PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: New Manager for next season  (Read 44316 times)

Stan Hibbert

Re: New Manager for next season
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »

I'm sure Scott is no different from any other player in that he'll go wherever he gets paid the most. Much will depend on the level of investment we have been told about.

If it was a decent level of investment we wouldn't be taking the Nantwich manager on.

No disrespect to the guy but money talks and if we had any we would be attracting a bigger name.

York Alty is back

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »

I'm sure Scott is no different from any other player in that he'll go wherever he gets paid the most. Much will depend on the level of investment we have been told about.

If it was a decent level of investment we wouldn't be taking the Nantwich manager on.

No disrespect to the guy but money talks and if we had any we would be attracting a bigger name.

The deal maybe loaded with a £20000 bonus for promotion. I am guessing at a number but the principle remains a possibility.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »

The deal maybe loaded with a £20000 bonus for promotion. I am guessing at a number but the principle remains a possibility.

Very true but so is the fact that if my Aunty had a d*ck she'd be my Uncle.

York Alty is back

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »

I dare say there are plenty of Alty fans who are on a performance related bonus scheme at work. Uncles and Aunties included.

We just don't know what the deal is, but I don't believe we can read into how big this investment (should it actually happen) is on the appointment of a particular bloke as manager.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2017, 01:39:32 PM »

This guys a solid performer in the NPL with a sh*t budget. If he played the interview right he'd be a lead favourite regardless of how much money we had.

If the investment coming in was really significant, as in changing the clubs long term outlook, we'd have heard more rumours by now.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »

Id be very surprised if by the start of next season we have new major investment and a new chairman. I don't think GR has any intention of leaving, and I believe the "investment" will be more on scale with the new perimeter fencing news. Id love to be wrong though.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »

I find it amusing that doubt is creeping in potentially about a manager that's not even been officially announced yet
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2017, 06:05:23 PM »

I find it amusing that doubt is creeping in potentially about a manager that's not even been officially announced yet

My thoughts, too.

Jimmy

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:40 PM »

I wouldn't know the standard of the new manager as I have no idea of football at this level,nice one Rowley

taxi Phil

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »

After the last bunch of "managers", most of us would have misgivings if we appointed Mourinho. Reputation no longer counts for anything at this club.

GB Alty

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »

No manager appointed by Rowley will get my backing. They will be tainted by association of a failed regime

No more hiding behind well the fans thought it was a good appointment so its not my fault (Young and Harvey appointments)

Also anything other than champions of Evostick will be a total failure, so prepare for that failure now

Would happily sit this season out if it gets us a new chairman and board (who are equally culpable). My love afair with this club has ended and there only one way it will come back

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »

No manager appointed by Rowley will get my backing. They will be tainted by association of a failed regime

No more hiding behind well the fans thought it was a good appointment so its not my fault (Young and Harvey appointments)

Also anything other than champions of Evostick will be a total failure, so prepare for that failure now

Would happily sit this season out if it gets us a new chairman and board (who are equally culpable). My love afair with this club has ended and there only one way it will come back

Surely the aim is promotion? Obviously Champions would be everyone's choice but promotion through the play offs wouldn't be a failure.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »

Agree, getting up is the only requirement

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you say but I'm sorry this is just nonsense rhetoric

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »

Surely the aim is promotion? Obviously Champions would be everyone's choice but promotion through the play offs wouldn't be a failure.
ahh but did we earn it or merley achieve it..
 😑😑😣😣
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season