PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: New Manager for next season  (Read 44324 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Manager for next season
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

Parkinson. Totally underwhelmed.
"

Who were hoping for?

Gary Brabin.

Is he with a club?

Either way that's a good call.

Left Tranmere last year. David Flitcroft ex Bury manager and Paul Dickov were also local  out of work managers that may or may not have been interested. Let's hope Parky is the business.

We wouldn't want Flitcroft, unless we want to use another 50 players next season...

Correct decision has been made to let MD go, I've never really been a fan of his social media (not very 'manager-like'), and his reaction since has proven it's the correct decision. Doesn't detract from the services he gave us as a player (and a manager), I'm hoping he remembers that (but I doubt he will, given the way he seems to be).

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:19 AM »

Andy Morris on  from Connahs Quay could be an outsider ?

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »

Perhaps MD is not being very gracious about being let go as he was probably previously promised the job by GR?
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Also, I do think the rejection of MD and RL as your new management is rather harsh, as they inherited absolute garbage, what results did you all expect them to get with garbage?

New managers with no previous affiliation to Alty is much more of a gamble to me.  You have all got what you wanted though, and in return GR will be banking on sentiment against him softening and allowing him to stay on, as I suspect has always been the plan.

You are all being played, to me.

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »

Disagree with most of this but the last sentence

York Alty is back

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »

We know that they inherited dross. Absolute dross. However that still sets a benchmark, a very low one, for them to be judged against. The stats tell one part of the story and the dreadful performances show another part of it.  I am not a twitter user so am excluding that here, I am talking about the footballing aspects of the roles.  Now look at where the club is going, the Evo stick league, mostly unknown waters for us and we need a manager who knows their way around that level. The previous management team did not meet the criteria. It's as simple as that. I've done enough recruitment to know that you recruit against the criteria required of the role and what the applicants have to meet them.

I wish them both well, I hope they go on to become great managers, Alty is not the right club, and this is not the right time for them to have stayed.

I also think Mr. Rowley will go by the start of next season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:30:58 AM by York Alty - Chicken Balti »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:49 AM »

Being less sh*t than the previous incumbents is not a good enough reason to be given the job permanently. Our results were still very poor for the remainder of the season. He was also assistant to two of the previous three managers. I would therefore say he was given ample opportunity to prove his credentials, but came up well short of what is required. His behaviour (and that of his entourage) since yesterday has also not shown him in a very good light.

Time to move on and turn this club around.
Come on Alty!

York Alty is back

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »

Time to move on and turn this club around.

Bang on.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »

We know that they inherited dross. Absolute dross. However that still sets a benchmark, a very low one, for them to be judged against. The stats tell one part of the story and the dreadful performances show another part of it.  I am not a twitter user so am excluding that here, I am talking about the footballing aspects of the roles.  Now look at where the club is going, the Evo stick league, mostly unknown waters for us and we need a manager who knows their way around that level. The previous management team did not meet the criteria. It's as simple as that. I've done enough recruitment to know that you recruit against the criteria required of the role and what the applicants have to meet them.

I wish them both well, I hope they go on to become great managers, Alty is not the right club, and this is not the right time for them to have stayed.

I also think Mr. Rowley will go by the start of next season.

This needs to happen to appease a lot of fans.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »

We have been asked to be patient with regards the leadership situation. Things are allegedly in the pipeline, which is good enough for me. With regards the manager. I really hope it's someone special, but I'll get behind whoever is chosen (though I am still a little wary it is GR making the call.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »

Let's see what happens in  May at the board meeting. I presume talks with the third party investors are ongoing

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

They may even have some say in the managerial appointment for all we know.

taxi Phil

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »

They may even have some say in the managerial appointment for all we know.
They may not even exist for all we know.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »

I bloody hope they do!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »

Perhaps MD is not being very gracious about being let go as he was probably previously promised the job by GR?
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Also, I do think the rejection of MD and RL as your new management is rather harsh, as they inherited absolute garbage, what results did you all expect them to get with garbage?

New managers with no previous affiliation to Alty is much more of a gamble to me.  You have all got what you wanted though, and in return GR will be banking on sentiment against him softening and allowing him to stay on, as I suspect has always been the plan.

You are all being played, to me.

I agree with that

Ashley Alty

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2017, 06:42:14 PM »

Players just arriving at the ground (Moss Lane) now.  I wonder if it is to meet the new manager? 

They are in their club tracksuits so maybe they will do a btit of training, warm up, practice to show him what they can do?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season