PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46171 times)

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who was at the Curzon game about the behaviour of a few Alty fans, in particular to those who gave abuse to Clayton McDonald. Now he obviously had a poor game but to hear a group of beered up Alty fans giving him aload of abuse and chanting for him to be replaced by Sam Heathcote was just embarrassing and pathetic. Matt Doherty must have thought he had no choice but to take him off shortly after. This same group then proceeded to make foul mouthed anti Rowley chants, personally I think Rowley should go, but this sort of abuse is again embarrassing. If ever there was a reason not to allow drinking on the terraces next season it was this sort of behaviour from this group of Alty Fans. We need more support than ever next season and this sort of behaviour will cost the club support by putting people off. To this group you should take a long look at yourselves, you aren't funny, you can't take your beer and why not dont embarrass the club, the team on the pitch have done enough of that already this season.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:37:24 AM »

I was at the game. The biggest embarrassment was that Matt Doughty needed to watch Clayton in a game to make a decision about him. He was absolutely appalling , which I could have predicted after watching him warm up the other week at home. It was an absolute insult to us fans to put a player 5 stone overweight in a first team game. Absolute joke. As for the Rowley chants, well i personally think he has got off lightly all in all this season. The other chants were taken in good spirits be the players to be fair.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 12:39:46 AM »

Ooo don't cry

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 02:03:32 AM »

Warburton is a Robin.

York Alty is back

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 03:04:03 AM »

During another of the keepers lapse in concentration he said Alty fans were whining because of the grief McDonald got. Its not his fault we are rubbish, he is just one of fifty odd players we've used. I am surprised its taken so long for fans to have a pop at some of the players. Rowley is an embarrassment.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 05:50:19 AM »

Heaven forbid a few lads who've been home and away all season have a bit of a laugh.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 06:48:28 AM »

I was stood behind the goal we were kicking at when all this happened, and I viewed it the same way as the original poster - Golf Road View. I felt sorry for Clayton yesterday, a personal attack on a player is not the way we support the club and players. I did feel the chanting affected decisions, but Clayton's performance was just a little rusty, but he intimidated the opposition. He did make one or two minor errors, but not really enough to warrant the abuse he had. How he must have felt walking off the pitch after being substituted I do not know, but Matt's decision was right at the time, whether influenced by the chanters or not. The other players will not have liked that either.

I am sorry for Clayton and what he endured. I never like to see individual scapegoats and I do hope he is thick-skinned enough to take it. I have always considered my fellow fans to be fair-minded and enjoy a good match, but that was not supporting the club and I for one was embarrassed. I also feel we should look to the future now as we rebuild, the anti-Rowley brigade did nothing to encourage that yesterday. Yes there have been some wrong decisions made in the past, but there have also been some good decisions made more recently, not least the price reduction which will lead me to renew my season ticket. The chanting should have been for the team, especially in the light of the final result.

We should be standing together with the team now, not rashly picking on individuals and the chairman; or believe me you WILL de-stabilise the club.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »

Should that read "Steve from Planet Zog"

We're past de-stabilising or do you have another meaning for that phrase? The place is in meltdown at Defcom 1, I kindly suggest a stronger brand of coffee and the inhalation of it rather than the drinking of it.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »

Ignoring this

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 07:13:58 AM »

You must have a heart of stone mate

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who was at the Curzon game about the behaviour of a few Alty fans, in particular to those who gave abuse to Clayton McDonald. Now he obviously had a poor game but to hear a group of beered up Alty fans giving him aload of abuse and chanting for him to be replaced by Sam Heathcote was just embarrassing and pathetic. Matt Doherty must have thought he had no choice but to take him off shortly after. This same group then proceeded to make foul mouthed anti Rowley chants, personally I think Rowley should go, but this sort of abuse is again embarrassing. If ever there was a reason not to allow drinking on the terraces next season it was this sort of behaviour from this group of Alty Fans. We need more support than ever next season and this sort of behaviour will cost the club support by putting people off. To this group you should take a long look at yourselves, you aren't funny, you can't take your beer and why not dont embarrass the club, the team on the pitch have done enough of that already this season.

Could you please provide a list of club approve chants that we are allowed to sing.
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »

The club are lucky anyone is still turning up to watch full stop. You'd have had near riots at some clubs if they'd had the same 18 months as we have had. You've needed to be in drink to watch most games this season

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »

I am sure Clayton McDonald has endured much worse in his League career or in that high profile trial in which he was acquitted! He didn't look too traumatised at the end of the game when he rushed past me, leaving the ground before I did, and showing more pace than he ever did during the game.

However, he was terrible yesterday just as he was in his last game at Stockport, and this really isn't the fans' fault. Their actions are a reaction, not a cause. I am off to see a game in the bottom division of the North West Counties League today and expect to see better performances.

I would be more worried that, although I celebrated the slightly  fortunate win, any win in this meaningless end of the season will be seen as  reason to appoint Matt Doughty.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »

We risk destabilization at the club . Heaven forbid that should ever happen. I mean 3 managers in a season and over 50 players used would be madness wouldnt it
ParkINson's red and white army

Hulme Robin

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 08:41:35 AM »

I was amazed at how many fans we took to curzon. Full credit to those that went. Clayton got off lightly. Is it really to much to ask first team squad players to keep themselves matchfit?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon