PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Here we go.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Here we go.....  (Read 6063 times)

Forum Ranter

Here we go.....
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »

So i have followed this club since the 80s and seen a number of highs and lows like any football club enjoys. I have never been one who wants to always be in the mix of the die hard supporters, i like to keep myself to myself rather than be centre of attention, same goes for this forum, i've read it as a guest over all the years from the start when it was a very useful 'notice board' for the club to where it is now whihc appears to be a platform for a good rant and in some cases a chance to hurl some abuse.
With the events over the last 48 hours i finally break my mould and decide i want my own say (rant). Now i could back date this over a long period of time but i think even i would get board of the read as it would be so long so i just stick with the last 48 hours.
First the Chairman.......Thank you! With all that has been said and some actions taken thank you for continuing to give your time and effort to this club which you and all of us love. Some have accused the chairman as being a coward.......a coward would have ran off 12 months ago and left the club (not just the 1st team) in bits for someone else to try and fix. Instead what i have witnessed is a man who is knuckling down in trying to address the position the 1st time find themselves in, it was never going to be an over night fix after the mistake that was the appointment of Neil Young, a mistake that everyone appears to agree on including the chairman, but there was no crystal ball, he was appointed with the clear believe that his experience at Chester would mean he was in a good position to take us back up, we all know what happens from here, but lets get one thing right, he was appointed by the Board not soley by the Chairman and the majority of the supporters both on this forum and at the ground believed it was a good appointment also.
Mr Rowley and his family have stuck by the club in extreme circumstances, i have at times visited the club outside match days and the chairman is present in meetings, organising in the office or even seen sweeping up, his dedication is faultless and i have spoken to a number of personel at the club who all play important roles in the club functioning and the support for the chairman is clear, so much so that if you want to talk about walk outs should the self proclaimed minority get their way and the chairman was to leave it would be more than a new chairman that is required so much so i wonder if the club would even be able to forfill their fixtures as it takes more than 11 players to be able to take part in matches, worth some people considering what they wish for!!!
So onto what has really sparked me into breaking out into a rant....the shepards and their sheep who had their 15 minute tantrum on Saturday. Really what an utter embarrasment. from reading this forum from the first point of the great brainstorming idea where it seemed the idea would lead to half the ground emptying to what resulted into the rightly stated minoirty who had their little tantrum over a perosnal vendetta. Now we all know we are frustrated with the league position and what will ultimately be back to back relagations but seriously grow up! Their is so much worse places to be in both in terms of footballing and non footballing life, the club is not going bust, lets not use the word thriving as that would spark to much ammusement, but one thing for sure this club has a good future ahead of it as a football club. Yes we are going to have to go through the pain barrier of having to climb back up the leagues to get back to the National league where we all want to be but we can have some fun doing so and we can look back on this in a few years time and remember the cold wet wintery nights at some poxy little ground because thats what being a non league supporter is all about, or thats what i remember. Sure the nice grounds and big crowds we have visited in recent years from the ex league teams have been enjoyable but we appreciate these places more because of the other end of the spectrum we have gone to.
Stability for both club (whole club) and team (first team) is crucial and Buzz and Robbie are also clearly working hard to stabilise the team, by their own admition the football isn't always great at the moment but good footballing teams have confidence flowing through them, our confidence went after 20 minutes at home to Fylde and has never returned. But there are signs that we can finsih the season with a few more points on the board and maybe even get of the bottom which if we are being realistic is a tiny mini goal (as sad as that is). So time for all to take this on the chin and get on with it adn look forward to the future, our Chairman has led us to promotion in the past so why can this not be achieved again.
2 more points to make.....twitter boys.....you have done some really good work for the social media over recent months but try going into work tomorrow and publically insulting and abusing your boss and see if there are any consequences! By holding the role of the Official club twitter account you became a representative of the club, your entitled to your opinions but when your publically display it became an issue, im surprised people are so naive to see the problem.
Finally to anyone who is reading the forum on a day by day basis and building opinons based on it because they are exciles or unable to attend games please be very careful to judge. Here is one example that i have read which i witnessed myself and see a complete opposite, and it was the comment made about Stacey Rowley being present at the turnstile gate when the few headed off for free food on Saturday. I was at the said turnstile at 2.20pm and guess who was there...Stacey as the mentioned turnstile was the one that was being used for the schools initiative and as manager of the community and the school initative being a community event she was the one on the turnstile.....absolutley nothing to do with anything else!
So there i have finally had my say....i'll await the insults!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Here we go.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:19:01 PM »

