Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For those unsure what an improvement is...

Author Topic: For those unsure what an improvement is...  (Read 3107 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:56 AM »

see Stalybridge or Bradford Park Avenue, do not see our current form, regardless of whether the players are now smiling or whether we were clapped off at Telford (including me). 
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: For those unsure what an improvement is...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »

Difference is that the managers brought in had an effect for BPA and Staley, also the players they brought in are making a difference. Such as Andy Bishop at Stalybridge.

I said it on another post, I am led to believe that Steve Burr was previously interviewed but they could not agree terms, hence others were appointed. Looks like that was a mistake if true.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »

Difference is that the managers brought in had an effect for BPA and Staley, also the players they brought in are making a difference. Such as Andy Bishop at Stalybridge.

I said it on another post, I am led to believe that Steve Burr was previously interviewed but they could not agree terms, hence others were appointed. Looks like that was a mistake if true.

If we couldn't agree terms because of his wage demands (pure speculation) then it's a shambles. We should have thrown the kitchen sink at him if it meant us getting a proper manager in.

The club we're happy to pay off the lad Griffiths(?) contract when he lied to us about his injury history, are happy to let Goodall sit on his arse and do nothing whilst earning a wedge, quite happy to pay early termination of contracts if the latest manager asked them too, so why won't they put money into the management team (where it is most needed this year)?

A complete and utter catalogue of errors.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »

Also, the fact that those clubs brought in actual managers.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »

It doesn't help that the squad was decimated by Young so we've had the dregs from the lower leagues playing for us.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »

It doesn't help that the squad was decimated by Young so we've had the dregs from the lower leagues playing for us.
No I'm not buying that anymore, a few months ago maybe but who are we actually talking about ?  Leather, havern, rankine?
Rankine didnt want to drop down, havern was not too great at Telford recently.  Leather fair enough.  Apart from that the squad contains many names from the previous year.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 09:59:40 AM »

I've given MD the benefit of the doubt up to this point. I genuinely believe he inherited a true car crash of a squad and that he at least deserved time to turn things round. In BPA's case, I said at the time that they were an easier club to turn round, as they were only losing games by one goal while we were being tonked. What blows everything into the water is Stalybridge's massive improvement. They were utter toss in both games against us, so Steve Burr was effectively starting from the same position we were at. If they survive, MD and GR will feel right prats.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »

No I'm not buying that anymore, a few months ago maybe but who are we actually talking about ?  Leather, havern, rankine?
Rankine didnt want to drop down, havern was not too great at Telford recently.  Leather fair enough.  Apart from that the squad contains many names from the previous year.

To be fair he asked Leather to stay.

Chrissy A

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 11:51:20 AM »

To be fair he asked Leather to stay.
[/quote]

Asking someone to stay and fighting for someone to stay are different matters. Shouldn't be asking arguably your best and most versatile defender to stay and then asking him to take a considerable drop in wage. Could have sacrificed the wages of any one in the long list of his summer signings to make up the wage difference.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »

Even if leather did stay are we saying he's the missing link.  Underachieved from the goalkeeper to the very prominent striker
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team