PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Joint statement tonight  (Read 21770 times)

Jimmy

Re: Joint statement tonight
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 12:48:57 AM »

Who went this meeting?

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 12:54:33 AM »

I knew f**k all about this meeting granted I wouldn't have gone living in Cambridge but I was one of the 29,I'm a tad bemused

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 07:02:24 AM »

Sounds like a selected few have been brainwashed and GR can sit out the remaining few games in peace in the directors box. Fair play to GR I've totally underestimated his negioatation skills!!! No mention of the twitter saga either?
Protests will stop? Not for me. Without much much more information I won't be renewing my season ticket. Not a chance.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »

It's a bit disingenuous to suggest those that attended this meeting have been brainwashed. They had the nous and the courage to get together in the first place. This development (the meeting and whatever is being talked about) came out of the blue to the rest of us, but we need to see what's in the pipeline and trust the judgement of those that have put their heads above the parapet. If it's something involving due diligence or that has a confidently clause attached to it, there's little that can be done for a few weeks anyway. If they are satisfied with what's been discussed and presented to them, then I'll go with that as they are not idiots.

York Alty is back

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 07:39:34 AM »

If I were putting in big sponds I would want to be dealing with the same folk within the club. I would like clarity about Rowley stepping down regardless of the investment talks.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »

As not one of the 29 but who agreed with the majority of their cause this looks like very good news and sensible negotiation on both sides.  It looks as if both sides have compromised for the benefit of the club.  It honestly looks as if some just want a fight for fights sake and bugger the club.  Significant investment, a long term change in leadership from the top and a full apology for accusing fans.  Great work the 29.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 08:19:00 AM »

I'm cautiously optimistic about these developments, but I guess that only time will tell...

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »

Im bemused by this....can any of the fans who met with grahame and agreed with everything grahame said in a 'joint' statement please come on here and back it up?
Im surprised there has been no 'we are meeting tonight watch this space' post on here or clarification protests are now on hold.
Id be happy to support the club and show any potential investors support in the assumption gr will step down.
Sounds like negotiations with shareholders are imminent with a view to shareholding being transferred or expanded?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »

I wonder if we are talking in terms of a potential takeover? ie the third party becoming majority shareholders?

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »

As not one of the 29 but who agreed with the majority of their cause this looks like very good news and sensible negotiation on both sides.  It looks as if both sides have compromised for the benefit of the club.  It honestly looks as if some just want a fight for fights sake and bugger the club.  Significant investment, a long term change in leadership from the top and a full apology for accusing fans.  Great work the 29.
What we have here is just a start. I'll wait and see what the investment involves before I make my decision.

BUT...if he brings in something on a grand scale, he won't be stepping down.

And after the failure to either justify, or apologise for the Twitter fiasco, he's lost my respect and trust. If he tells me it's Wednesday today, I'll check my watch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:27:43 AM by Romeo 48 »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 08:27:52 AM »

No doubt lots of private messages and queries now flying around but understanding that no other information can be publically released for now this potentially sounds very big indeed. I'd be inclined on reflection to have confidence in those who met with GR and hard as it is be patient until this comes out fully.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »

As not one of the 29 but who agreed with the majority of their cause this looks like very good news and sensible negotiation on both sides.  It looks as if both sides have compromised for the benefit of the club.  It honestly looks as if some just want a fight for fights sake and bugger the club.  Significant investment, a long term change in leadership from the top and a full apology for accusing fans.  Great work the 29.
What we have here is just a start. I'll wait and see what the investment involves before I make my decision.

BUT...if he brings in something on a grand scale, he won't be stepping down.

And after the failure to either justify, or apologise for the Twitter fiasco, he's lost my respect and trust.

I'm the same. After the twitter fiasco and then that ridiculous press release yesterday I have absolutely no trust left. Let's hope I'm wrong, but I reckon he is just buying himself time with the hope that next season results are better and we all pipe down a little and Grahame and his board can enjoy pottering around some new grounds in the evo stick.  

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »

I think the problem is that many hundreds of fans have different grievances and demands although they all generally agree that there has to be accountability with GR and a serious change in attitude and philosophy with how the club is run.

So to an extent there has to be negotiations as such, which will have to involve less than everyone who has an opinion. It could possibly have been commun a little better to interested supporters that they were going to meet but the hands on the tiller have been steady enough so far.

Everyone is free to continue their own protests be it not renewing season tickets or patrons scheme or whatever and if the outcome isn't as you'd want to do so. And if it is well you can buy your season ticket then.

I get the impression that GR and the club have kind of realised the sh*t has hit the fan somewhat, although it turns out the bigger table wasn't needed...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 08:42:00 AM »

It's not even 9am by the way, I'm sure a further explanation will come out in good time.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »

Agree, people have other things to do in life.As I said earlier, those that set up this protest aren't stupid or backwards at coming forwards so if they are satisfied with what's been discussed, then it's up to people's personal choice if they put any faith in that, which I do. Don't make the mistake that it's just a couple of drunken kids having a tantrum as others have previously.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight