PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread BPA away
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Match Thread BPA away  (Read 19320 times)

York Alty is back

Match Thread BPA away
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »

My last game of the season, unless the club are stupid enough to run a player of the year competition in which case I will go and make my opinion heard.

Tomlinson in goal, one all draw.

Otherwise three nil defeat.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:49:48 AM by York Alty wants Chairman Row Lee Out. »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread BPA away
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »

Another team who are much bigger than us, who we can't possibly hope to compete with. Lose to nil.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »

Another potentially winnable game that we'll contrive to lose.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »

BPA 5/6
draw 3/1
Alty 11/4

Done an excellent job turning bpa around them two. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as I'm sure they'd have done the same here. No one would have foreseen Jim Harvey being so out of touch. They certainly wouldn't have had a centre back  pairing of Hobson and Hattersley lining up for us 

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »

I'm going
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

I'm Not.

Love matts comment from the other night. "It's a blip"" One way to describe it I suppose. Perhaps the whole season is a "blip"?

Not wasting my money on any away games.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »

BPA 5/6
draw 3/1
Alty 11/4

Done an excellent job turning bpa around them two. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as I'm sure they'd have done the same here. No one would have foreseen Jim Harvey being so out of touch. They certainly wouldn't have had a centre back  pairing of Hobson and Hattersley lining up for us  

And learning from mistakes is better. Once BPA's safety is confirmed, which will only be weeks away, their Board should be approached for permission to offer Messrs Bower and Boshell the reigns at Moss Lane. Acquiring this pair, with their proven record over a number of seasons, would be a clear sign of intent that Evostik football is not good enough for this club.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:56:06 AM by JTH »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »

And from mistakes is better. Once BPA's safety is confirmed, which will only be weeks away, their Board should be approached for permission to offer Messrs Bower and Boshell the reigns at Moss Lane. Acquiring this pair, with their proven record over a number of seasons, would be a clear sign of intent that Evostik football is not good enough for this club.
As always, I fully agree with you but could you see them wanting to drop a league and into the happy Moss Lane family? Surely they'd be looking upwards for a move?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »

And from mistakes is better. Once BPA's safety is confirmed, which will only be weeks away, their Board should be approached for permission to offer Messrs Bower and Boshell the reigns at Moss Lane. Acquiring this pair, with their proven record over a number of seasons, would be a clear sign of intent that Evostik football is not good enough for this club.
As always, I fully agree with you but could you see them wanting to drop a league and into the happy Moss Lane family? Surely they'd be looking upwards for a move?
Moving upwards would require a stronger profile than they've achieved so far.....but moving downwards would only appeal if they were 100% confident of immediate promotion, and were given the budget to back up their convictions.

They'd almost certainly do for us....but would we do for them ?

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 11:50:31 AM »

Moving upwards would require a stronger profile than they've achieved so far.....but moving downwards would only appeal if they were 100% confident of immediate promotion, and were given the budget to back up their convictions.

They'd almost certainly do for us....but would we do for them ?

That it should have come to this.

Chairman Row Lee, your position is untenable.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »

I never said anything about them accepting!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »

I suppose the most relevant aspect of today's match is the players response to yesterday's announcement. It's now clear that if they want Matt and Robbie to get the job then they are going to have to win a few more games for them, this hasn't been the situation this far.

It'll be a good incentive for them as lord knows the precariousness of the situation for the club hasn't galvanised them, they haven't played for the chairman (I thought a few of them might) and they're obviously not playing for contracts so we'll see if this does the trick.

A windy 1-1 draw.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 02:31:43 PM »

I understand what you are saying Ballers but I really don't think they are failing to put the effort in. Even when 3 - 1 down against Nuneaton on Tuesday night it was maximum attack. There's just one touch too many being taken or the ball arrives on the wrong foot or they get shut down. Can't fault the effort recently imho.

It will be interesting to see if it continues though.

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 04:34:57 PM »

Another wonderful afternoon.  Newby sent off, Brownhill injured, Owens and Reeves already substituted,  and Deasy again having Heathcote take his goal kicks. We're hanging on at 1-1 but it'll be a miracle if we hang on for a draw if I believe John Laidlar.....and I usually do.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »

Sure enough, 5 minutes later we trail 2-1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match Thread BPA away