PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its far from 28 or 29 people.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Its far from 28 or 29 people.....  (Read 9142 times)

CFCALTY

« on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »

I have never posted on here before but have read this forum avidly for many years. The thing that makes me shake my head is this assumption that its 28 people. I am 45 and have been taking my 2 lads with other friends and their kids for years - probably 8-10 people every week. The simple fact of the matter is that the kids don't want to go anymore because we never win. No other reason - call them fickle if you like. I know of loads of other families in the same boat, families who are totally fed up with it but wouldn't dream of paying the guts of £40 - £50 to make any form of protest. Our protest is a very quiet one that won't make any headlines. We simply don't go anymore as we can't be bothered paying good money to see a really bad football team get turned over for fun.

Its not value for money. Its not entertainment. Its not enjoyable.

My point is that it used to be all of these things and we loved it every week.

There are so many people staying away that aren't making a fuss, aren't calling for anyone's head, aren't walking out..... they just don't go anymore.

The Chairman can talk about 28 / 29 people all he wants but its much, much more than that...

taxi Phil

Re: Its far from 28 or 29 people.....
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »

Good commonsense post. As I observed to somebody else this morning, it's only like going to your favourite restaurant every week. If you suddenly get served a few bad meals, you'll spend your money elsewhere.

I agree totally with the demo, and the guys who did it have been watching the team home and away for years. You use the word "fickle". It's only partly true. It's the young spectators the club has to sell itself to, because they're the hard core support of the future. Youngsters have more distractions these days than I did 60 years ago (we didnt even have a telly !) They won't waste their time on a poor product when they could do better, more rewarding stuff instead.

It's time the club realised that supporters are CUSTOMERS and made sure that the product they offer is enjoyable.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:31:29 AM by Romeo 48 »

AltySi

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

I have never posted on here before but have read this forum avidly for many years. The thing that makes me shake my head is this assumption that its 28 people. I am 45 and have been taking my 2 lads with other friends and their kids for years - probably 8-10 people every week. The simple fact of the matter is that the kids don't want to go anymore because we never win. No other reason - call them fickle if you like. I know of loads of other families in the same boat, families who are totally fed up with it but wouldn't dream of paying the guts of £40 - £50 to make any form of protest. Our protest is a very quiet one that won't make any headlines. We simply don't go anymore as we can't be bothered paying good money to see a really bad football team get turned over for fun.

There are so many people staying away that aren't making a fuss, aren't calling for anyone's head, aren't walking out..... they just don't go anymore.

The Chairman can talk about 28 / 29 people all he wants but its much, much more than that...

Totally agree, I'm not going at the moment, I haven't been since the Matlock game.
I don't enjoy it anymore, it has become a chore, and I feel no motivation to get myself to games, particularly on a Tuesday night when I've been at work all day.

I feel like I would just be wasting money, which I can use for other things, which these days are more of a priority in my life.

I have said before, that I won't be returning until the Chairman steps down, and there are big changes at the club.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »

CFC Alty, have you tried posting your comments to the club? My boy has said much the same thing as your lads - he's sick of seeing us lose all the time.

CFCALTY

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »

Brian, I haven't as having watched and listened to the events of the season, I feel that it wouldn't do any good whatsoever.

I watched the 5 year review meeting on face book with bemusement. I watched and read the response to the walk out with disbelief. The less said about the child-like response to the twitter episode the better. It reminded me of telling my kids off in Tesco or banning them from the PS4.

I just wonder how far south the powers that be are prepared to let the club slide before some form of action is taken.....

Surely we are close to the edge of the cliff???

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »

We're already over the edge and hanging on by our fingernails.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »

In full agreement. Been going regularly for 20 years but not gone this year and my 2 sons likewise. Alty are a joke at present but its no joke handing £14 over to watch dross when the board continues to stick their heads in the sand and tries to solve the problem with a frankly pathetic review!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »

Don't worry, all is fine - GR works long hours, cleans the bogs and works behind the bar. What more can you ask for?

The talk of younger supporters is very relevant. It seems noticeable recently that there are fewer younger supporters at home games - if we can't hang on to them then god knows what the future holds.
My lad's persevering with it for the moment, but I think only because his mates go.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:38:47 PM by MadFrankie »
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:37 PM »

My 14yr old lad used to come and was even going to take over as Rocky Robin. He'd now rather do anything but watch Alty because he can't be arsed with his mates taking the piss because the club's a joke(his words not mine). I'll probably attend a few away games next season to catch up with the lads and have a good laugh but I won't be bothering with Moss Lane until Mr Rowley steps down,unfortunately I think it could be some time!

CFCALTY

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »

Don't worry, all is fine - GR works long hours, cleans the bogs and works behind the bar. What more can you ask for?

The talk of younger supporters is very relevant. It seems noticeable recently that there are fewer younger supporters at home games - if we can't hang on to them then god knows what the future holds.
My lad's persevering with it for the moment, but I think only because his mates go.

There used to be a load of my lads' friends went (13-15). None of them go now...

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »

My lad used to come regularly too but said he can't justify the time to watch match after match where we lose and have no will to do anything else.

No way I'm renewing my season ticket without change at the top.

JMF

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »

The first post on this thread is totally correct. Many people I have spoken to will not be taking up the renewal of a season ticket. Maybe that is when the penny will drop.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »

If you want it in black and white, 78 forum members voted in favour of some form of resignation almost a month ago.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=22285.0

Perhaps a second poll would be worthwhile to indicate any change in opinion following recent events?

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »

If you want it in black and white, 78 forum members voted in favour of some form of resignation almost a month ago.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=22285.0

Perhaps a second poll would be worthwhile to indicate any change in opinion following recent events?
Aye, go on then ! Just a straight "chairman or not" question without added complications please !

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 02:41:16 PM »

The first post on this thread is totally correct. Many people I have spoken to will not be taking up the renewal of a season ticket. Maybe that is when the penny will drop.
Agree with your point, but unfortunately that will be too late as it will be too close to the start of the first season in the glue league.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team