PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme  (Read 11472 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 06:28:45 PM »

No matter how hard it is to stomach we have a gap

Not getting into the the political side of why at this time

The club needs to do all they can now to attempt to plug it and to understand what the budget will be for next season

People will make there choice to pay or not

The next part will be the subject of admission prices tied into this

Wayne, I understand why we have to fundraise and I'm not saying anyone should boycott it.

However in my opinion announcements like this should come on the back of some positive news like a new manager, not in the lowest week of the season.
totally understand and I agree the timings not great . The management decision may take weeks yet dependent on applications and interviews etc

The gap is there now in funding

I also think if we had been cleverer we could have tied in the reduced admission prices as a peice to soften the blow

The interviews are just for show,expect Doughty to be announced permanent manager in the next 7 days.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »

A mistimed juxtaposition.

Synopsis of that statement:

We have overseen relentless failure at this football club on a quite unprecedented and catastrophic scale.

Now, give us some more of your money.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:45:29 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »

Another PR Masterclass that.

The game and the dubious refereeing decisions on Saturday are totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and should have not been. mentioned at all. As said a gesture of some kind reflecting on 2.5 seasons of completely embarrassing league performances would have been appropriate but no it's 'Sorry lads, wasn't that ref awful, anyway sorry about this relegation business but we'd be very grateful if before knowing who the manager is next season and also how much it will cost to get in, if you could all give us a load of cash, thanks again and see you all at Rushall Olympic'.

No no and thrice no.

finnquark

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

The layers of black humour to be found in this are so good. After three readings, my favourite bit is the blithe acceptance of relegation combined with the claim of meticulous planning in the same sentence. Other highlights include laying out the ways in which the club will be financially hit (something most fans without their head in the ground have been pointing out since October) and the hilariously brief description of how the Patrons' Scheme 'works'.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:11:38 PM by finnquark »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »

It's hard to articulate what a poorly timed and insensitive statement it actually is.

Just pat everyone on the head and ask for more money. All is well at Moss Lane apparently.

Utterly insulting.
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »

The layers of black humour to be found in this are so good. After three readings, my favourite bit is the blithe acceptance of relegation combined with the claim of meticulous planning in the same sentence. Other highlights include laying out the ways in which the club will be financially hit (something most fans without their head in the ground have been pointing out since October) and the hilariously brief description of how the Patrons' Scheme 'works'.

Indeed.

I particularly enjoyed "despite clear signs of improvement in recent weeks."

Ah, that would be the marvellous run of form since the beginning of March that has seen us amass a total of four points out of a possible 21 then.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 07:32:26 PM »

I don't know whats going on here Bill? These communications are getting worse not better from the club

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

The harsh, unpalatable truth is that, until all financial support to the present regime is cut off, we will continue in freefall. I'm in the monthly draw, and I'll keep that going, but they won't see one red cent of my money otherwise until there are clear signs of improvement OFF the field.

I could actually grit my teeth and watch us struggle next season if I believed the CLUB as opposed to the TEAM was in decent shape. It would then follow that the team would get back in the groove. Right now the CLUB is in the worst shape since it was rescued by White & Swales nearly 60 years ago.

Severe sickness needs a severe cure. If we all walk away until change occurs at the top, we have a chance of rexemption. If we don't things will carry on down the same unlit, muddy, bramble-choked path we've been on for over 18 months.

It was bad enough having Droylsden for Xmas in level 5. But in level 8 ? I believe it's entirely possible unless we take such drastic action that the club are forced to sort out their sh*t.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 08:10:50 PM »

Our PR juganought thunders on
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »

Cheeky sod.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »

Well it has reminded me to cancel my direct debits in the morning.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »

I sent Bill a message a few months ago - on the very subject on plugging the funding gap - with a selection of proactive ideas.

1. club together

A crowdfunding campaign designed to united whatever remain of the board and the fans. Fans pitching in money to be matched in some way by a board personal contribution or by bringing in funds from a college or business associate (non existing)

A target of £30,000 for fans, and £20,000 for the board. Every penny pledge by a fan would be held until the total has been reached, and returned if the figure is not met. Should the £30,000 be met, the £20,000 is then added by the board.

The rewards for fans donating could be cool one offs such a pair of custom "Altrincham" adidas orginals, a curry with an Altrincham legend (max 10 people), a Lego version of moss lane, an Alty TV experience for your cup final. Non of this match day experience free coach trip etc.

2. Doing up the sponsors lounge office

Turning the offices in the Manchester glass lounge into 4-6 people dining areas themed around the club. So one could be alty giant killers, one could be subuteo and one Altrincham community. These could potentially be cool meeting rooms of offices for hot desking (or still used by their current purpose.

3. Plugging the news gasp.

A whatsapp version of club call. Instant team new, signing etc straight from the website.
It's all my fault.

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »

It does seem the fan base is becoming increasingly united as GR requests, unfortunately the one direction we are all pulling in is not the one he is going in.  He must know there is serious disapproval of his leadership so just spouting off that we all need to pull together while offering no compromise or even hint at apology or change in behaviour going forward is only going to strengthen resolve against him. 

I was one of his last supporters on here I think but even I can see that this statement is absolutely the wrong thing to do at the the wrong time and with completely the wrong tone.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »

I sent Bill a message a few months ago - on the very subject on plugging the funding gap - with a selection of proactive ideas.

1. club together

A crowdfunding campaign designed to united whatever remain of the board and the fans. Fans pitching in money to be matched in some way by a board personal contribution or by bringing in funds from a college or business associate (non existing)

A target of £30,000 for fans, and £20,000 for the board. Every penny pledge by a fan would be held until the total has been reached, and returned if the figure is not met. Should the £30,000 be met, the £20,000 is then added by the board.

The rewards for fans donating could be cool one offs such a pair of custom "Altrincham" adidas orginals, a curry with an Altrincham legend (max 10 people), a Lego version of moss lane, an Alty TV experience for your cup final. Non of this match day experience free coach trip etc.

Turning the offices in the Manchester glass lounge into 4-6 people dining areas themed around the club. So one could be alty giant killers, one could be subuteo and one Altrincham community. These could potentially be cool meeting rooms of offices for hot desking (or still used by their current purpose.

A whatsapp version of club call. Instant team new, signing etc straight from the website.

Incredibly strong ideas for the club, particularly 1 and 2. If fans can find 30k i'd expect double from the board, particularly as they have the power to reward investors.

Unfortunately this is too far forward thinking, as would have been the open minded approach to business management that would have seen the social media team have a right to voice their opinions without being cast adrift like naughty school children.

I dont mind the club asking for money now, its nothing new and my word will we need it. However I do take great offence that the act of Alty FC being relegated to its lowest tier ever in English football, purely as a result of bad management, does not even warrant its own dedicated response directly from the chairman?

Instead we get a diluted communication from the board which suddenly attests group culpability despite the personnel having dramatically changed. It still fails to tackle head on what the failings were and it is mixed in with other club interests. I mean it might as well have been tagged on to the end of the match report from the reserves game.

Bill, you've been well and truly taken advantage of here. There's one man responsible for pretty much all of our recent bad decisions as a club and yet somehow you've been convinced to carry the can for one of them almost entirely (social media fiasco) and now as part of a collective culpability for something you haven't presided over. You may see it differently but I see it like this and i'm sure i'm not alone. There's no smoke without fire and I think you should anticipate being burnt.

The club is farcical now. I tried to hold back and just leave it, but I cant, I'm annoyed with myself for caring.

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 08:45:34 AM »

1. club together

Interfering fan....just hand over your money ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message from the board/Advert for Patrons Scheme