PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Idiots guide to northern premier league football
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Idiots guide to northern premier league football  (Read 47174 times)

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Idiots guide to northern premier league football
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »

Been to watch Rushden a few times this season including against Witton and Spalding who could also come up. Witton were excellent and a couple of their players should be seriously looked at by us this summer. Their team would beat ours at the moment I reckon.

The others ive seen including Spalding and Diamonds are very poor but very physical.

I was just about to mention the Integro Cup whatever the hell that is!

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »

This thread is making me feel sick.

Reality strikes.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »

Witton were excellent and a couple of their players should be seriously looked at by us this summer. Their team would beat ours at the moment I reckon.

Their manager might have been a good shout too, but what incentive is there for him to apply now when his team is about to potentially earn promotion?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:45:26 PM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

York Alty is back

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »

Witton were excellent and a couple of their players should be seriously looked at by us this summer. Their team would beat ours at the moment I reckon.

Their manager might have been a good shout too, but what incentivecis there for him to apply now when his team is about to potentially earn promotion?

Money.  Which is what we aint got due to two relegations on the bounce.  Well done Chairman Row Lee, you've led the club down sh*t Street, into the mire and now we're heading to f**k knows where.

Get a grip on yourself man, resign.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »

Do the club actually want lots of other applicants though or will it make it easier for them to palm off a couple of joke applicants and give the job to the current duo, would  be less controversial than when they could have strong applicants in the summer? Struggling to see why else we would not do it in the summer when everybody is available!

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

Do the club actually want lots of other applicants though or will it make it easier for them to palm off a couple of joke applicants and give the job to the current duo, would  be less controversial than when they could have strong applicants in the summer? Struggling to see why else we would not do it in the summer when everybody is available!
I believe this was the compromise made at the last board meeting. Rowley wanted to confirm Doughty as manager for next season straight away without inviting applications, but the other board members disagreed wanting a fair and transparent contest and they debated it for over 5 hours, what we see was the outcome

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »

I believe this was the compromise made at the last board meeting. Rowley wanted to confirm Doughty as manager for next season straight away without inviting applications, but the other board members disagreed wanting a fair and transparent contest and they debated it for over 5 hours, what we see was the outcome

The man's unbelievable  ::) ???

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »

Do we know this for certain? If it is true, it beggars belief.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »

Their manager might have been a good shout too, but what incentivecis there for him to apply now when his team is about to potentially earn promotion?

Money.  Which is what we aint got due to two relegations on the bounce.  Well done Chairman Row Lee, you've led the club down sh*t Street, into the mire and now we're heading to f**k knows where.

Mate, it isn't necessary to say Rowley out on every thread or even starting new ones. Just clutters the threads up and imo lessens impact of people who make that particular point. I'm pretty certain he doesn't read the forum now either tbh.

You know this isn't a get Grahame Rowley out of Alty forum. It's the Alty fans forum for reasonable discussion, albeit most (including me) think he should pass on the reigns - and some who don't.

Like I couldn't be arsed saying to Spring, I think you've got to let people read through posts pointing out we're playing Mickleover Sports in a league game next season and come to their own conclusions...

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »

Halesowen Town have just been on the ITV news. Match suspended on Saturday for 7 minutes after a pitch invasion....by a beagle. That's the glue league guys - bring it on (not).

York Alty is back

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »

Halesowen Town have just been on the ITV news. Match suspended on Saturday for 7 minutes after a pitch invasion....by a beagle. That's the glue league guys - bring it on (not).

This beagle?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=pdzpa2iL&id=A75EF27F4F4085537AC6D53AC281C5598F4623FA&q=images+of+the+beagle+space+explorer&simid=608002177505953526&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Fair enough if it was.

AltySupporter

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »

Mate, it isn't necessary to say Rowley out on every thread or even starting new ones. Just clutters the threads up and imo lessens impact of people who make that particular point. I'm pretty certain he doesn't read the forum now either tbh.

You know this isn't a get Grahame Rowley out of Alty forum. It's the Alty fans forum for reasonable discussion, albeit most (including me) think he should pass on the reigns - and some who don't.

Like I couldn't be arsed saying to Spring, I think you've got to let people read through posts pointing out we're playing Mickleover Sports in a league game next season and come to their own conclusions...

Well said that man... no, a lot of us are not Rowley fans but please change the record!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »

Heres a brief guide to what changes culturally and other wise we will encounter next season.

FA CUP

The Football Association's competitions department usually announce the draws for the early rounds of the competitions as well as details of exemptions and a list of accepted clubs in the first week of July. So it wi be a draw of for example Altrincham v the winner of a preliminary round tie

NPL Clubs enter the competition in the FA Cup's first qualifying round on Saturday 10 September with rounds following every two weeks up to and including the first round proper on Saturday 5 November.

FA Trophy

NPL Clubs enter in the first qualifying round on Saturday 29 October with the remaining two qualifying rounds and the first round following fortnightly - the latter being played on Saturday 10 December.

League

The league season will likely start on Saturday 12th August. Fixtures aren't usually released until around Friday 15th July as there needs to be a wait for football league and conference fixtures to be announced.

Blyth spartans will be promoted to the conference north this week and will be joined by one of
Nantwich
Stourbridge
Spennymoor
Warrington
Whitby
Buxton
Matlock
Grantham
Workington

Going the other way will be
Skelmersdale, Ilkeston and two from

Sutton Coldfield
Frickley
Corby
Mickleover
Halesowen

Coming up will be two from

Farsley
Lancaster
Glossop
Trafford
Colne
Ossett town
Scarborough
Clitheroe

And two from

Shaw lane
Witton
Spalding
Newcastle Town (under Lyme)
Basford United
Rushden & diamonds
Leek town
Lincoln United
Stocksbridge Park steels

I'll add more later.

Excellent research.

A quick look on some of the more local sides websites we could play next season (Ashton, Nantwich, Warrington and Marine) suggests that the standard adult admission fee is £10 with no difference between stands and terraces. The board therefore need to think very carefully about prices as I imagine many will bin off home games next season for away days anyway, making the prices too high will just be an additional incentive not to bother.

York Alty is back

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:14 PM »

But we need a budget to attract the players we need to (hopefully) come straight back up. I dont see it being as low as a tenner on the gate, and there will need to be some clever thinking. Some quick ideas: Half season tickets, ten match tickets for £100, parent and child in for £13, free soft drink in the csh in the hope the parents will have a drink too. 

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »

We will, of course, also play Stalybridge and possibly Gainsborough again. Not Worcester as they' would go into South.

Similarly, if Gainsborough DO go down, the most southerly club already in the glue league would have to move. That's Stourbridge.....or if THEY win the playoffs it'd be Halesowen.

Lots of twists and turns yet !

Stalybridge may actually escape, having beaten  the top two clubs in the space of 4 days.

Bad night for Witton tonight, beaten by the only goal at Shaw Lane. The playoffs beckon.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Idiots guide to northern premier league football