PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media - A 'Resignation'
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Social Media - A 'Resignation'  (Read 10053 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Social Media - A 'Resignation'
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 05:15:17 PM »

I think we do know

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »

Deary me, these are sad days indeed for this Club.

Thanks for all your effort and work Andrew, and your reasons for resigning are well documented and you make your point very well. It would appear that the Chairman has the skin of a rhino, so it is unlikely that this will cause him any pain....which of course is wrong but I'm afraid that's what we are living with.

This Chairman is quite frankly a disgrace, an embarrassment, and is dragging us down quickly through his bloody mindedness to cling on to power....not giving a rats ass about who is caught in the crossfire as long as he and his cronies and extended family continue to hold sway at the Club. I didn't leave on Saturday, but definitely would join in next time round ( if there is a next time) as this man's actions are becoming farcical.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »

Who oversees such IT issues at the J Davidson Stadium?

I've removed a post that was 'hazarding a guess' at who this might be. (Im not talking about the North Korean leader suggestion above btw  ;))

In the interests of the forum I removed it after being made aware of it and the potential accusations that could made as a result.

Its a shame I had to do that because the post in itself was a harmless guess at who might be running IT at the club, so no offence to the poster, I assure nothing personal there.

The risk is that the club or individual take this as an accusation of what turns out to be a serious wrong doing on someones part.

So to clarify, as of now we do not know who is responsible for Saturdays online lockout of the social media team, or who is managing IT for the club as a whole. Naturally we await a club official to make comment on it.

Thanks for your understanding

Apologies,that was me. It wasn't done with any malice and I didn't really think anything of it,I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »

Who oversees such IT issues at the J Davidson Stadium?

I've removed a post that was 'hazarding a guess' at who this might be. (Im not talking about the North Korean leader suggestion above btw  ;))

In the interests of the forum I removed it after being made aware of it and the potential accusations that could made as a result.

Its a shame I had to do that because the post in itself was a harmless guess at who might be running IT at the club, so no offence to the poster, I assure nothing personal there.

The risk is that the club or individual take this as an accusation of what turns out to be a serious wrong doing on someones part.

So to clarify, as of now we do not know who is responsible for Saturdays online lockout of the social media team, or who is managing IT for the club as a whole. Naturally we await a club official to make comment on it.

Thanks for your understanding

Apologies,that was me. It wasn't done with any malice and I didn't really think anything of it,I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.

I know, no apology needed. Sad times call for sad actions unfortunately.

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »

It is documented in the strategic review that Bill Waterson is in charge of all communications for the club, such as social media, press releases etc. This much is fact.

I don't think this carries on down to the Matchday Programme, as that will be for the editor to decide what can and can not be used. However I can be corrected on that point.

I am aware that due to illness Bill Waterson was not at the game on Saturday, and apportion no blame to him for the social media lockout, as I very much doubt he directed this from his hospital bed.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »

Very sad that this has happened-our Twitter account has been the most entertaining thing about the club this season and was absolutely brilliant at raising the profile of the club and run by people who clearly understand the platform and knew best how to exploit it.

The number of longstanding supporters who have reached the end of their tether with the Chairman is growing on a daily basis and the number of stories of people who have fallen out of love with the club and are not bothering to go anymore is just as sad as our recent on pitch demise.

I would hope that the March board meeting which was mentioned at the Strategic Review that fellow board members will strongly push the Chairman to consider his position.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »

I would have thought it's getting hard for Directors to maintain collective responsibility now.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »

We've got 4 executive directors, 1 is Rowley and at least 2 others are his mates - I don't know about Bill. However even if Bill wanted change its still 3 v 1. The Board are not going to persuade Rowley to go.

York Alty is back

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »

We've got 4 executive directors, 1 is Rowley and at least 2 others are his mates - I don't know about Bill. However even if Bill wanted change its still 3 v 1. The Board are not going to persuade Rowley to go.

A resignation from Bill may have moire sway than staying on..

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »

A resignation from Bill may have moire sway than staying on..

Appointing Bill Waterson and Mike Adams(?) apologies if I got his last name wrong, was the best thing this board has done. I for one would not welcome Bill resigning. He has more Vance of changing things from board level by being there.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:20 PM »

Bill sent me a very polite and respectful reply earlier today. I have not received a word from the Chairman.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »

Everyone is assuming that Bill is anti-Rowley, which is highly unlikely. Yes he spoke well at the Review meeting but that's a far cry from mounting a one man crusade. I don't think we should expect too much from him, however I wait to be surprised.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »

The social media aspect has been one of the few positives this season. Bad news all round. Thank you for your efforts.

Full time and proud of it

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »

Does anyone from the Football Club care to comment on the future of the Social Media channels ?.

As one of the press officers, I will take short-term responsibility for twitter & facebook updates........I have never used Instagram, therefore there will be no Instagram updates in the immediate future.

Unlike Andrew & Jack, I am not a social media expert, therefore social media coverage will be fairly limited over the next few days.

Either John Edwards or I will provide an update regarding going forward on the social media front during the week.

anglo alty

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »

When things like this happen you worry where it will all end, I have been a supporter of Alty since the mid sixties and have never known so much acrimony not even when we were minutes from going bust. The sad fact is however until everyone starts pulling together again we will not be able to move forward. I am all for people voicing their opinions good or bad, but matchday protests do not help the 11 players on the pitch and how are we to attract fresh faces when the public view is that of dis harmony. It is not so long ago that good players were falling over themselves to get here and once here ready to stay. I speak of people like Stu Coburn Damo and Densmore.  The Quicker the club gets back to this philosophy the better
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media - A 'Resignation'