PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Joint statement tonight  (Read 21781 times)

DidsburyAlty

Re: Joint statement tonight
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »

Couple of things. Spoke to those present. And they aren't easily pleased, or dissuaded and therefore a 180 degree flip on their stance must mean something special is in the pot,

Whilst I agree with Ballers, it would have nice for the three or four to disclose their meeting - not the location or time - I'm sure they'll have had reasons for not doing so. Maybe less pressure on both sides to deliver or agree amicably? There was no guarantee they would agree with GR. But I would ask the four to be a little less cloak and dagger and manage expectations where possible. Not warts and all, just a courtseous update to those they represent.

The four that met have been heavily involved and got us this far. To convince someone to apologise no matter how wrong they are is no easy task. So if all else they've achieved one objective.

However, I'd like to see the full plans ot more info have come to light before I throw the meet-ers to the dogs.
I maintain that Grahame shouldn't remain beyond the end of the season, and if they achieve that with a little more jaw jaw than war war (best phrase of the week) then that can only benefit the club.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:11:03 AM by DidsburyAlty »

markecky2

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »

I said in my post a while back that I had nothing personal against Grahame, that I respect the years he has put in and acknowledged the mistakes he has made.  However I didn't think he was the man to lead the relaunch the club as it needs and I still believe that.

Whilst speaking to Hughesy yesterday I said I was genuinely concerned about what would happen next and was praying that someone (selfishly I know) put their head above the parapit and did something.

It sounds like a group have done that and made a start.  The names I have heard are people who have my respect. From the standpoint of some of the names I heard it must have taken something to make them at least not walkout within five mins.

One of my worries was that "the club" were happy to be discussing sandwich fillings with the man from the club shop at Paget Rangers and nothing was going to happen, we just started next season exactly we are now.

I now believe we have something to aim at.

There are two ways for me that GR could stand aside.   Either in a fit of peak after something finally sends him over the edge and in as difficult manner as possible or by negotiating with others to stand down with a plan in place for the future.

It looks like it could be the latter so for me that is as good as it gets at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:18:25 AM by markecky2 »

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »

Thanks for your welcome post ecky....accepting that sensitive negotiations may be about to take place it was vital the joint statement was backed up by a trusted source....it will be probably vital that potential investors see a mature responsible fanbase working for the long term good of the club and certainly not for any protests to put any investor off?
It should also be assumed we cant be told everything.
It appears we will have to be patient and hope good news is on the way.
I would ask though that the fans are kept up to date as much as is possible.
I feel in return for the time being and for the long term good of the club the fans show support for the team and have a truce...?

arnald

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »

I am not a protester I like to think in an ideal world grahame  will turn it around and get us fighting in the national leauge
In two years time ,but the anger fear of what could happen to alty must turn a good fan bad and want change
I'm happy to blame the chairman for hiring bad management  but maybe it's his only mistake wich has led to us
Waching  I pile of crap in a crap leauge ,if we can be arsed going anymore

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 10:26:57 AM »

I've read an old statement from the Fab Four. It says that they'd not enter dialogues about him remaining, but on a list of issues.

It seems they have address all but one of these issues, and the one not addressed - reading between the lines - it might be being addressed in private.

And therefore well done for sticking to that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:44:07 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »

I think we should just see this for what it is, the chairman finally surrounding himself with people who are genuinely dismayed at the way he has run the club and not people who pat him on the back and say things will improve.

It seems that he has taken a few things on board. Its obviously far too late because we're in a pub league next season even if a Russian billionaire comes in but there's no point going over it if the chairman is putting something in place which will allow him to hand control of the club or part of the control to another party.

Like it or not the fact is that given the choice of him transitioning out of or to a different role in the club or just straight walking away at the drop of a hat the former is far better than the latter. If he's realised his time is up but believes he can redeem his reign by making sure the club is left in a better place then so be it.

Interesting that the twittergate and curiously poor managerial recruitment process have not been referenced in the joint statement.

And thanks Grahame for the full and frank apology.

markecky2

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »

Thanks for your welcome post ecky....accepting that sensitive negotiations may be about to take place it was vital the joint statement was backed up by a trusted source....it will be probably vital that potential investors see a mature responsible fanbase working for the long term good of the club and certainly not for any protests to put any investor off?
It should also be assumed we cant be told everything.
It appears we will have to be patient and hope good news is on the way.
I would ask though that the fans are kept up to date as much as is possible.
I feel in return for the time being and for the long term good of the club the fans show support for the team and have a truce...?

