PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme  (Read 11478 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2017, 04:48:37 PM »

From the official site:

""As we all know only too well, relegation to the Evo-Stik League became a reality at Salford City on Saturday in circumstances that scarcely made it any easier to bear.
When the opposition's manager and their in-house TV commentary team readily concur they were fortunate not to concede two, possibly three, penalties, you know you have been hard done by. One contentious refereeing decision after another went against us and, as a consequence, a position of promise at the midway point was overturned in the second half, and we went down 2-1.

However, while our fate was officially sealed at 5pm on Saturday, we recognise the bigger picture. The damage was done long before and, as a board, we hold our hands up and apologise for mistakes made.

Equally, while accepting our responsibility for what has happened, we feel it is imperative now there is no delay in planning as thoroughly and meticulously as possible to try and ensure our stay in the Evo-Stik League is as brief as possible and we reclaim our place in the Vanarama League at the first time of asking.

It goes without saying the last year or so has not been enjoyable for anyone connected with the club. The pain has been felt by all of us, but a sense of unity and all pulling in the same direction can be a key factor in kick-starting a journey back up the non-league pyramid. Let's move forward as one and channel all our efforts and resources into getting this club back to where it belongs.

The position of manager for next season will be resolved shortly and whoever is appointed will waste no time addressing the areas of the squad that still need strengthening, despite clear signs of improvement in recent weeks. We want a squad that ticks all the boxes for a concerted promotion push, and that means putting the building blocks in place now, in terms of the finance it will require.

With central funding from the Vanarama League coming to an end, a reduction in income from gate receipts and season tickets and the subsequent pressure this will exert on the playing budget, it is essential we generate as much as we can from other initiatives. One of these is the popular and successful Patrons' Scheme, which will enter its twelfth, and probably most important, season in 2017-18.

It really is a vital fund-raiser for the club, and this is how it works. For the cost of £50, your name will appear throughout the coming season in the Robins Review matchday programme as a Patron of Altrincham Football Club.

At the beginning of the season, every member will be entered into a prize draw, with the winner acting as match sponsor, with all the attendant hospitality benefits, for an appointed game, along with nine guests, in the Manchester Glass Sponsors' Lounge. Second prize will be hospitality for five people and third prize hospitality for three.

If you are interested in offering invaluable support in this way and becoming a Patron for next season, please forward a cheque for £50, payable to Altrincham Football Club, for the attention of Grahame Rowley. Alternatively you can pay by card by phoning the office on 0161 928 1045. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Grahame on 07720-606897 or by e-mail.

Thank you once again for your support – it is very much appreciated". "
Come on Alty!

JMF

Re: Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »

Still not getting it then?

Hulme Robin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »

Is that a quick apology and a bucket shake rolled into one?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »

If that's a rallying cry doesn't do anything for me just start of the begging for money season.
@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »

Not one penny more.....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »

Well, I guess people are going to assess whether it's worth giving money in relation to whether the club really want to make use of it in the long term...

markecky2

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »

Cult summed it up very well when he said "Exactly what kind of alternative universe have we entered here?"

If I had to pick a day not to put out an appeal for funds the top three days would have been Saturday, yesterday or today.

Stop this madness, for Gods sake make it stop.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »

How does f**k off grab you Mr Rowley!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 06:00:14 PM »

It beggars belief. Who thought that they was a good statement to put out at this time. We're relegated because of a poor referee on Saturday, oh maybe there's more to it than that. Let's pat them all on the head and ask them for money.

I hope more people boycott the fundraiser so that maybe they'll get the message that this Club deserves more.

If Doughty is appointed as seems seemingly likely, they won't get a penny from me next season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 06:07:35 PM »

No matter how hard it is to stomach we have a gap

Not getting into the the political side of why at this time

The club needs to do all they can now to attempt to plug it and to understand what the budget will be for next season

People will make there choice to pay or not

The next part will be the subject of admission prices tied into this
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »

I agree that there's a shortfall but there are a number of Better and more imaginitive ways of encouraging people to donate money than this. It's like something the school PTA would send out and is far from a rallying cry.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »

I agree that there's a shortfall but there are a number of Better and more imaginitive ways of encouraging people to donate money than this. It's like something the school PTA would send out and is far from a rallying cry.

I'm sure your right this is a start and if the club don't planned now they would be criticised

Also it's a free way to get money with no marketting cost

I am sure more is planned

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't

Will the staff supporters game still go ahead

That will be fun 😐

markecky2

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »

The club needs to do all they can now to attempt to plug it and to understand what the budget will be for next season

Wayne, I understand why we have to fundraise and I'm not saying anyone should boycott it.

However in my opinion announcements like this should come on the back of some positive news like a new manager, not in the lowest week of the season.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »

I honestly don't think the chairman understands how unhappy so many people are and how many want him to stand down. Reaching out for money right now is totally tactless.  if anything there should be reduced prices for the last home games, money off at the bar, free away travel; some sort of meaningful attempt to reach out and say sorry.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »

Wayne, I understand why we have to fundraise and I'm not saying anyone should boycott it.

However in my opinion announcements like this should come on the back of some positive news like a new manager, not in the lowest week of the season.
totally understand and I agree the timings not great . The management decision may take weeks yet dependent on applications and interviews etc

The gap is there now in funding

I also think if we had been cleverer we could have tied in the reduced admission prices as a peice to soften the blow

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team