A lovely 'balanced' version of things there, which will do absolutely nothing to bring our divided fanbase together. Great.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »

That's a couple of minutes of my life I won't get back

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:31:12 PM »

That's a couple of minutes of my life I won't get back

In fairness, you can't get any minutes of your life back, but I get your point...lol
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »

Jesus! I had to prop my eyelids open with matchsticks to read that!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:33:28 PM »

Forum ranter as you can see, nobody has actual thrown insults your way, but you chose to use inflammatory language in your self proclaimed rant. I wonder just who it is that needs to 'grow up'.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AT

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »

Can you use some paragraphs, it may help people in being able to change a rant into different points whether constructive or not.

" the chairman was to leave it would be more than a new chairman that is required so much so i wonder if the club would even be able to forfill their fixtures as it takes more than 11 players to be able to take part in matches, worth some people considering what they wish for!!!"

So where does this information come from? I thought the clubs Financial figures were in the public for all to see? - I think everyone can see that is a questionable at best claim.

Actually a lot of this is nothing more than an opinion piece with sweeping statements and potentially quite a bit that has gone over your head in regards to the "minority" - Which by the way is a monkier which originates from the powers that be.

This isn't even six of one and half a dozen of the other.. At least many people have well thought out arguments which aren't just "Oh I'm saying this for a reaction"..

It's time to take off the Rose tinted glasses, the current chairman has been involved since the "Dark scary Berman Days"  and the current behaviour is close enough to a despot clinging for power..

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »

Did you type that on a potato?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 09:55:36 PM »

1. It was Neil Tolson rather than Young that was the disastrous appointment

2.. how on earth did we ever field a team in the 100 years before Grahame became chairman

3. If people's contribution to the club is so much so for the chairman that they'd leave if he left then they can go now frankly. Do it for the club, not whoever the chairman is. This gets said by lots worse regimes than ours.

4. Why would anyone have a personal vendetta against Grahame Rowley? I think you're confusing personal feelings with dissatisfaction at the running of the club. See point 3.

But fair play if that's your opinion, just let me know when you think things will be so bad to be able to raise a voice of dissent.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »

Having just managed to read the "rant" I thank you for your impassioned input.

There are, however, a couple of inaccuracies within your rant, so lets have look at them.

Firstly, the only time one person has said coward was back in December. A single utterance. So not "some", just one. If you dont believe me, use the search function on the forum.

In regards to management, the first ill-fated mistake was appointing Tolson, which nailed relegation. Neil Young was a collective mistake of the whole board and has been accepted as such. What looked good on paper, had already been warned against by fellow supporters at Chester and Stockport. I do feel, if we had someone managed to stay up in the Conference National, Young would never had been given the job. Young was available when we went for Tolson. Harvey should have worked out better, but even he was unable to get anything out of the dross we have ended up with this season.

In which extreme circumstances have Rowley and his family stuck by this football club? We are financially sound, volunteer driven. Clearly, if Rowley was not at the club, someone else would step into the role(s) that he and his family currently hold. No one is bigger than the football club.

I would expect the Chairman to be present at meetings and organising, this is his job. No one has actually criticised Mr Rowley for his effort or passion, quite the opposite actually. Even throughout this whole sorry mess, most have praised Mr Rowley and his family for their extensive work. Just because someone works hard and has his heart in the right place doesn't make them the right person for the job. A key lesson of business and people management.

Even if Mr Rowley left, we still have a board (unless they quit). We would also have players and a manager contracted to the club, so your point regarding fulfilling fixtures can only be looked at as scaremongering and is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I am saddened that these fractures within the support have appeared. It is a sad day when a notable amount of supporters pack up and end up leaving.

Yes it is embarrassing that we are at a situation where many long time Altrincham supporters are upset with the performance both on and off the pitch. This season has been disgraceful. Yet, I would not say this is a personal vendetta against Mr Rowley.
This is supporters having ambition that we should and could do better with an alternative Chairman who would hopefully give better guidance and bring the skills and experience so desperately needed. Any football club suffering successive relegations need to ask deep and difficult questions. More so when the football club is on perfect and solid financial platform, having recently increased its off-pitch revenues and had a cash injection of selling a player to a premier league team.

