PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: New Manager for next season  (Read 44336 times)

GB Alty

Re: New Manager for next season
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

Right decision, harsh as it is. The cycle needed breaking.

Why is it harsh? Matt Doughty was garbage and a totally unprofessional embarrassment to the club - you only have to see his tweets today to see this

Good riddance to bad rubbish

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »

Why is it harsh? Matt Doughty was garbage and a totally unprofessional embarrassment to the club - you only have to see his tweets today to see this

Because performances had improved and Lawton was both honest and articulate
Full time and proud of it

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 07:32:20 PM »

Being honest and articulate are the not the key requirements of a football manager. Theyve had a 5 month long interview and failed dismally.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 07:40:12 PM »

2 out of 10 is an improvement on 1 out of 10. A cold is better than the flu. It just wasn't good enough and they had enough time to do better. They didn't. Thank you both for trying but goodbye

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »

Well said!!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »

2 out of 10 is an improvement on 1 out of 10. A cold is better than the flu. It just wasn't good enough and they had enough time to do better. They didn't. Thank you both for trying but goodbye

Very well put!!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 07:42:59 PM »

Yep, results weren't good. Results weren't good under Neil Toldon, Neil Young or Jim Harvey. Difference is that Robbie seemed to understand where the problems lay and appreciated the feelings of the fans. Something that the others, including our chairman have failed to do. I'm not worried about Matt going, but I feel we might have missed a trick with Robbie.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »

Being honest and articulate are the not the key requirements of a football manager. Theyve had a 5 month long interview and failed dismally.

I never said he should be manager
Full time and proud of it

York Alty is back

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »

Being honest is a requirement in any job.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:59 PM »

Some of the players that have "graced" this club over the last 12 months have been a disgrace to this club

We now need hungry lads who want to play here and give 100% every game
Come on you red and white........

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »

Yep, results weren't good. Results weren't good under Neil Toldon, Neil Young or Jim Harvey. Difference is that Robbie seemed to understand where the problems lay and appreciated the feelings of the fans. Something that the others, including our chairman have failed to do. I'm not worried about Matt going, but I feel we might have missed a trick with Robbie.

I'm sure we'll get over it.

The pair of them got us relegated which ever way you look at it. Are we a serious force in non league football or not? If we ever want to be again it's about time from top to bottom this club stopped settling for mediocrity. They did eff all in reality. If we want to be bang average forever give them the job and expect Corby away to be a tough fixture. Not for me thanks, I want a winner who makes us believe we'll steamroller the league. Why would we settle for less at this stage?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »

I'm sure we'll get over it.

The pair of them got us relegated which ever way you look at it. Are we a serious force in non league football or not? If we ever want to be again it's about time from top to bottom this club stopped settling for mediocrity. They did eff all in reality. If we want to be bang average forever give them the job and expect Corby away to be a tough fixture. Not for me thanks, I want a winner who makes us believe we'll steamroller the league. Why would we settle for less at this stage?

I'd love to be a serious force in non league again, but do you honestly believe that GR will appoint a winner that will assemble a squad that will steam roller the league below? Not a chance. When a club is in total free fall like ours, then it takes time to stop. Progress will be slow. Very slow.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »

I have sympathy with Matt and Robbie but there absolutely had to be a change of management.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

Doughty & Lawton's record in charge of Altrincham FC (league games only):

Played: 22;

Won: 3;

Drawn: 5;

Lost: 14;

Goals scored: 18;

Goals conceded: 40;

Points gained: 14 out of a possible total of 66.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:19:34 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »

Didn't really know MD but I thought Robbie Lawton was a good coach and yes he did speak well. I wouldn't mind him getting some sort of coaching role in the new setup but that will be up to the new manager to want him, nobody else..

We have to get the next person right or we could be having this conversation again in 12 months time.
It is certainly no Gimme. that we will get out of the Glue league at the first attempt.

I always wanted to see a covered terrace in the away end but I would now put that on the back burner as there wont be many people in there to justify it now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season