PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thanks for trying Matt...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thanks for trying Matt...  (Read 9758 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »

.....,but no. No thank you. You are not the man to lead us forward. Your record is atrocious, both as an assistant and a manager. Respect to you as a player, but please walk away from this car crash now. It's not even funny.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for trying Matt...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »

Any footballer worth his salt would never turn the chance down to manage his former club, his professional integrity and drive wouldn't allow it. It's not worked and for me wasn't the answer in December or January, we tossed it off too early. Fair play to Matt for giving it a go, but two wins in nineteen regardless of how the dressing room is, isn't good enough. Brackley were on the beach and barely broke sweat but still gave us a hiding. In mitigation  we have had a lot of injuries, but for me we need a complete reboot. That goes from the very top of the club. We need a manager with experience, ideally of unibond football. We'll have the budget to cherry pick players, we need the contacts, know how and nous to deploy them correctly.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 06:42:04 PM »

Agree with every word. Your post should be required reading for Matt and he should withdraw his application.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

Agree with every word. Your post should be required reading for Matt and he should withdraw his application.
Unfortunately he's a shoo-in.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 06:29:50 PM »

Any footballer worth his salt would never turn the chance down to manage his former club, his professional integrity and drive wouldn't allow it. It's not worked and for me wasn't the answer in December or January, we tossed it off too early. Fair play to Matt for giving it a go, but two wins in nineteen regardless of how the dressing room is, isn't good enough. Brackley were on the beach and barely broke sweat but still gave us a hiding. In mitigation  we have had a lot of injuries, but for me we need a complete reboot. That goes from the very top of the club. We need a manager with experience, ideally of unibond football. We'll have the budget to cherry pick players, we need the contacts, know how and nous to deploy them correctly.

Spot on.

Sections of yesterday's issue of the Robins Review read like a propaganda campaign to have Matt Doughty crowned as our next manager but I'm afraid that the statistics just don't back up all the rhetoric.

Yesterday constituted our fourth consecutive defeat and Matt Doughty's record in charge in league fixtures is simply nowhere near good enough to justify his appointment as Alty's manager for the pivotal 2017/18 season:

Played: 19;

Won: 2;

Drawn: 4;

Lost: 13;

Goals scored: 13;

Goals conceded: 33;

Points gained: 10 out of a possible total of 57.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

Wonder if the manager will be apointed this week ?The closing date for applications was last monday  so maybe some confirmation shorty.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:10:08 PM by Timperley The Best »

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:27:19 PM »

Matt D. is not the man to lead us next season.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »

Wonder if the manager will be apointed this week ?The closing date for applications was last monday  so maybe some confirmation shorty.

Hopefully it won't be announced until the end of the season because we've appointed a highly rated manager already in a job.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:50 PM »

The galvanisation of the squad is a myth, still terrible.  fresh start, fresh eyes needed
Bernard Taylors barmy army

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 08:16:49 PM »

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/alty/altynews/15210118.Doughty_gets_backing_for_Alty_post_from_Salford__39_s_Johnson/

Another appalling piece of journalism here from John Edwards

Where does the Salford manager give Doughty his backing to be Alty boss? He doesn't thats where. Nowhere does he mention either Doughty or our managerial vacancy.

Also is it really acceptable for the offical club press officer to be issuing biased propaganda towards one candidate, when we're supposed to be having an open an transparent application process here?

Is this North Korea?

The full interview with the Salford manager is here https://twitter.com/salfordcityfc/status/848481453751115777, yes Edwards just lifted it off twitter as well

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 08:24:09 PM »

Hopefully it won't be announced until the end of the season because we've appointed a highly rated manager already in a job.

I think this is what will happen.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »

I do find it odd that in lots of interviews that it keeps being discussed

Just focus on the job in hand would be my advice
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »

No way should Matt be considered for the job, his record as assistant and manager is rubbish. I know he took over a really poor squad, low on confidence etc but he hasn't done enough to justify the job on a permanent basis. I would however, consider Robbie Lawton as the number 1.

AltySupporter

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 09:05:52 PM »

I can't believe Doughty is even being considered. We need a fresh face, not someone indoctrinated in an ever growing era of abject failure.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:08:08 PM by AltySupporter »

York Alty is back

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »

I can't believe Doughty is even being considered. We need a fresh face, someone not indoctrinated in an ever growing era of failure.

Please see the above as its bang on the cash.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team