PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 30468 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Social Media
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »

I would like to make a couple of points in addition to my original statement.

1.  The decision to change the password on the Twitter account was a Board decision - discussed and agreed by the Board.  As a board we have recognised that we have not necessarily acted as a collective in the past; and as part of our evolution we are trying to make sure we do going forward.  In this case, we did take a collective decision and increasingly we will do so in the future.

2. I put out the statement, and take accountability for the error because I am the Director with responsibility for communication.  No-one is hiding behind me, I am rather stepping up to meet my obligations.  Again as a board we have recognised that we each need to take individual accountability for the areas we look after.  What this will mean, to be clear, is that there will no longer be just one individual  - the Chairman - being held to account for what goes on at the club, we all will be.  Collectively accountable for the decisions we take together and individually accountable for those areas under our control.  In my opinion this is healthy change and will lead to a healthier club.

3. I have no objection to the board being criticised for mistakes we make, and be sure we will make mistakes from time to time.  But can we please stop the personal criticism of family members, specifically in this case the Rowley family.  I do not believe this has any place in a debate about rights and wrongs of this or any other issue.  Ad hominem commentary has no place in interactions between the board and the fans.  So please can we make every effort to cut this out.

As a board we are trying to change - and we need to in order to face up to and overcome the challenges facing the club.  Please recognise our positive intentions.  We have a big job ahead of us.  And lets keep the criticism directed firmly where it belongs if we do not deliver change - at the board, at each and every one of us but not elsewhere.  

The fact that the Twitter password was changed after about 25 minutes of the game strongly suggests it was an impulsive decision made in the moment by one individual, presumably GR, and without thought to the social media coverage of the rest of the match. If it had been a board decision, presumably it would all have happened pre-match?

I appreciate you trying to explain. But you shouldn't ask people to stop criticising the chairman specifically because many fans believe him to be the specific source of the profound malaise affecting our club. At some point you're going to have to decide whose side you're on.

Well said that man. Sums up my feelings exactly but put a lot better than I would've done!

Spring

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2017, 10:36:05 AM »

Twittergate still seems to be rumbling on and my attempt to summarise what I believed had happened and to help draw a line under events may actually have caused confusion, for which I apologise. Perhaps, in order to FINALLY draw a line under the whole thing we can get answers to the following from Management Guru, which will then mean we had had a definitive communication from the Board, which I am sure would be appreciated by everyone that has the best interest of the club at heart. I have tried to keep the questions related only to facts and not opinions and as requested by Management Guru, have assumed collective Board responsibility rather than a focus only on the Chairman.

1) When actually was the decision taken to change the password? Before, during or after the Stalybridge match?
2) Who took the decision at that time? The whole Board or some of the Board and were you as the Communications holder personally party to the decision at the time it was first taken?
3) Why was the decision taken and if  ‘precautionary’, what was it that was assumed might happen?
4) What was the actual event or the actual wording used that triggered the decision to change the password after 25 minutes of the match?
5) What discussions took place with the two volunteers either prior to or after the event and when did these take place? Were these discussions seen as ample by the Board?
6)  Did the Board see it as appropriate, that another volunteer who admitted to be was suffering from health problems and had no previous experience was drafted in as a replacement?
7) Do the Board value Twitter? Value Volunteers and Value open communication with supporters on issues such as this?
8) What future plans do the Board have for the Twitter account?
Let us hope that the open communication promised by the Board as part of the Strategic Review outcome is put into practice, so that FINALLY we can all move on from Twittergate and maybe some of the supporters that have decided to leave, may come back.
Full and frank answers to the above will be a good start in achieving more trust which can only be good for the club.

Malty G

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2017, 01:13:44 PM »

Bill, yours and the Board's accountability is an arrangement between yourselves. The fans are not party to it and are under no obligation to observe it. They are therefore free to hold to account anyone they feel is responsible for mistakes made. That being said,can you elaborate on which members of the board are responsible for which areas? Is the Chairman still accountable for his mistakes made before this arrangement? If so, can we expect him to apologise for them? I believe that you were in hospital on the day of the Staleybridge game, were you party to the decision to suspend twitter? If the decision was taken without your prior consent doesn't that make your position redundant as "the Board" can do as they please and ask you to carry the can.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »

Not sure where 25 minutes has come from. It was probably around the 58 minute mark. I was only locked out when placing the next update.

