PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Salford Match Thread  (Read 12783 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Salford Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »

I'm going - is anyone else?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 07:43:19 AM »

Down and Out. Today will be the lowest point in the clubs history.

But will it get lower?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 08:08:17 AM »

Going purely on the basis of it being near and I've not been before.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »

I drove to Torquay on my own on a Tuesday night at a similar stage in similar circumstances last season. I'll be brutally honest, I wouldn't go today if it was in my Kitchen. For a club of our standing to be relegated without a whimper with a month to spare from this absolutely woeful league is absolutely astounding. This could have been remedied months ago, it even wasn't lost in January. What the club needs going forward is clear hardnosed business clarity for the benefit of the football club that supersedes everything else, emotional or otherwise. Nothing is going to change our fate now. There will doubtless be recrimination, but what we need after the initial (and perfectly legitimate) out pouring of grief is a resolve that things must change, not just lip service and pats on the head. This must NEVER happen again

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 09:07:01 AM »

But I've a horrible feeling it'll STILL get worse before it either gets better, or - God forbid - we fold.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »

According to altrincham today gh has left the club

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »

But I've a horrible feeling it'll STILL get worse before it either gets better, or - God forbid - we fold.
Sadly that is probably true. Every week seems to bring about a new low and it's hard to see the process stopping.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »

Like Hughesy, I'm not going today. But largely I'm not going because I don't think I can trust myself to hold it in. We're going to get relegated in front of 2,000 people at Salford City to a league that we fought like cornered tigers to avoid because we knew how much it would kill the club. 2,000 at Salford City, showing how trendy non league football has become and what you can do with drive and ambition and investment, while I'm supppsed to be impressed by Grahame and 29 others doing a sponsored walk.

Well I'm not. Take a good look around there and resolve to go and market this club properly with the long term aim of getting in the football league to galvanise the club and the town. Not floating up and around the conference north with our heads down not saying boo to a goose. It doesn't work, spent a decade of my life helping this club so it would push on andcwe just won't. Don't say it can't be done or it's pie in the sky. It's only that way with the current wet soft mindset or within the framework of GR staying in charge. 4,500 people were interested enough to stick their heads in to see our play off final.

And even more than being frustrated, I'm ashamed, absolutely ashamed that we could let this happen and flabbergasted that people would continue this charade. But so ashamed, I'll not get over this even if we've won the evo stik by Xmas (we won't) and so angry that others don't feel that shame.

So no, after seeing us relegated against rushden Kiddy Aldershot Weymouth Eastbourne and the others, no I won't be there this time.

And are you f**k staying on as Chairman of my football club Grahame. Don't be ridiculous, the majority of the fan base have had enough. What you can do is start to make moves to find genuine interested parties, point out the good work you've done in the past and the potential we have in the future and get us moving again. Difficult I know, and heart breaking I dare say, but do the right thing

markecky2

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »

Like Hughesy, I'm not going today. But largely I'm not going because I don't think I can trust myself to hold it in. We're going to get relegated in front of 2,000 people at Salford City to a league that we fought like cornered tigers to avoid because we knew how much it would kill the club. 2,000 at Salford City, showing how trendy non league football has become and what you can do with drive and ambition and investment, while I'm supppsed to be impressed by Grahame and 29 others doing a sponsored walk.

Well I'm not. Take a good look around there and resolve to go and market this club properly with the long term aim of getting in the football league to galvanise the club and the town. Not floating up and around the conference north with our heads down not saying boo to a goose. It doesn't work, spent a decade of my life helping this club so it would push on andcwe just won't. Don't say it can't be done or it's pie in the sky. It's only that way with the current wet soft mindset or within the framework of GR staying in charge. 4,500 people were interested enough to stick their heads in to see our play off final.

And even more than being frustrated, I'm ashamed, absolutely ashamed that we could let this happen and flabbergasted that people would continue this charade. But so ashamed, I'll not get over this even if we've won the evo stik by Xmas (we won't) and so angry that others don't feel that shame.

So no, after seeing us relegated against rushden Kiddy Aldershot Weymouth Eastbourne and the others, no I won't be there this time.

And are you f**k staying on as Chairman of my football club Grahame. Don't be ridiculous, the majority of the fan base have had enough. What you can do is start to make moves to find genuine interested parties, point out the good work you've done in the past and the potential we have in the future and get us moving again. Difficult I know, and heart breaking I dare say, but do the right thing

Absolutely nailed it.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »

Great post.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 11:07:15 AM »

More expansive and correctly articulated than I managed, played mate spot on.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »

Oddly enough, despite the obvious lack of forwards, todays starting X1 ain't too bad.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2017, 03:51:15 PM »

Hannigan lasted 30 mins.

Wonder goal from Jones

0-1 ht
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »

Have many turned up for the wake?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »

Hannigan lasted 30 mins.

Wonder goal from Jones

0-1 ht

I do hope Hannigan terminates his contract by mutual consent in May.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread