PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Joint statement tonight  (Read 21785 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Joint statement tonight
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »

I think some information will need to be released fairly quickly in order for people to buy this 'hope on the horizon' thing. As I said earlier, I'm cautiously optimistic... very cautiously.

York Alty is back

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »

Wait and see basically if Rowley stays we're f**ked

Bang on.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Personally, I don't find the joint statement particular cause for optimism. There is a big difference between "creating significant opportunities to attract new investment" and actually negotiating new investment. I fear the investors being targeted could be the fans again. My money is staying where it is until positive change actually happens.

All sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me, allegedly Rowley and his board have been seeking investment for the last 5 years, so what's different now? Think the lads who attended have been sold a dummy here, Rowley must be rubbing his hands in delight today that his opposition has been split

Well it's the final straw for me - I was one of the 29, but not again - I'll do my own protests from now on

People's front of Judea?   :)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

This closed doors agreement belittle everyone of the 29 that walked out.

I'd also question why that extremely poor statement was released with a begging bowl and then all of a sudden the day after after we have an investment masterplan.

In 6 years of being Chairman, Rowley's board have shown very little dynamism, why now all of a sudden?

THIS!!!! i for one am fuming and gutted i contributed my time and money to the original protest. 1-0 to rowley i think

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. These people are not fools, the least you could do is a adopt a 'wait and see' approach. I genuinely think some people on here are not happy unless they're miserable and fuming.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »

Just a little bit more patience.

It's time for all Alty fans to stand their ground.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

York Alty is back

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »

Just a little bit more patience.

It's time for all Alty fans to stand their ground.
I agree about the patience. This provides hope of a genuine step forward.                                                                         The wrath that will fall upon GR will indeed be mighty if this fails.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »

Personally, I don't find the joint statement particular cause for optimism. There is a big difference between "creating significant opportunities to attract new investment" and actually negotiating new investment. I fear the investors being targeted could be the fans again. My money is staying where it is until positive change actually happens.

All sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me, allegedly Rowley and his board have been seeking investment for the last 5 years, so what's different now? Think the lads who attended have been sold a dummy here, Rowley must be rubbing his hands in delight today that his opposition has been split

Well it's the final straw for me - I was one of the 29, but not again - I'll do my own protests from now on

People's front of Judea?   :)
;D
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Time to go

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »

Firstly, apologies for the lack of clarity over the past 48 hours. While that isn’t particularly helpful on our part, it was a time issue on my side (Matt posting this) rather than anything else. The nature of the statement released on Tuesday has of course caused more questions than answers, and in some cases even disappointment. So, for that reason we wanted to try and clear up some of the questions that have been raised since.

• On the point about fans meeting with the chairman, and who they were speaking for. It’s a fair question. However, we had previously made it clear (repeated on here) that we weren't in a position to speak for “29” people, as much as we were not entitled to speak for anyone else in the ground who was unhappy with the way the club was being run, or in fact those already choosing to stay away. We also made clear that we were keen to meet with the chairman to discuss certain things. The opportunity presented itself (at relatively short notice) earlier this week and we took advantage of that.

• It’s important to make clear that in the course of the discussion there were things that Grahame Rowley (GR) said that we didn’t necessarily agree with, as much as there were things that we said that GR won’t have agreed with. And of course there were things said by both sides that everyone agreed with.

• While there are evidently things that can't be discussed, yet, it’s perhaps worth noting that there are a handful of people who were unhappy and upset enough to arrange the walk outs, protests and media who have now been satisfied enough to agree to hold back for the time being based on what was released in Tuesday evening’s joint statement.
No-one has to back Grahame Rowley. We are not asking anyone to do that. But, based on what was discussed, we would encourage people to give him the time stated in the release on website this week to complete the "work (that is) currently underway".

• There was purposely a timeframe built into the joint statement. That way, even if people (understandably) have doubts, then at least everyone knows that this will come to a head sooner rather than later. At the end of that time period will either be the “major developments” that have been mentioned in the statement, or everyone can call 'bull sh*t' and it would likely make things much worse for current board/chairman in the long term.

• To be clear, we are not asking or telling other people to stop protesting in the way they feel most appropriate if that’s what they choose to do. It’s just that we have decided to cancel any protests planned by ourselves for now in order to allow space for the board/chairman to “see this process through”. In regard to people’s decisions over season ticket renewals or attendance at games next season etc., then that’s a personal choice. One of our major concerns has always been the effect of the current situation/status quo on the revenue streams to fund next season’s promotion objective. Its worth bearing in mind that the board have indicated a May 2017 update, which would presumably be before most people would be renewing season tickets anyway and so people would be able to make a final decision after that.

• In addition to what is mentioned in the joint statement, a ‘Code of Conduct’ was discussed at the meeting that could be signed by all club volunteers, to protect both parties and attempt to avoid the situation that occurred recently regarding the club's twitter account. This would also include a clear list of responsibilities assigned to each role. An example document (for the social media roles) was drafted by one of the supporters and the reaction was positive. GR took this away to discuss further with the board.

• Let's also have a bit of respect for GR in this where it is actually due. No, that doesn't mean anyone has been fobbed off with lip service. It doesn’t mean that fans are split, or anything that dramatic. It doesn’t mean that anyone is calling for him to stay on for next season. It means that, for the good of the football club, GR has put a certain level of trust in a small group of people who have spent the past few weeks being very angry and very blunt about their views on whether they think he should carry on as the chairman at the football club. And, regardless of whether people think he should be chairman or not, for that he does deserve a bit of credit.
People have also spent months angrily calling for him to apologise publicly to the Altrincham supporters for any confusion and discrediting that may have occurred in the aftermath of the departure of Neil Young from the club. This has now happened and I don’t think anyone has even acknowledged it – although perhaps it’s been lost in the curiosity driven by content of the joint statement, which is understandable.

Finally, most who were there on Tuesday night should be at the game on Saturday. If anyone wants to have a chat face-to-face with any of us individually at the game, or ask any questions, then let us know and it can be arranged. (I will be, and will be stood in the far corner with my kids as usual if anyone wants to find me.) There will be detail we won’t be able to discuss any further, but we might be able to help clear up any misconceptions that may exist.
If anyone can’t make the game on Saturday, or would like to speak to any of us before then please feel free to message us and someone will send their phone number.

Andrew Flynn
Mike Reeves
Matt Taylor
Leighton Wright

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »

Matt, many thanks for finding time out of your working week to give supporters on here this update.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »

All sounds potentially positive. Thanks for putting as much info as you could on here.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »

It is disappointing it took Twittergate for Grahame to agree to a piece of literature regarding roles. But I'm glad he's agreed to do so.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »

aftermath of the departure of Neil Young from the club. This has now happened and I don’t think anyone has even acknowledged it

I acknowledged it earlier in this thread
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated Matt

GB Alty

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »

Excellent post - you have my full support

For clarity the timeframe we're all working to on this is the May board meeting? Do we know the date of that?

• There was purposely a timeframe built into the joint statement. That way, even if people (understandably) have doubts, then at least everyone knows that this will come to a head sooner rather than later. At the end of that time period will either be the “major developments” that have been mentioned in the statement, or everyone can call 'bull sh*t' and it would likely make things much worse for current board/chairman in the long term.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

Nice to see who is involved.

Is the managerial decision on hold then?
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

Cheers Matt and I agree with Glyn about a new manager
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight