PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: New Manager for next season  (Read 44304 times)

Jimmy

Re: New Manager for next season
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »

Nothing against Parkinson but till Rowley goes I no longer support Alty

Matt Taylor

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

I'm sure Scott is no different from any other player in that he'll go wherever he gets paid the most. Much will depend on the level of investment we have been told about.

If it was a decent level of investment we wouldn't be taking the Nantwich manager on.

No disrespect to the guy but money talks and if we had any we would be attracting a bigger name.

We are employing an Evostick manager because we are now an Evostick football club, not due to a lack of funds. We haven't descended to the lowest level in our history because there has been a lack of money coming into the football club.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »

I'm sure Scott is no different from any other player in that he'll go wherever he gets paid the most. Much will depend on the level of investment we have been told about.

If it was a decent level of investment we wouldn't be taking the Nantwich manager on.

No disrespect to the guy but money talks and if we had any we would be attracting a bigger name.

We are employing an Evostick manager because we are now an Evostick football club, not due to a lack of funds. We haven't descended to the lowest level in our history because there has been a lack of money coming into the football club.

spot on.  We have never been told we can't compete . We have spent the money very poorly on poor manager and poor players.  Our p and l was very healthy
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky2

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2017, 11:41:25 PM »

No manager appointed by Rowley will get my backing. They will be tainted by association of a failed regime

No more hiding behind well the fans thought it was a good appointment so its not my fault (Young and Harvey appointments)

Also anything other than champions of Evostick will be a total failure, so prepare for that failure now

Would happily sit this season out if it gets us a new chairman and board (who are equally culpable). My love afair with this club has ended and there only one way it will come back

Disappointed in this Jamie, it is utterly bizarre as a man who knows football to tarnish Phil Parkinson and not back him because he has been picked by a board than contains Grahame Rowley. What is he supposed to do about that?

To say anything less than champions is total failure is also extreme as others have said.   People wanted bullish talk of promotion and he and the board have done that. 

I think you've been careful to set a placeholder here that you can refer back to say you never liked him from the start if we go on a poor run.

Which I don't think we will incidentally.  His job is to get us winning football games and entertaining the paying punters.  I think him stepping out of his comfort zone to commit to our club is a credit to him and gives me hope that he will get his rewards.

Let's hope May brings change for many reasons but also for the fact that we can talk about football instead of boardrooms for a bit.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »

We need some songs creating
ParkINson's red and white army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »

We need some songs creating
.......I'm tired and I want to go to bed......I had a little think about an hour ago and it's really f*&ked my head
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »

Phil....Phil Parkinson !
We're glad he's here, and Doughty's gone.

GB Alty

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2017, 10:04:04 PM »

No manager appointed by Rowley will get my backing. They will be tainted by association of a failed regime

No more hiding behind well the fans thought it was a good appointment so its not my fault (Young and Harvey appointments)

Also anything other than champions of Evostick will be a total failure, so prepare for that failure now

Would happily sit this season out if it gets us a new chairman and board (who are equally culpable). My love afair with this club has ended and there only one way it will come back

Disappointed in this Jamie, it is utterly bizarre as a man who knows football to tarnish Phil Parkinson and not back him because he has been picked by a board than contains Grahame Rowley. What is he supposed to do about that?

To say anything less than champions is total failure is also extreme as others have said.   People wanted bullish talk of promotion and he and the board have done that. 

I think you've been careful to set a placeholder here that you can refer back to say you never liked him from the start if we go on a poor run.

Which I don't think we will incidentally.  His job is to get us winning football games and entertaining the paying punters.  I think him stepping out of his comfort zone to commit to our club is a credit to him and gives me hope that he will get his rewards.

Let's hope May brings change for many reasons but also for the fact that we can talk about football instead of boardrooms for a bit.

To be fair Ecky my comments you refer to were written before Phil Parkinson had been appointed, so nothing personal there. I support him as I have done all managers of this club

That said your spot on about the placeholder, I was optimistic about the Neil Young appointment, something I was ridiculed for on this forum shortly after - not again lad - any new manager needs the results before any judgement I will make - particularly when they have been appointed by a failed regime

I wish Phil Parkinson all the best and hope he becomes a great manager for us, the potential there - but I will withold judgement on anybody this board appoints
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season