Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twittergate but certainly not Mugabegate.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Twittergate but certainly not Mugabegate.  (Read 4835 times)

Spring

« on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »

I cannot begin to believe that it was the Chairman that took the decision to muffle Altrincham F C's twitter account, as this would have been the worst example of bad judgement and leadership that was possible in the circumstances. Yes there was a peaceful and democratic protest by about 24 people walking out of a match after paying their entrance fees but all he and the Board needed to do was respect their views and do nothing. The protest would have petered out and anybody with any judgement at all would have recognised this. Our Chairman wouldn't be that stupid, so no false accusations until the facts are clear.

To have stifled free speech, to regard those that walked out as a major problem would not be the act of a considered Chairman, like I believe Graham Rowley to be but more akin to a Mugabe like figure who wishes to cling to power at any cost. That clearly is not our Chairman. He has only the interests of Altrincham F C at heart and puts those far above his personal ego at being Chairman and any people that believe all he is interested in is keeping power at any cost , clearly are revolutionary fools.

Our chairman has a record to be proud of and has just been slightly unlucky with a number of football appointments. Yes we have slipped to be called the most unsuccessful team in England under his leadership but this is clearly nothing to do with him or his judgement. It was clearly a Board decision and to be told in the Strategic Review that the board is not working properly again has little to do with the calibre of our Chairman and is probably more a reflection on the calibre of the board itself. Several decided to resign which shows to me they recognised their talents were being overshadowed and that they were surplus to requirements, They did the honourable thing and resigned knowing everything was in good order.

So true fans of the club please do the decent thing support our chairman first, then support the football club and at all times do not utter any criticism of either, as this does no good and could be seen as an offence. All this criticism of our Chairman has to stop, right now and  please understand the muffling of the twitter account had nothing to do with either free speech or our Chairman.

bighairedmike

Re: Twittergate but certainly not Mugabegate.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »

I cannot begin to believe that it was the Chairman that took the decision to muffle Altrincham F C's twitter account, as this would have been the worst example of bad judgement and leadership that was possible in the circumstances. Yes there was a peaceful and democratic protest by about 24 people walking out of a match after paying their entrance fees but all he and the Board needed to do was respect their views and do nothing. The protest would have petered out and anybody with any judgement at all would have recognised this. Our Chairman wouldn't be that stupid, so no false accusations until the facts are clear.

To have stifled free speech, to regard those that walked out as a major problem would not be the act of a considered Chairman, like I believe Graham Rowley to be but more akin to a Mugabe like figure who wishes to cling to power at any cost. That clearly is not our Chairman. He has only the interests of Altrincham F C at heart and puts those far above his personal ego at being Chairman and any people that believe all he is interested in is keeping power at any cost , clearly are revolutionary fools.

Our chairman has a record to be proud of and has just been slightly unlucky with a number of football appointments. Yes we have slipped to be called the most unsuccessful team in England under his leadership but this is clearly nothing to do with him or his judgement. It was clearly a Board decision and to be told in the Strategic Review that the board is not working properly again has little to do with the calibre of our Chairman and is probably more a reflection on the calibre of the board itself. Several decided to resign which shows to me they recognised their talents were being overshadowed and that they were surplus to requirements, They did the honourable thing and resigned knowing everything was in good order.

So true fans of the club please do the decent thing support our chairman first, then support the football club and at all times do not utter any criticism of either, as this does no good and could be seen as an offence. All this criticism of our Chairman has to stop, right now and  please understand the muffling of the twitter account had nothing to do with either free speech or our Chairman.

And you know all of this for a fact, sat in your ivory tower 200+ miles away?

This whole post is laughable. Truly, it is.

AT

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »

Surely true fans support the FOOTBALL CLUB first and not whomever is at the top, this goes with anything in life...

I am waiting for the actual cause of the password change and whomever it is has stifled a successful social media channel regardless of the circumstances.

Some people probably do support Mugabe and you will always get people who support the status quo.

Also you cannot say who is a TRUE FAN or not I find that incredibly patronising to see that me putting my FOOTBALL CLUB first is not what a true fan does.

Alas, everyone is entitled to an opinion as are you.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »

Unless I've completely misread this, I believe Spring had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek when writing this.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Spring

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »

Thank you Uncle Globnasty.

Nevertheless I promise this is my last ever post on the site as clearly George Heslops Whiskers objects to anyone giving a view that is not living in the immediate vicinity, irrespective  of the fact that they have supported the Robins since prior to Noel White and Peter Swales.

I am saddened what is going on and shocked at the Twitter incident.

Quite....without tongue in cheek......I can't believe the Club will not put out a statement clarifying what happened and who made the decision and why.

But as promised this is my last e mail and please expunge me from the list......and au revoir to Mr Heslops Handlebar from places where supporters should not live.......hope you get a new brush handle soon.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

Thank you Uncle Globnasty.

Nevertheless I promise this is my last ever post on the site as clearly George Heslops Whiskers objects to anyone giving a view that is not living in the immediate vicinity, irrespective  of the fact that they have supported the Robins since prior to Noel White and Peter Swales.