The board - Bill or any member - never offered us the opportunity to protest and return the next.

I take issue with the fact the board are making group decisions, is Grahame even chairman now?

It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »

The Directors provide governance for the club. The Chairman, coordinates their efforts and facilitates decision making.

It doesn't necessarily mean the club is run by committee but it doesn't mean there's a dictatorial tyrant in post either. We could sink to that situation if someone got their hands on 51% of the shares though.

It's having checks and balances in place that reduces the chances of ill advised decisions being made.

Just because someone holds a specific responsibility doesn't mean the world has to stop because they aren't around. 

Spring

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »

What was it the strategic review said about the board.....it lacked structure, was weak and divided .......I suppose this is an attempt to rectify a fairly self damning appraisal.

It also said it had to improve communication if I recall......interesting in light of a Twittergate.

Alex

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »

The Directors provide governance for the club. The Chairman, coordinates their efforts and facilitates decision making.

It doesn't necessarily mean the club is run by committee but it doesn't mean there's a dictatorial tyrant in post either. We could sink to that situation if someone got their hands on 51% of the shares though.

It's having checks and balances in place that reduces the chances of ill advised decisions being made.

Just because someone holds a specific responsibility doesn't mean the world has to stop because they aren't around. 

it's working really well too.....where is Shaw Lane Aqua force anyways?

taxi Phil

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »

Just Shaw Lane FC now. They play in front of 180 people at a leisure centre near Barnsley and ex Robin Kieran Lugsden is with them.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:11 PM »

Rome wasn't built in a day. New blood on the board, improvement in comms? It will take a bit of time.

The worst thing of all is one disastrous  appointment on the management front and you can pretty much right off the season. No magic wand when you've signed a load of substandard players.

Alex

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2017, 12:26:07 AM »

agreed, one disastrous appointment has caused a season worth writing off, and who is to be held accountable for that?

as that appointment happened before the review, what board room model was in practice when this appointment was made? was due diligence not done by someone in an area of responsibility for this on the board? (i.e. picking up the phone to stockport and asking for a reference).

this is not personally aimed at you mr cat, just so happens you write good jumping off points for the argument that something went disastrously wrong on the footballing side of the boards responsibilities (i amongst others would see this as the boards main priority, but accept that some fantastic community projects also need oversight to ensure continued growth of the club) and as of yet no one has been held to account for this.

Spring

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2017, 08:41:13 AM »

I get the impression from afar that Cheshire Cat's '  Rome wasn't built in a day' and by inference, ' time will be a healer,'isn't going to be enough. I also perceive that the Chairman has his tin hat on and is trying to keep his head down while Bill Waterson is taking a more prominent public role because he is seen as more acceptable to  the supporters.

What clearly is needed is something that will galvanise the club together, after the inevitable relegation as otherwise one could argue the splits will get worse and the fortunes of our great club deteriorate  even more. Already people are clearly voting with their feet.

The question is whether the supporters would rally behind Bill Waterson as chairman and take an 'all is forgotten stance ' and the club then show a semblance of togetherness before the end of the season which would be much needed if we are to work positively over the close season andimmediately bounce back as a united and we'll,supported club.

Could someone perhaps do a poll on this?

Jimmy

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »

I don't think bill wants to do it so the pool would be pointless Spring,at a guess I'd say 80% would be happy enough if he was.

Spring

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »

Jimmy
You make a good point that Bill, who I do not know, would have to be prepared to do the job, if only for an interim time and in an 'avuncular' capacity.

What is much needed is something that will get the club together before it is too late. 

Is this the general perception or do people believe that the club leadership can remain and time will indeed be the healer. .?

My perception is that things have gone too far and some gestures are needed .......either GR to take the view that he has to put the Club first and move over......and...or Bill being prepared to take the role for a 'healing' period in a way where the day to day work his spread and he takes the 'wise owl' role.

andrewflynn

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2017, 09:22:22 AM »

Just Shaw Lane FC now. They play in front of 180 people at a leisure centre near Barnsley and ex Robin Kieran Lugsden is with them.

And, during a bit of research for an upcoming "Where Are They Now?" feature on some of the dross we've had this season, I noticed they also have Simon Lenighan.

taxi Phil

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »

You might like to include Adam Griffin from last season. I can't find trace of him having played anywhere since Young released him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Social Media