Many of us remember the cold and horrible trips to Frickley & Blyth. I remember being part of the 478 standing on the terrace on December evening playing Vauxhall Motors. Some people may accept that we are going to ply our trade in the Evostick Premier and be happy about it. Which Man City supporter was happy about playing in League One?

Saying that our confidence went in the fourth game and never returned is a real damnation of our season. It also doesnt take into the account the 8 new players Buzz has brought in. Having won 2, drawn 4 and lost 9, the jury is still out on whether they should be in charge for next season. So 10 points from 15 matches.  Are you seriously happy with that return?

What happens if we dont get promoted next season? Would it not be better to have a fresh start now, to get the whole club organised into a solid unified unit for our assault on the Evostick Premier?

In regards to the twitter boys. They have not done anything wrong. At the most, this should just have been a private conversation between the Director who looks after PR, Chairman and the lads. It is another PR catastrophe that Mr Rowley has a history of doing. The tweet, was innocuous and didnt even state what the protest was about (unlike the matchday updates).

It is well known that Stacey Rowley works extensively within the community part. Any person, steward, turnstile operator or injured player could have counted the supporters leaving.

Of course, there is no mention of the Chairman's rant at supporters at Braintree, which for me was the straw that broke the camel's back. Nor the comments made about supporters to the NLP, the lacklustre strategic review, the reluctance to accept blame and now the alienating of long time loyal Altrincham supporters.

I am, sadly, in the belief that we should and could have been in a better position. The blame for the last 28 months ends at the Chairman. Mr Rowley's inability to communicate effectively is his downfall.

For me, who has seen Alty through the Maunders, Berman, Goodwin and Rowley era's, I have not witnessed anything like this before. We have had our challenges, which historically have brought the fanbase together. Sadly that is not the case now.

A truly sad time in our once proud history.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 11:39:02 PM »

Thriving
ParkINson's red and white army

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 01:18:31 AM »

Happy clapper, Rowley family member, doesn't matter, still  thriving

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:22:07 AM »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »

First the Chairman.......Thank you!

What the..!?

the mistake that was the appointment of Neil Young, a mistake that everyone appears to agree on including the chairman

Does everyone forget that after Young left, in the match programme Rowley said this ---> "I would like to put on record my personal thanks to Neil Young for the way he dealt with the situation. I do not regret employing Neil-he was the best candidate available when we advertised the job and he worked tremendously hard to make things work. Unfortunately things transpired against him with injuries and players not performing to expectations and thus,with dignity,he resigned his post. If,as I was informed that comments on Social Media,to him and his family,were a contributory factor then I think the people involved should hold their heads in shame."

If Young hadn't resigned, Rowley would NOT have sacked him. He agreed with Young's methods of a continuing rotation of crap, Sunday League players, hoping that, eventually, some would come good.

..  if the chairman was to leave it would be more than a new chairman that is required so much so i wonder if the club would even be able to forfill their fixtures as it takes more than 11 players to be able to take part in matches, worth some people considering what they wish for!!!

LOL and what the hell? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Yes we are going to have to go through the pain barrier of having to climb back up the leagues to get back to the National league where we all want to be but we can have some fun doing so

When we relegated last year, I bet many of us thought the same, that after always been in a relegation struggle, we'd finally get to score some more goals and win some games and be more competitive for a change...

our Chairman has led us to promotion in the past so why can this not be achieved again.

If the chairman is the reason we were promoted, why is he not to blame for 2 relegations?

twitter boys.....you have done some really good work for the social media over recent months but try going into work tomorrow and publically insulting and abusing your boss and see if there are any consequences!

Prove it. Do you actually use Twitter? If so, you would know there has been no abuse whatsoever. There was one single tweet quoting something John Laidler said on the official website (basically that some fans have left the ground). Why hasn't Laidler been sanctioned?

Finally, have you ever heard of line breaks and spelling?

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »

CB, you are absolutely spot on.

If we are only giving the chairman credit for promotions we therefore should accept that he should therefore take responsibility for relegations. We are talking of more than 2 of those under his stewardship after this seasons debacle, however. That makes his promotion to relegation ratio minus 1 in my book.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Here we go.....