PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy memories of Alty thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Happy memories of Alty thread  (Read 22415 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Happy memories of Alty thread
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 02:11:54 AM »

Oh Blimey far far too may to mention. I'm incredibly lucky to be one of that vintage to have started supporting the team in in the early 70s, so saw all those cup wins and went to Goodison, Anfield, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane etc. Of course that means I've seen some rough times too, like in 1995 with the formation of SAFE (I designed the logo and printed those t shirts) and so was at that Civil Service Club meeting that convinced John King to 'negotiate' with Mr Maunders that secured our future. I think my fondest memory was the Stoke play off victory, just 10 years after 'Ridgeway Road' when we were days from going under and a few months from when we were mid table in the Unibond playing in front of 450. We're facing some tough days ahead of us now, maybe the toughest, but we've got the right stuff to get through it. How's that for positive?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:41:06 AM by JTH »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 07:05:23 AM »

Good topic Wayne, a little reminder for many of what we are about.

In recent times, it's got to be Guiseley for the sheer drama, the fact we never ever do that and that 4,600 turned up out of the blue and we didn't let them down.  Both games against Hednesford were great as well.

James Lawries goal against Macc was wonderful as well.

Stoke playoff was great

I loved winning the league cup at Chestefield even though it was only the league cup, just seemed like a special night.

Going back further, the last minute winner against Southport that took us to Tottenham.

Every bit of the Tottenham 1995 day, from celebrating the draw in 42nd Street to seeing the lads run out on the pitch.

The 4-0 FA cup win against Macc in 1988 is one of my earliest memories - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32edBVC-7-g

The 3-0 win in 1990 against Macc in the FA Cup was special as well.

Beating the real Chester with the Freeman goal was a great night as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ffVMVmonY

For me though it has to be Altrincham 4  Barnet 1.  Erase what happened after that to marvel at Showler and the whole team, everything coming together at once and spanking Stan Flashmens men.  Still the greatest DVD of all time after The Shawshank Redemption.

I've missed loads as well...

The last minute winner against Southport.. that was an incredible moment by franny
Come on you red and white........

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 07:18:01 AM »

I was talking to Stuart Coburn about this the other day, and as odd as it seems, the 1-0 win over V*cs in the CSC final at Witton Albion in '99 really sparked something in a young 7 year old lad.You won't get 1000+ at a CSC final these days. That, and being told by Leroy Chambers on the pitch at Guiseley after we won the league that it was for me. That's what this club is about.

Obviously Nuneaton, Kettering and then Eastbourne at the Britannia was an amazing journey.

Colin Potts free kick in a 4-2 win away at Dagenham in a thunderstorm (he meant it).

The 5-0 home win against Cambridge when James Robinson absolutely lit up the pitch.

Millwall and THAT Senior goal (wonder what he's up to these days).

1-0 away at Wrexham against the odds.

Chris Senior chasing a lost cause and belly sliding about 30 yards in front of the home fans on the pop side with the biggest grin on his face,in a lightening storm that resulted in the players going off. (Kiddy at home).

Guiseley. Just wow.

Lawrie V Macc.

Barnsley. What a day.

Colchester. Watching Jake Moults audacious lob after 3 minutes sail into the top corner. Then nearly going on to win it in the 92nd and then going up the other end and scoring the winner in the 93rd. I was proud to be an Altrincham fan leaving that stadium.

This is what Altrincham is all about. This is my club and these are my memories. It's actually quite emotional wriing all of this, as I haven't been proud to be an Altrincham fan for over 18 months. Thanks for making me look back on the good times Alty.fc. To use the phrase of a well known forum poster... "We Will Overcome."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:23:32 AM by George Heslops Moustache »

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 07:35:44 AM »

It's got to be beating Barnet 4-1.

Didn't appreciate how good a team we were at the time until I watched the match recently on t'internet.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 08:01:29 AM »

Away at kettering on the run up to the playoffs.  Scenes in the away end. (and nasha falling over the perimeter fence at frickley of course)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »

Reevesy sauntering around Simon Cowell's twin brother on the dead ball line at Brackley and squeezing the goal home from a tight angle. Unfortunately it saddens me to remember just how sharp he USED to be.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 09:18:37 AM »

Wembley 1986 :)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 09:40:40 AM »

Wembley 1986 :)

so just how good is that picture then ??
Come on you red and white........

York Alty is back

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:50 AM »

As a lad I used to love the midweek away games to the likes of Enfield, Barnet and Wealdstone.  Always seemed to be loads of Alty and the team had the ability to match their swagger.

Vic's games.

Spurs.
Liverpool.
Blackpool.
Blackpool.
Sheff Utd.
Wembley.

Going to Tow Law.

A ref at Spennymoor who absolutely ruled the park with his size, mauled up face and arms the size of pylons. Happy Days.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:02:16 PM by York Alty wants Chairman Row Lee Out. »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

So many to mention, any derby win is a great feeling.

Beating Northwich after Col Little got sent off early. And the commentary on the video when we scored... 'One nil. Thats the equaliser!!!'

VofD

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »

Birmingham away in the FA Cup 1986.

York Alty is back

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »

Oh and shoving it right up Steve Claridge when he was Weymouth manager. Despite never having met him, that man gets right on my chuff. An absolute arse!

That was a great day.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »

Barnet 4-1 (1991)
Merthyr Tydfil 9-2 (1991)
Chester 2-0 (1992)
Winning 3-2 at Macc in the snow (1996)
Playoff final at Stoke (2005)

Also many fond memories from my late teens/early 20's of visiting Bernard in his office at the ground. Always such great times and remember having some really good laughs.
Come on Alty!

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »

Sheffield Utd at home was great as someone else has alluded to - wasn't backs against the wall that game, steam rollered them including a great long range goal from Graham Heathcote (I think)

Recent play off victories and play off semis also stick out - Val Owen goal at Kettering.

Home game with Orient in the FA Cup around 80/81 for the shear number of folk inside Moss Lane - must have been 7k+?

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »

Some of the oddest and funniest things have happened watching alty...................

Dagenham away , leaving a respected member of the firm on the m25 and he proving what a god like person he is getting to the match before the bus.

Yeovil away when kingy and heathcote had to come around to the away end and tell the fans to stop dicking around as they might abandon tha match and we were 2 up at the time (big vanvader swinging from the goalpost will always be stuck in my mind)

Preston away was odd but fun except for leaving the pub via the window

Bromsgrove away always was a great day out and upsetting the kidderminster party when we beat them when they won the league.

There are plenty of others these are just some of the more bizarre ones(not forgetting welwyn garden city fiasco)
FFS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Happy memories of Alty thread