PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton Town : match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alfreton Town : match thread  (Read 15762 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton Town : match thread
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »

Not sure why we debate this every time? 

It includes season ticket holders, many of who are not currently going for varying reasons.

From the pictures I have seen then 550 looks about right.

Which is actually one of the few positives at the moment.  If we can get 550 people to watch these fraudsters then there is hope.

New leader, new manager, there has never been a better time to come into Altrincham FC and make a difference on and off the field in my opinion.

Totally agree with that statement fella. Hope it comes to fruition

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 08:42:57 PM »

Felt a bit sorry for McWilliams but putting densmore in midfield made a massive difference.

Much better 2 nd half when we went 4 4 2.

Heard a whisper the managerial decision will be made tomorrow

Made or announced? If it's to be made but not announced until a later date then that leaves it quite open but if it's to be announced tomorrow for me it's down to 3 people. With only the Evostick league season finishing today but the play offs yet to be contested I can't see us announcing that any manager that's still involved this season has got the job so that leaves Tom Baker of Trafford,Martin McIntosh of Buxton or Matt Doughty.

Apparently there were interviews yesterday at the club, also in the program GR states that the new manager will be in position before the end of the season.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »

Also new investment hopefully announced in the next few months along with a new pitch perimeter fence mentioned in the program.

Hope this all happens for the benefit of us all.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »

If it says `new manager`its not MD then is it.

And you're quite right Ecky the debatable attendance figure is as a pointless as the persistent Rowley Out
posts. I get it
Full time and proud of it

mase

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »

there were approx 580 people in the ground today, however I'm sure sure that includes all the kids, no bad thing by the way that.

Poor game no atmosphere from Alty however great effort from  the Alfreton fans..... and their chanting sounded like ALTY  ALTY best we can can get currentlyy unfortunately

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 09:01:45 PM »

Agree that it's definitely not MD, but I wouldn't rule out a currently out-of-work manager - there are plenty of half decent ones about. The likes of Gary Brabin could have been tempted, you never know.

mase

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »

Agree too not MD however as said before Densmore looked pretty good in midfield to be fair, we've also missed his leadership on the pitch massively. We could do worse than the densmore, moult combination  in my opinion, however can't really see that. I still wonder if Gary Jones coaching is an option? However after what I saw today it's a massive decision and really really really hope we can get it right this time.

markecky2

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 09:14:44 PM »

Densmore will run games next season if he stayed (and was medically up to it).  Problem is that he will be on Conference National money now and it will be quite a drop.

In a lovely world of course he would commit to the cause and dragging us back up but not sure football works like that. Be great if it did...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »

Don't know who actually said it but I heard today in half time chats that there were 7 applications for the managers slot. One of which was MD..

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »

I never thought I would see Densmore score for us again.

You still haven't. Quite correctly given as an own goal by the keeper.

mase

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

In reality yes it's about the players getting the best contracts they can for themselves and their families. I guess I was just hoping after 2-3 seasons out we'd see a player prepared to take a reduction to evo-stick  wages to try and drag HIS team back up to where they belong. Comical and sentimental stupid football dreams that no longer exist I guess? Comic book football hero's  are no more today..... Where's Roy Race when you need him!

markecky2

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »

In reality yes it's about the players getting the best contracts they can for themselves and their families. I guess I was just hoping after 2-3 seasons out we'd see a player prepared to take a reduction to evo-stick  wages to try and drag HIS team back up to where they belong. Comical and sentimental stupid football dreams that no longer exist I guess? Comic book football hero's  are no more today..... Where's Roy Race when you need him!

Yeah. I agree 100%, sorry if that wasn't clear.

mase

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »

thanks Ecky, got you  totally agree and get what you're saying.

Massive few days ahead for Alty in my opinion here's hoping for something positive for a change that all fans can get behind!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »

How do you work that out. The ball was going in regardless. The goalie jumped and contrived to open his legs at the same time. It was already in before he dived on it,  I was stood directly behind you.

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »

How do you work that out. The ball was going in regardless. The goalie jumped and contrived to open his legs at the same time. It was already in before he dived on it,  I was stood directly behind you.
He got both hands to the ball and contrived to shovel it through his legs. Clearly an OG on one viewing. If it looks different on Robins TV I'll gladly apologise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton Town : match thread