PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vocal Minority
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Vocal Minority  (Read 11250 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Vocal Minority
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »

More than 30 applauded pal, a lot more than 30.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »

If this had been a general election you would of lost your deposit!!

I'd always wondered how representative the 'fans forum' was of the Altrincham fan base, now I know.

It's clear that fans forum is not at all representative of the fan base. Let's say 30 walked out and 30 applauded them and, let's be honest that being very fair then that's 5% of today's attendance. This then means 95% of those who attended today do not support #rowleyout.

Okay, I've included the stalybridge fans here but there weren't even 50 of them so we're splitting hairs.

The majority seems to support Rowley like it or not.

I want Rowley to step down, I didn't walk out.  there's no way anyone can back up exact figures for levels of support for and against Rowley but to suggest people are pro Rowley if they didn't walk out or applaud the protesters is nonsense.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »

I'd always wondered how representative the 'fans forum' was of the Altrincham fan base, now I know.

It's clear that fans forum is not at all representative of the fan base. Let's say 30 walked out and 30 applauded them and, let's be honest that being very fair then that's 5% of today's attendance. This then means 95% of those who attended today do not support #rowleyout.

Okay, I've included the stalybridge fans here but there weren't even 50 of them so we're splitting hairs.

Haha The name DIM sums you up perfectly.

You've personally attacked me a couple of times today which is a bit uncalled for.

You may not agree with me but don't get personal mate.

Personal attack? I think you need to grow a pair 'mate'

JMF

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 09:24:48 PM »

I thought that those that chose to leave did with grace and humility after obvious subtle provocation over recent days. Does anyone under 35 know who John King is? One person leaving early is a terrible blow, never mind the numbers that did. Great to see the csh manager here on a Saturday for a change, even if they were hiding out in the usually closed turnstile block.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:55 PM »

If you'd asked me 18 months ago that I wouldn't have watched Alty in 6 months and that I wasn't in traction I would have laughed you all the way to the Drill Field.

Nobodies laughing now I can tell you
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »

lots of fans won't even use this forum and probably don't even know it exists

Lots probably don't get involved in the political side of matters either

I think you may be confusing support for the current board with supporting the team

People expressed there support in lots of other ways as well

Like walking to the exit but not leaving.. others boycotted... others applauded .. others agreed but didn't leave

Either way those that wanted to leave made thier point as intended

None of this changes the fact we have just drawn against the second worst team In the leauge

We will be relegated for the 2nd successive season into oblivion despite having a Healthy p&l and strong revenue from the CSH and large crowds

We are going to finish bottom in a very poor leauge

We are still awaiting any real vision  or clarity from the "5 year plan "

All is not well

This once proud club who would beat top tier teams away from home in the cup . Proceeding to the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the fa cup .. who would draw away at Oxford in the leauge is now a sorry shadow of its former self

This is not about scoring points (no pun intended ) this should be about the realisation we are playing at our lowest level ever

And we have no right to bounce back either

If we don't get someone on board quickly who understands football and can attract hungry local talent then I dread to think what next season may bring
Come on you red and white........

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 09:40:37 PM »

As the protestors walked out at the designated exit gate this afternoon, I was somewhat surprised to see the CSH manager Stacey Rowley standing inside the adjacent turnstile.

Does she always watch home games from that rather curious vantage point?

It has even more of a restricted view than the one from my customary seat in the main stand!

She had a clicker to count how many left

@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »

As the protestors walked out at the designated exit gate this afternoon, I was somewhat surprised to see the CSH manager Stacey Rowley standing inside the adjacent turnstile.

It has even more of a restricted view than the one from my customary seat in the main stand!

we have needed a clicker to keep track of players used and management failures this season 😂😂😂
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »

Why? Is she going to report it to the media or is it just for the Rowleys benefit?

York Alty is back

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »

I walked along Golf Road to the open gate and there were plenty of people applauding, and some waving the flyer.

The noise level fell to almost nil after the walkout.

The walkout may have been a gesture, but a gesture well worth making.

Mr Rowley OUT.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »

1236 attendance only achieved due to free tickets and no utd and city games today. If I had a child who had been daft enough to accept a free ticket he would not have gone to the'match' as (a) I would not have paid theŁ5 to accompany him to watch that white and(b) the child having attended would never want to set foot in Moss Lane again. The management suggestion that first timers using free tickets would become regular supporters is at best laughable and in reality pathologically delusional. I have not been to a match since December but may go Tuesday against nuneaton just to experience nat league north one last time before we continue the descent through the mickey mouse leagues and eventually possess the best community sports hall in the Manchester Saturday amateur league.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 11:24:59 PM »

The sad thing for me is the people who love this club are no longer at games, as they cannot bear to see our plight and what is happening here. One of my fellow supporters, who I have known since I started supporting 20+ years ago, went to Droylsden vs Glossop instead. That for me is a worse fact than those who chose to walk out today. Actions need to be put in place at the top before this decline becomes terminal. It's all well and good saying appreciating the loyal support, but it's extremely difficult to win them back when they go in to the wilderness.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:49 AM »

The crowd they announced was a complete myth about 600/700 at that game

York Alty is back

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 08:40:11 AM »

The crowd they announced was a complete myth about 600/700 at that game
using the warped counting as used by the club, about one hundred walked out.    I know what 1200t at Moss Lane looks like and it was nowhere near it. I say there was 650 ish there.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »

I find this very strange, why is there such animosity and hatred towards a group of fans who paid to get in and then decided to leave, they were not abusive, acted with good discipline and behaviour. You might not agree with them but thats democratic choice, of course 500 didnt decide to leave after 15 mins, I dont believe it was that sort of protest.  The very fact that anyone did is a shame.  I have seen more humility and balance from the Rowley out group than from a good number of the others.  I think the club should take a leaf from the management duo and state that it is totally up to them if they wish to do this, acknowledge all isnt perfect and attempt to build bridges.  Sad times and in my opinion those with power and authority should always rise above and offer the olive branch rather than creating a culture of antagonisation
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Vocal Minority