PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Salford Match Thread  (Read 12644 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Salford Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »

2-1 now. Get Hahahhannigan out of the club.
He is starting to look like Young's second biggest cock up....at least Fabio wasn't on a two year contract though.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »

Should have had 3 pens.

Lost 2-1
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »

Should have had 3 pens.

Lost 2-1
Sounded unlucky but it would have been ultimately irrelevant anyway
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 05:04:13 PM »

Like Hughesy, I'm not going today. But largely I'm not going because I don't think I can trust myself to hold it in. We're going to get relegated in front of 2,000 people at Salford City to a league that we fought like cornered tigers to avoid because we knew how much it would kill the club. 2,000 at Salford City, showing how trendy non league football has become and what you can do with drive and ambition and investment, while I'm supppsed to be impressed by Grahame and 29 others doing a sponsored walk.

Well I'm not. Take a good look around there and resolve to go and market this club properly with the long term aim of getting in the football league to galvanise the club and the town. Not floating up and around the conference north with our heads down not saying boo to a goose. It doesn't work, spent a decade of my life helping this club so it would push on andcwe just won't. Don't say it can't be done or it's pie in the sky. It's only that way with the current wet soft mindset or within the framework of GR staying in charge. 4,500 people were interested enough to stick their heads in to see our play off final.

And even more than being frustrated, I'm ashamed, absolutely ashamed that we could let this happen and flabbergasted that people would continue this charade. But so ashamed, I'll not get over this even if we've won the evo stik by Xmas (we won't) and so angry that others don't feel that shame.

So no, after seeing us relegated against rushden Kiddy Aldershot Weymouth Eastbourne and the others, no I won't be there this time.

And are you f**k staying on as Chairman of my football club Grahame. Don't be ridiculous, the majority of the fan base have had enough. What you can do is start to make moves to find genuine interested parties, point out the good work you've done in the past and the potential we have in the future and get us moving again. Difficult I know, and heart breaking I dare say, but do the right thing

All correct.

Alty have been relegated, I wasn't there and more astonishing I don't care. Well I do care but I can't find the right adjective to describe it.

Maybe we should segregate the first game of the new season, with happy clappers in one end and the rest in the other. I really would like to see and believe who these folk are.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 06:12:44 PM »

I was there and was surprised to see we went down fighting. We certainly had decent claims for three penalties, but this doesn't hide, although no doubt some will try, that this was a deserved relegation on the field of play. No applause from me at the end of the game.

Very difficult to say how many away supporters were there, as there was no segregation nor chanting. There was an annoying home fan with a drum and a lot of people drinking beer, in some cases a lot of beer, on the terraces.

Excellent eloquent post earlier by Ballers.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »

I went for my last game of the season, as I figured there won't be many trips to Salford city in the future. Hannigan is a joke, Heathcote was awful when he came on and the Gary Jones goal celebrations were embarrassingly enthusiastic. Oh and we predictably lost again. I await the "we should have had four pens and the ref was rubbish" nonsense from Matt.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »

Have many turned up for the wake?
There were about 15 of us behind the goal, a bit too close to the drummer for my liking. Given all the development work going on there, there was no choice but to stand amongst the Salford fans. Looked like there were a few more in the new stand down the side too. Maybe 30 in total?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Ashley Alty

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »

I was there but we stayed along the side of the main stand so that I could see properly, I am not a fan of standing behind the goal as I can't see the action so well and have been hit by the ball in the past which I don't enjoy.  I think there were in excess of 50 Alty there today, scattered about, there were quite a few around us and we moved at half time to stand in the relevasnt half.

I wanted to go as it could be my last season and I want to see my team as often as I can.  I can't make home games when I am not well enough so have been to a few away matches when my health is up to it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »

I was there but we stayed along the side of the main stand so that I could see properly, I am not a fan of standing behind the goal as I can't see the action so well and have been hit by the ball in the past which I don't enjoy.  I think there were in excess of 50 Alty there today, scattered about, there were quite a few around us and we moved at half time to stand in the relevasnt half.

I wanted to go as it could be my last season and I want to see my team as often as I can.  I can't make home games when I am not well enough so have been to a few away matches when my health is up to it.
50 away is incredible considering our situation . Sorry to hear your health is not great
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »

50 away is incredible considering our situation . Sorry to hear your health is not great

I  would say more than 50 all spread across the ground

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »

Impossible to say how many alty in attendance.

Dominated the fist half should have  a penalty when 1-0 up. Didn't really get going 2nd half till 10 mins to go. Definitely should have had 2 more penaltys and Owens hit the bar with an overhead kick.

Found it a bit odd that when Hannigan went off, Heathcote came on at rb and not Patterson

TangerineDream

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »

I'm genuinely sorry that you've been relegated as I don't like any North West clubs going down - and that of course includes Stalybridge Celtic as well. Thought your team put up a really brave performance today and certainly deserved at least one penalty if not two. We've been well below par since our five goal thrashing of AFC Fylde a few weeks ago and will be lucky to make the play if we continue to play the way we're doing.Having said that I'll settle for another stuffy five one goal wins till the end of the season proper. Best of luck in the future to all true Robins fans and I hope you bounce back before too long.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »

Dominated the fist half should have  a penalty when 1-0 up.
Don't know if you noticed but the liner flagged for the penalty and carried on waving his flag for a few seconds. The ref didn't see him and he gave up. Not that it matters though.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

TangerineDream

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »

Dominated the fist half should have  a penalty when 1-0 up.
Don't know if you noticed but the liner flagged for the penalty and carried on waving his flag for a few seconds. The ref didn't see him and he gave up. Not that it matters though.

I certainly did and was glad that he maintained his ineptness for the remainder of the game!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2017, 09:10:52 PM »

I noticed. Yes the ref was shocking
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread