PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mathematics
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mathematics  (Read 4781 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Mathematics
« on: March 26, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »

So, daring to glance at the league table, failure to win next Saturday means we are officially relegated? although it's been a done deal since alfreton away for me. Not sure I can stomach going to see us relegated at a club that shouldn't even be in the same dimension as us, but probably will. What happens now? How attractive is the managers job at Altrincham? I mean are managers at clubs like witton and Trafford who are doing exceptionally well going to be distracted from getting promotion to apply for a job here? Should we be drawing up a shortlist this early or leaving the application process open until the seasonal playoffs are concluded? This is a massive drop, far bigger than dropping from league two to the conference or from the conference to the conference north, it's a whole different game. I really think we need advice and guidance from people that know this level of football for this appointment. If the interim management team are seen as the best candidates then fair enough, but this must be an exhaustive process, we can't knee jerk it like was the case with Neil Young. I'd hope the management team of yesterday's opponents was offered some unofficial encouragement to apply for the job.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mathematics
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »

I am hoping when it's all confirmed that it will release a pressure valve and allow the club to reflect and fully focus for next season

It's got to be as hard for the players as it has been for the fans

I agree let's look at all possible options and make the right decision based on the process

Next season will need some adjustment  (I know a lot will disagree) then build and come back up stronger and wiser
ParkINson's red and white army

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »

Survival is still actually possible, looking at Gainsborough's remaining fixtures. 5 wins might suffice?? Big ask for sure, stranger things have happened.

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »

Gainsborough are irrelevant, even if we win all five, Worcester would stay up., Stalybridge and Gainsborough are the most likely to go down.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »

3rd bottom might be good enuf?? Rumours

York Alty is back

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

I am hoping when it's all confirmed that it will release a pressure valve and allow the club to reflect and fully focus for next season

I agree let's look at all possible options and make the right decision based on the process

Next season will need some adjustment  (I know a lot will disagree) then build and come back up stronger and wiser

The players don't give a monkeys as proven countless times throughout this shambolic season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:16:44 AM »

I can't see it happening but I really hope we can turn draws and narrow defeats into victories regardless to build confidence in the dressing room and on the terraces

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »

Worcester?

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »

So, daring to glance at the league table, failure to win next Saturday means we are officially relegated? although it's been a done deal since alfreton away for me. Not sure I can stomach going to see us relegated at a club that shouldn't even be in the same dimension as us, but probably will. What happens now? How attractive is the managers job at Altrincham? I mean are managers at clubs like witton and Trafford who are doing exceptionally well going to be distracted from getting promotion to apply for a job here? Should we be drawing up a shortlist this early or leaving the application process open until the seasonal playoffs are concluded? This is a massive drop, far bigger than dropping from league two to the conference or from the conference to the conference north, it's a whole different game. I really think we need advice and guidance from people that know this level of football for this appointment. If the interim management team are seen as the best candidates then fair enough, but this must be an exhaustive process, we can't knee jerk it like was the case with Neil Young. I'd hope the management team of yesterday's opponents was offered some unofficial encouragement to apply for the job.

I went to the Alfreton game, and said to my mate when we were leading that the damage to morale and the mental outlook of the players would be immense should we lose. We lost.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:53:51 AM by York Alty wants Chairman Row Lee Out. »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »

Worcester?

I assume Worcester are the most likely, to resign, but, even then I think that if a club plays on until the end of the season,  the reprieve is determined over the step as a whole, so we would have to overtake Gosport as well as Gainsborough, for example.
It is all academic, anyway, if course. I did hear from a neutral at yesterday's game who expected us to be fighting for every point and was amazed at how spineless we were, until injury time.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »

Next season will need some adjustment  (I know a lot will disagree) then build and come back up stronger and wiser

The players don't give a monkeys as proven countless times throughout this shambolic season.
even when I played Sunday leauge in whythenshawe the lads hurt if we lost . No one goes out thinking I don't care let's lose this

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

Survival is still actually possible, looking at Gainsborough's remaining fixtures. 5 wins might suffice?? Big ask for sure, stranger things have happened.

Where can I get some of what you're on?

York Alty is back

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 11:58:49 AM »

Next season will need some adjustment  (I know a lot will disagree) then build and come back up stronger and wiser

even when I played Sunday leauge in whythenshawe the lads hurt if we lost . No one goes out thinking I don't care let's lose this

Equally  there is no bollox on the team that says we're gonna win this, no fight to come from a goal down. No drive, no whatever it is that gets a team motivated.  Given the numbers of players we have had this season I'm not surprised there is no obvious team bond.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »

This is what worries me. Surely no decent manager is going to be daft enough to apply for the managers job at a relegated team in April?! If I was being cynical I'd say it's been done on purpose to aid Matt Doughty and Robbie Lawton's application.

York Alty is back

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »

Worcester?

We don't deserve a reprieve. I'd take one all day long as the fall into the Evo Stik is huge.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mathematics