I am saddened what is going on and shocked at the Twitter incident.

Quite....without tongue in cheek......I can't believe the Club will not put out a statement clarifying what happened and who made the decision and why.

But as promised this is my last e mail and please expunge me from the list......and au revoir to Mr Heslops Handlebar from places where supporters should not live.......hope you get a new brush handle soon.

Don't feel the need to stop posting on my behalf. I see that I misunderstood the original post. With so many people actually believing that there is nothing wrong, and a lot of new posters giving bizarre opinions based on hearsay and nonsense, it's becoming difficult to detect sarcasm on here.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Its a no win

If it was or wasnt the chairman then a statement should have been issued.

Ridiculous post im afraid....the chairman should go..the longer he stays the more we will divide

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »

Must be a troll to tell us to support a chairman who has overseen 2 relegations in a row while insulting and alienating the fanbase.

I urgr you to do the right thing and retract your statement sir!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 01:47:45 PM »

Must be a troll to tell us to support a chairman who has overseen 2 relegations in a row while insulting and alienating the fanbase.

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread.
Spring must learn to understand that irony must be used sparingly on this forum. Thank God I'm not the only one to recognise it when I see it.

Spring

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

I do need to reply and I thank George's moustache for being generous enough to enable it.

I know I am nor anywhere the league of Jonathan Swift but clearly apart from dear Uncle Globnasty and Phil Jordan, the age of satire is truly dead in Altrincham and obviously Provate Eye is a thing of the distant past.

What I was trying and admittedly failing to say is that if the Chairman was the person who made the decision to stop the twitter account it is a monumental error of judgement and one that could actually help to bring about his demise. If he had done nothing all  would have petered out but by denying free speech he is showing classic signs of what in leadership terms is called the hubris syndrome. Mr Mugabe suffers from this and so many people think did Mrs Thatcher in her latter years. If in doubt look up the HUBRIS syndrome.....it is when a leader gets wedded to the trappings of office and begins to believe that criticism is totally unjust and therefore begins to act irrationally. Another symptom Is to surround themselves with vegetables who always say yes and to dispense with strength by making their position untenable.....Andrew Shaw? The only problem is that those with the hubris syndrome never resign because they believe in their own excellence and the people that surround them are usually so weak and ineffectual snot to confront their leader.

So what should happen is that the person who made the twitter decision should be brought to account by the Chairman or if it were the Chairman, by the board but do we see either situation happening in our current perilous state........no !

One final point do please stop criticising the Community Hall project which is a great success from where I stand in my satirical ivory tower 200 miles away grieving about the Robins.   Oh and I promise no more satire and probably no more e mails,

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »

I do need to reply and I thank George's moustache for being generous enough to enable it.

I know I am nor anywhere the league of Jonathan Swift but clearly apart from dear Uncle Globnasty and Phil Jordan, the age of satire is truly dead in Altrincham and obviously Provate Eye is a thing of the distant past.

What I was trying and admittedly failing to say is that if the Chairman was the person who made the decision to stop the twitter account it is a monumental error of judgement and one that could actually help to bring about his demise. If he had done nothing all  would have petered out but by denying free speech he is showing classic signs of what in leadership terms is called the hubris syndrome. Mr Mugabe suffers from this and so many people think did Mrs Thatcher in her latter years. If in doubt look up the HUBRIS syndrome.....it is when a leader gets wedded to the trappings of office and begins to believe that criticism is totally unjust and therefore begins to act irrationally. Another symptom Is to surround themselves with vegetables who always say yes and to dispense with strength by making their position untenable.....Andrew Shaw? The only problem is that those with the hubris syndrome never resign because they believe in their own excellence and the people that surround them are usually so weak and ineffectual snot to confront their leader.

So what should happen is that the person who made the twitter decision should be brought to account by the Chairman or if it were the Chairman, by the board but do we see either situation happening in our current perilous state........no !

One final point do please stop criticising the Community Hall project which is a great success from where I stand in my satirical ivory tower 200 miles away grieving about the Robins.   Oh and I promise no more satire and probably no more e mails,

All very fair. Although I don't think I've seen anybody actually bemoan the CSH itself, just that it's introduction at this time was seen as more important than making sure he footballing side of things were looked after.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »

Indeed, and although Thatcher appeared on the steps after her win in an internal vote in 1990, she was advised by her friends that it was in the party's interest that she should really stand down.  I think there might be a hint there.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »

when irony meets irony and neither understands  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm convinced.....forward with Rowley!! I urge fans to unite and join me and spring

Spring

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:31 PM »

Now Jezza that is true satire......especially the forward with Rowley bit.

Having seen the programme notes I see the Chairman is in a delusional bubble........he thinks he is the man to lead the football club and clearly adores the trappings and power of the role.........he has got rid of all opposition on the board and nobody there will question him or question who muffled the twitter account........and that is not satire. He has the club and the supporters In his total control and nobody can do a thing.

I used to remember when we were a strong happpy club under a proper leader ........hey ho.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team