PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins Review: Tuesday, 21st March 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Robins Review: Tuesday, 21st March 2017  (Read 14340 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Robins Review: Tuesday, 21st March 2017
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:32 AM »

He wants to stay as chairman, the protesters want him to resign. How do you find common ground between that?

And it isn't just about the 29. There are hundreds of people staying away.  People I know who are adamant they won't return until Mr Rowley steps down. Then you have those who keep coming but wonder why they bother.

None of the above have faith in Mr Rowley's ability to lead this club forward and repair the damage of the last 12 months. It is a lot more than 29 people.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »

He wants to stay as chairman, the protesters want him to resign. How do you find common ground between that?

And it isn't just about the 29. There are hundreds of people staying away.  People I know who are adamant they won't return until Mr Rowley steps down. Then you have those who keep coming but wonder why they bother.

None of the above have faith in Mr Rowley's ability to lead this club forward and repair the damage of the last 12 months. It is a lot more than 29 people.

I am one of these people and promised myself that I wouldn't be one who boycotts the games. However, having yet again done a 140 mile round trip, after working all day yesterday, to watch last night's performance I am sat here this morning seriously rethinking my stance.

Last night was utter garbage and I'm afraid to say that the players on the pitch would not trouble the top teams in the Evo Stick, and that is embarrassing.

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »

The walkout was completed necessary,if you just boycott games the statement that makes to some is that you simply don't want to watch a poor side unlike the walkout which made a obvious statement about the chairman

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »

The walkout was completed necessary,if you just boycott games the statement that makes to some is that you simply don't want to watch a poor side unlike the walkout which made a obvious statement about the chairman

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but what I am saying is that I'm royally p*ssed off with turning up week in week out to watch that sh*te.

Whether that's because of the chairman, board, management team, players or whatever I'm not sure.

I'm just p*ssed off.

York Alty is back

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »

I am one of these people and promised myself that I wouldn't be one who boycotts the games. However, having yet again done a 140 mile round trip, after working all day yesterday, to watch last night's performance I am sat here this morning seriously rethinking my stance.

Last night was utter garbage and I'm afraid to say that the players on the pitch would not trouble the top teams in the Evo Stick, and that is embarrassing.

The players need to read your note here and have a long hard think about themselves.

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »

Fair point Stan

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »

I was boycotting, but turned up to show support for the players and the protest on Saturday. Jimmy is right, staying away is not the answer - in a sense it is letting the chairman off the hook. I applauded the protesters on Saturday, but next time my family and I will join them. This situation has to end.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »

So who's going to meet the board?
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 09:59:08 AM »

Glyn the fans met the board and had the mic took of them when they asked an awkward question

JMF

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »

Why would any supporter want to sit down with the chairman. He had a chance to have open and honest discussion on the radio last week. If he thinks 29 people are the only supporters that have had enough then fine. The unreturned season ticket renewals will tell the story.

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:23 AM »

Glyn the fans met the board and had the mic took of them when they asked an awkward question
In fairness Jimmy, that wasn't the right forum. I don't believe any meeting will achieve anything though. This chairman will only realise how much trouble he's in when season ticket sales collapse. If there is another demo I'll be there though I'm not convinced it can achieve much either.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »

In fairness Jimmy, that wasn't the right forum. I don't believe any meeting will achieve anything though. This chairman will only realise how much trouble he's in when season ticket sales collapse. If there is another demo I'll be there though I'm not convinced it can achieve much either.

Whatever the forum/meeting Mr Rowley will continue to duck any awkward questions because he too stubborn to admit anything is wrong. His head's that far up his own arse it untrue!!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »

Sadly you may be right . The walk out was a great way to protest but it's been done now . The only other big way to prove a point now will be financially.  IE boycotting a game or boycotting season tickets as it hurts finance
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »

I don't think the chairman should resign but this issue does need sorting.

I think you need to turn up to a meeting en masse. One side has to convince the other that they are wrong. You left with dignity on Saturday. You need to turn up, control your anger and get your argument across. Same for the board.

It's either that or find a new club to support. 

bighairedmike

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »

I don't think the chairman should resign but this issue does need sorting.

I think you need to turn up to a meeting en masse. One side has to convince the other that they are wrong. You left with dignity on Saturday. You need to turn up, control your anger and get your argument across. Same for the board.

It's either that or find a new club to support. 

The Chairman has declined to have a reasoned debate either at the Strategic Review, or when he was invited into the Non-League Show podcast. He is terrified of a one-to-one debate with the fans. We saw at the Strategic Review that he is a weak speaker, who mumbled his way through excuses and pointed the finger at all but himself. A face to face discussion is not an option whilst he is being so arrogant as to believe he is not the cause of this mess.

I find your "find a new club" statement insulting. We have been led to these protests because we love this club so much and want what is best for it. Not for a hidden agenda. Telling me to find a new club to support is like telling me to grow another head. With the best will in the world, I couldn't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins Review: Tuesday, 21st March 2017