 Saturdays instead of coming to Altrincham games. In years gone by, if I had to miss an Alty game for whatever reason, I would be glued to the match day updates and even that is slowly draining away. I had to attend a training course in Chester a few weekends ago which finished at 2 o'clock. It was about 6.40 in the evening before I picked up my phone to check the score.

I used to thoroughly enjoy my role on Radio Robins, but I haven't done that since the Salford City game, because I just don't find the enjoyment in being around the club any more. The life has been sucked out of it, and i have the utmost respect for the likes of Brian Flynn, Paul Salt, John Edwards and all the rest who continue to provide that service, whilst trying to entertain the listeners with some of the worst football I have ever witnessed in 20 years at Moss Lane.

The fans that are staying away and not continuing their voluntary roles are loyal supporters who travel the length and breadth of the country following this once great club, not just "Johnny come lateleys" trying to cause trouble.

In the lead up to the protest, the club and many fans were degrading and rude to those who were supporting it, expecting it to be an angry rabble of 3 or 4 drunken idiots, when in fact it was much more than that. Far more poignant and humbling than the decent number who left, were the shouts of encouragement, the applause from other members of the crowd, and those holding the "Rowley Out" flyers in all stands, as the protest left in a quiet, organised and polite manner.

Nobody is enjoying what is going on at the club. Things have to change. We need a united front, and that can not happen until there is change at the top. Due to his actions  at the weekend, it has now become one man clinging to the power and status of being chairman of a football club, completely at that clubs detriment. At Our Clubs detriment. Wa have asked him for months to fall in his sword gracefully. There was absolutely no grace from him in the weekends actions, and they have shown him to be childish and poisonous. He believes he is now bigger than Altrincham Football Club.

He is not. No individual is ever bigger than a Football Club that so many people care about. Accepting this is not an option.

EDIT: Edit due to noticing a spelling and grammatical error.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:32:59 PM by George Heslops Moustache »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 05:53:29 AM »

If Saturday's gate was inflated due to non showing season ticket holders, then you could argue that it wasn't just 25 or 30 people who walked out after 15 minutes; it was 2-300 who walked out before the gates even opened.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 09:58:54 AM »

If Saturday's gate was inflated due to non showing season ticket holders, then you could argue that it wasn't just 25 or 30 people who walked out after 15 minutes; it was 2-300 who walked out before the gates even opened.
[/quote

Very good.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team