It was all news to me mate, I read it on the official site at the same time as everyone else. 

Lot's of texts flying about this morning but rightly no more information has been given which I would imagine is crucial at this stage to any negotiation.  I'll not be asking for any more as I'm just grateful that people have stepped up.

I feel a damn sight more positive than I did this time yesterday whilst acknowledging there is a long way to go. 

As you say, we have to hope that when information can be released it will be.

York Alty is back

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »

Now I have ten mins...

This is constructive, it's positive and may just be a bit of light at the end of a very long dark tunel.

Two routes seem to open up at this point:-

Investment Happens

Any business or individual putting a significant amount of money in will want a degree of control in return.  Given the history of the past 18 months or so I'll eat my hat if that includes having GR in the chair.  This route leaves us with a financial route and a leadership route forward. Excellent work and that does include by BR himself no doubt.

Investment Fails

This leaves us almost where we are now, but with another addition to the long list of failures by the board led by GR. More people would find themselves at the end of ther patience - fans and I think board members too.  I fear turmoil and an impasse further damaging the club at what is already a bloody hard time for us.  I see GR trying to fight his way out of a corner with damage all around.  This is a nightmare scenario. We stagnate at best.

Fingers crossed, and if we need to back off a bit to give the time to get these talks to a successful conclusion then so be it.

taxi Phil

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »

We have to believe that any announcement would be made in plenty of time for season ticket sales to be dealt with, assuming that it's cut and dried by then. That gives the club about 10 weeks tops to come up smelling of roses (or indeed anything preferable to the offensive aroma that has pervaded of late). We can certainly wait THAT long.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »

Couple of things. Spoke to those present. And they aren't easily pleased, or dissuaded and therefore a 180 degree flip on their stance must mean something special is in the pot,

Whilst I agree with Ballers, it would have nice for the three or four to disclose their meeting - not the location or time - I'm sure they'll have had reasons for not doing so. Maybe less pressure on both sides to deliver or agree amicably? There was no guarantee they would agree with GR. But I would ask the four to be a little less cloak and dagger and manage expectations where possible. Not warts and all, just a courtseous update to those they represent.

The four that met have been heavily involved and got us this far. To convince someone to apologise no matter how wrong they are is no easy task. So if all else they've achieved one objective.

However, I'd like to see the full plans ot more info have come to light before I throw the meet-ers to the dogs.
I maintain that Grahame shouldn't remain beyond the end of the season, and if they achieve that with a little more jaw jaw than war war (best phrase of the week) then that can only benefit the club.

Speaking as one of the 29 who walked out during that game against Stalybridge, it would be informative to know exactly who attended that meeting behind closed doors with the chairman.

I hope that the 'Time To Go' top brass will enlighten us a little further in due course.

Do I now need to print off a 'Rowley In' sign to brandish during Saturday's home game with Brackley...?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

The meeting can only be a good thing. Glad to hear both parties are conversing and trying to move forward.

The possibility of significant investment gives me hope of getting back to the top flight of non League asap.

Surely a decision on management won't be made until the investment scenario is sorted?
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »

The meeting can only be a good thing. Glad to hear both parties are conversing and trying to move forward.

The possibility of significant investment gives me hope of getting back to the top flight of non League asap.

Surely a decision on management won't be made until the investment scenario is sorted?

I thought the same , management position could  be postponed , will see what happens on that front.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »

After reading the joint statement and also the apology from Mr Rowley I feel a lot more positive than I did yesterday although there's a long way to go yet and I'm not building my hopes up too much! Well done to the four who took up the challenge to meet the chairman and try and start sorting this mess out!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »

It's difficult to give any really informed comment until further details come out, but it's certainly positive that people are talking, so well done to both sides for that.
However, I am worried when people mention delaying the managerial appointment until the investment situation is sorted. The latter could drag on and on, even while progress is being made, and we do need to hit the ground running next season. The deadline was too early, clearly, and I suppose we could extend it a little and invite further applications, but that would imply none of the current applicants are suutable, which I can't see happening.
I don't have an answer, but can see problems whether we appoint too quickly or slowly.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

All that matters is that the RIGHT person is found by the board to return the club to winning ways.
If the candidates applying are not good enough we need to head hunt someone who IS.
On the last 3 unsuccessful occasions,... the club appointed the best of who was available, look at how that worked out!
Just goes to show that this is not an easy task.
It doesnt matter when we appoint someone, I'd rather wait for the right person than rush to appoint the wrong one again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joint statement tonight