PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No statement?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No statement?  (Read 6204 times)

finnquark

Re: No statement?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

"I'm proud of them lads in there, they've given their all and they're hurting. The liner denied us three stone wall penalties and the ref's had a shocker!"

Normal Saturday then?

Bore off now Matt eh!! Same sh*te every week!! If Moult,Jones,Richman and Densmore don't want to play in the Evostick for another manager then they know where the door is!!

Sorry, I must apologise, this was not an actual quote, it was my take on things based on every other interview in recent weeks. Apologies to all concerned....

The first line of the interview is basically the same thing you said:

We should have had three penalties, and there was a shout for a fourth, but we got none. On top of that, they equalised with a penalty that should never have been given. That kind of officiating shouldn't be allowed. When you are fighting for your job and fighting to get away from the bottom of the table, you just want a fair crack of the whip. That's all you ask.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »

"I'm proud of them lads in there, they've given their all and they're hurting. The liner denied us three stone wall penalties and the ref's had a shocker!"

Normal Saturday then?

Bore off now Matt eh!! Same sh*te every week!! If Moult,Jones,Richman and Densmore don't want to play in the Evostick for another manager then they know where the door is!!

Sorry, I must apologise, this was not an actual quote, it was my take on things based on every other interview in recent weeks. Apologies to all concerned....

U were close enough though mate!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »

So, if I have read that latest Matt Doughty interview correctly, we are now being held to ransom by his long-standing chum from their days together at Rochdale (who has one eye on keeping his current role as player-coach); a couple of individuals who have been deeply involved in two consecutive relegations for Altrincham FC and another player who has hardly kicked a ball all season and has yet to overcome a major injury.

Exactly what kind of alternative universe have we entered here?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »

Normal Saturday then?

U were close enough though mate!

Hahaha! The bloke is so predictable!! Somebody make it stop!
Come on Alty!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »

So, if I have read that latest Matt Doughty interview correctly, we are now being held to ransom by his long-standing chum from their days together at Rochdale (who has one eye on keeping his current role as player-coach); a couple of individuals who have been deeply involved in two consecutive relegations for Altrincham FC and another player who has hardly kicked a ball all season and has yet to overcome a major injury.

Exactly what kind of alternative universe have we entered here?

My thoughts exactly

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 11:03:10 PM »

We've been bobbins all season.

Not so much "bobbin' along" as "bobbins all along"  >:(

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 11:16:26 PM »

It's all very strange, although nothing should surprise me this season. It's an enlightening interview and I don't blame John the messenger at all.

The interview answers are  very reasonable - we should have had three penalties and arguably did deserve to win - until the last section. Doughty says he was appointed in January, but he returned to the club in September, and became caretaker manager in December. I appreciate it takes time to build a team, but he has been around the club nearly the entire season.

Then certain of the more senior players want to play for him but may not want to play for another manager, even though three of them have previously done so here? What? I know managers in a strong position may feel they can dictate their terms, or even attempt to bully, a board, but we have just been relegated.

Staggered. I did think the last 12 months may have been an elaborate and unfunny April Fools joke, but it's April 2nd now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 08:42:30 AM »

Not really a statement rather one last grasp at the job.

All about him.

The weekend is now over. When we expect to hear a rallying cry or some apology by our beloved leader?
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »

Expect the next statement will be in the program on Saturday.

Be interesting this week if they leak anything over any applications received etc?

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »

To be a manager amongst the many qualities needed such as tactical ..ability to move players in amd out..contacts et etc ...you need to be lucky.

Cant help thinking buzz is out on all counts....although he did fluke a win at boston...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No statement?