PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Joint statement tonight  (Read 21758 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Joint statement tonight
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:07:29 PM »

Can I just clarify point 5 in the joint statement please with anyone who attended the meeting from the Supporters Group.

The point states that GR will remain Chairman of the Club until the process in connection with the potential new investments Is seen through to a conclusion.

Was it agreed that GR will step down as Chairman once these negotiations are completed, regardless of the outcome? The wording of this point seems to infer that he will only remain as Chairman until such times as the process is completed,

For myself, and I'm sure many others, this is a point that needs clarification.

GB Alty

Re: Joint statement tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »

5. The Group agreed that, given these potential major developments, it is appropriate that GR should remain as Chairman to see this process through to a successful conclusion. As a result the Group agreed to cancel any further protests it was planning.

I'm not sure its appropriate for Graham Rowley to say on as chairman under any circumstances - very disappointing

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:23:59 PM »

It sounds like GR has had Rowley Out's pants down. There is no evidence that he will step down or even change. I don't understand why the protests should stop.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

'See this process through to a successful conclusion'

You could drive a bus through that line it's open to interpretation. I imagine GR will not be stepping down from his perch anytime soon then.

markecky2

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:27:34 PM »

Need much more information on this really which I understand we can't have at the moment.

If he is part way through negotiating a deal which brings investment and fresh expertise into the club then I'm happy for him to do that.  If that is his final act as chairman rather than the current mess then it is to be welcomed.

The apology for the dreadful Young abuse misinformation is frank and honest although very late, which is acknowledged.

I think the phrase "this isn't business as usual" is key as it isn't business as usual.  

However I take some comfort from the fact that things are going on behind the scenes and it sounds like we aren't just looking forward to making new friends at Ossett Albion.  Just my opinion.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »

Exactly

4. The plans require a considerable level of ‘stewardship’ as they involve negotiations with a third party, the co-ordination of a number of professional services and consultation with Club stakeholders. With this in mind we believe that it is essential to maintain a level of company continuity at this crucial stage in the process.

All stinks of a dirty smokey back room deal to me - aren't the supporters stakeholders?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »

Also who attended this meeting and how are they representative of the supporters? If Rowley continues through the Summer will the protests continue? Has it been ruled out that we will end up with Doughty as manager?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »

Exactly

4. The plans require a considerable level of ‘stewardship’ as they involve negotiations with a third party, the co-ordination of a number of professional services and consultation with Club stakeholders. With this in mind we believe that it is essential to maintain a level of company continuity at this crucial stage in the process.

All stinks of a dirty smokey back room deal to me - aren't the supporters stakeholders?

Stakeholders might mean shareholders, which would explain why you wouldn't want to go into much detail.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:55:02 PM »

Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organisation's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources.

Supporters are stakeholders maybe just not the ones this joint statement was considering

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 11:59:29 PM »

here endth the Rowley out campaign.

Interesting that some of the Rowley out campaign met without the rest of the 29 being made aware. From my brief chats with that of the 29, I was under the impression that no meeting was taking place and we would be protesting on Saturday
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:49:49 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »

Also who attended this meeting and how are they representative of the supporters? If Rowley continues through the Summer will the protests continue? Has it been ruled out that we will end up with Doughty as manager?
Well considering I was one of the 29 who walked out and I didn't know this meeting was even taking place??? I do expect to receive the full minutes of the meeting however???

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »

Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organisation's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources.

Supporters are stakeholders maybe just not the ones this joint statement was considering

I understand what a stakeholder is.

My point is that if consulting with stakeholders A, B and C prejudices negotiation with another set of stakeholders then you might not be able to do it all at once.

If the board of a firm are thinking of selling up they don't have to inform the tea lady immediately.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

GB Alty

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »

here endth the Rowley out campaign.

Interesting that some of the Rowley out campaign met without the rest of the 29 being made aware.
I presume all 29 he who walked out will be given the full minutes of this meeting? To be fair they should have been given them before any joint statement was published?

As it is this joint statement lacks any real legitimacy

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »

The apology for the dreadful Young abuse misinformation is frank and honest although very late, which is acknowledged.

A step in the right direction. But not enough for me.....no apology for Twittergate, which is my main beef.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 12:27:53 AM »

This closed doors agreement belittle everyone of the 29 that walked out.

I'd also question why that extremely poor statement was released with a begging bowl and then all of a sudden the day after after we have an investment masterplan.

In 6 years of being Chairman, Rowley's board have shown very little dynamism, why now all of a sudden?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight