PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC appoint Phil Parkinson as manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Altrincham FC appoint Phil Parkinson as manager  (Read 24614 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham FC appoint Phil Parkinson as manager
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »

So we approached him?

Good luck and welcome

May I be the the to say `Parkoutson`
Full time and proud of it

arnald

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »

This is a wise choice hopefully Ile see him in charge tomorrow

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »

With our woeful recent history in management selection, I am wary of going overboard here - lets face it we all thought Jim Harvey would be a good appointment and many of us were sold on Neil Young. However we can only hope that he is a young ambitious and upwardly mobile manager in the style of Danny Cowley and that's exactly what we need - someone with a single minded view of what's needed and how to achieve it. If he's successful, we can even forgive him bringing an ex sheepshagger in as his assistant.

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 07:21:21 PM »

Welcome Phil and good luck.

It's also about having the right players and it will be very interesting to see who Phil and his team keeps,.... and who he brings in.

We don't have many players worth keeping, the obvious ones who I think are signed up or worth keeping would be;

Miller (if he stays fit will be crucial)
Taylor
Brownhill
Moult
Lynch
Hannigan (on a contract but injury prone it seems)
Clee (on contract but well past his best now)

Maybe's
Cyrus
Sam
Richman
Lawrie

Densmore if he proves fitness right thro pre-season and affordable his experience and leadership would be invaluable

For me the rest can go.
you would keep that many from the squad who were involved in the worst season in the clubs history,however you know more than me iv stopped going because of Rowley

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 07:21:25 PM »

It's also about having the right players and it will be very interesting to see who Phil and his team keeps,.... and who he brings in.

We don't have many players worth keeping, the obvious ones who I think are signed up or worth keeping would be;

Taylor
Brownhill
Moult
Lynch

Maybe's
Cyrus
Sam
Richman
Lawrie

Densmore if he proves fitness right thro pre-season and affordable his experience and leadership would be invaluable

For me the rest can go.

Agree wit that apart from the maybes none of the  maybes for me .Moult and Brownhill only on the basis they can play a couple of positions, Mout may get a better offer at a conf north club you would have thought.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:32:06 PM by Timperley The Best »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »

Keep Lawrie? Am I missing the joke here?
Would keep Lynch and Richman, maybe Cyrus at that level to add to Miller and Taylor. The rest can just go and do one. Ok, I'll be sad to see Nicky go, very sad, but we need to move on. It'd be nice if we could get Newby back in some capacity.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »

The before and after records of our last five managers (excluding caretakers) doesn't make pretty reading:

Lee Sinnott
Previous managerial job: sacked by BPA
Next managerial job: none

Neil Tolson
Previous managerial job: sacked by Hyde

Neil Young
Previous managerial job: sacked by Stockport

Jim Harvey
Previous managerial job: sacked by Halifax

Matt Doughty
Previous managerial job: none
Next managerial job: N/A

That's why I'm quite pleased we've gone for someone like Parkinson. It makes a refreshing change to employ a up-and-coming manager on the back of relative success elsewhere, rather than one on the way down. Hopefully he will, eventually, go on to even better things after doing a good job here too.
Incidentally, when was the last time an Alty manager left us to go on to a 'better' job? I've been watching over 25 years and can't think of one during that period, unless I'm missing someone really obvious.

Anyway, his first target must be to break the curse of the 'first game' as an Alty manager. Again I might be missing someone really obvious, but I don't think an Alty manager has won their first game in charge for nearly 15 years? In fact, Neil Young could hold the record as the only Alty manager, of the seven different managers during that time, who didn't lose their first game in charge?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

So we approached him?

Good luck and welcome

May I be the the to say `Parkoutson`
tut tut it's "parkINson"
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 08:31:11 PM »

Best of luck. You may have to manage the board as well as the team.

Come on Alty.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 08:49:28 PM »

The before and after records of our last five managers (excluding caretakers) doesn't make pretty reading:

Lee Sinnott

Neil Tolson

Neil Young

Jim Harvey

Matt Doughty

That's why I'm quite pleased we've gone for someone like Parkinson. It makes a refreshing change to employ a up-and-coming manager on the back of relative success elsewhere, rather than one on the way down. Hopefully he will, eventually, go on to even better things after doing a good job here too.
Incidentally, when was the last time an Alty manager left us to go on to a 'better' job? I've been watching over 25 years and can't think of one during that period, unless I'm missing someone really obvious.

Anyway, his first target must be to break the curse of the 'first game' as an Alty manager. Again I might be missing someone really obvious, but I don't think an Alty manager has won their first game in charge for nearly 15 years? In fact, Neil Young could hold the record as the only Alty manager, of the seven different managers during that time, who didn't lose their first game in charge?

Yes its hard not to be cynical when this time last year and the year before I got excited about appointments and new players.  I totally agree with you, this is the right sort of appointment, be nice to see them move on to a top conf prem team having got us promoted into the conf prem.
Impressive record in the cups as well.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 09:00:12 PM »

Taylor
Brownhill
Moult
Lynch

Maybe's
Cyrus
Sam
Richman
Lawrie

For me the rest can go.
you would keep that many from the squad who were involved in the worst season in the clubs history,however you know more than me iv stopped going because of Rowley

It's hilarious that so many of our fans don't associate this season's failure with the fact we cleared the decks to begin with.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »

Clearing the decks wasn't the problem. The problem was bringing in players who weren't as good as the players we got rid of
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 09:07:52 PM »

Clearing the decks wasn't the problem. The problem was bringing in players who weren't as good as the players we got rid of
spot on the ones that left haven't done much,granted Leather who should've stayed and Sinnott have done ok,and 6 people on Pukka's list were there 2 years ago
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:17:09 PM by Jimmy »

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 09:21:56 PM »

Lee Sinnott

Neil Tolson

Neil Young

Jim Harvey

Matt Doughty

Ken McKenna?

If you're being lenient Graham Barrow?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »

Good appointment IMO. Also no one has mentioned his assistant yet Neil Sorvel. A fantastic player in his day with a great football brain and is sure to bring something to the table.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC appoint Phil Parkinson as manager