PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gut feelings for saturdays AGM
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gut feelings for saturdays AGM  (Read 8133 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gut feelings for saturdays AGM
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 12:21:40 PM »

Interesting to see people making accusations of corruption before a decision has even been made yet. Nothing like getting you conspiracy theories in early.

Please note UC that I'm referring to decisions previously taken, i.e. it was done in the past for political purposes. As I have said there isn't actually definate justification for chucking a team out this year (is there ever?).If they were to throw a team out this year I would start to say, well the warning signs have been there with thier actions in the past, can't believe Crawley have acted like this when they saw what happened to scarboro etc.

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »

I think there is plenty of justification to chuck a team out. Boston without a takeover cannot guarantee to complete their fixtures for the season ahead. I doubt they'd get much further than pre-season to be honest. Crawley in the past should be long gone, but at least the Majeeds could argue that they would easily complete their fixtures because they had no intention of paying any debts so they'd be no probs there.

In the cases of Halifax and Weymouth, I think they'll be sorted out in the correct manner and probably get relegated next season as a result on on-field merit alone. Unless they do a Crawley and just f**k the debts off!

Northwich have been a sham all along but connett doesn't seem to be going anywhere and the conference didnt have a problem at the last AGM so there won't be one this year.

So really it rests on a Boston takeover, and the possibility of the conference saying enough is enough to Crawley.

In 36 hours at least we'll know either way and we can just get on with looking forward to next season, whatever league we're in. I'd love a reprieve and we deserve one, but this is all becoming tiresome, I just want to get past it all!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 03:15:19 PM »

Bizarrely, I have to say that I'd be more confident of us being able to avoid the relegation positions in the BS National next season than I would of us getting promoted from the BS North!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »

Bizarrely, I have to say that I'd be more confident of us being able to avoid the relegation positions in the BS National next season than I would of us getting promoted from the BS North!

I think there are many on here (including myself) who would wholeheartedly agree with you on that point.

Bottom line is I fear the AGM will pass quietly and with little incident (regrettably). I've got to say that whatever league we now end up in it will be good to put an end to all this speculation and just get on with preparing for the new season. I'm missing talking about matches and the playing side of things already and let's face it, that's what we would all rather be talking about.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
from Boston forum
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 03:25:38 PM »

Takeover Done On Friday!
By Boston FeverDate: 8/6/2007
The takeover of United by Standing Alone Limited will finally be completed on Friday.

The light is finally at the end of the tunnel for Boston United with their future secured after the near completition of one of the longest takeovers in living memory.The takeover plans, which date back to late 2006, look finally to be done on Friday, ahead of the Nationwide Conference AGM in Bournemouth on Saturday.With just the i's to dot and t's to cross, chief executive Barrie Pierpoint is looking forward to attending the meeting with the takeover complete."I'm like everyone else, I'm just waiting for Standing Alone and Lavaflow to finalise things so we can push on," he told the Lincolnshire Echo."I want to go Bournemouth with the takeover having been completed."It's been very frustrating and has taken a lot longer than we would have liked."To be honest, I have not known a takeover to be so drawn out before - and it has put us a long way behind our rivals."But we're near the end now.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »

They have been saying it will be done for weeks now.  If I was them I'd get a shift on.

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »

What is wrong with the education systems in Boston and Crawley? They've both been "dotting i's and crossing t's" for weeks now and they still can't seem to manage it.

Duhhh!    ???

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »

Today for the first time in my life I bought some lucky heather and pegs off a lovely gypsy lady.
Full time and proud of it

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 06:17:38 PM »

Hopefully you didn't buy that from the Moss Lane Car park !

radcliffe alty

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »

I want to be in the National next season. I've been working on disenchanted United fans at work and have got them to agree to come to a few games next season. I'd much rather they see Moss Lane with 1500 in and 500 noisey York fans on the away terrace than 15 from Vauxhall in a game where very little football is played.

That said, we were all looking forward to Stalybridge away next season for the easy train, superb ales and pleasant views so like many I am hopeful but won't be devastated if we don't stay up. We don't deserve to - we finished in a relegation zone. And to be honest, that league is becoming so corrupt I am not sure I would want us to be associated with it anymore until it becomes what it should be: a mostly part time league representing the very best of NON LEAGUE football.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 09:18:53 AM »

looking forward to Stalybridge away
Never thought I'd see an Alty fan type those words !!  :'(

Bath Alty

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 10:50:39 AM »

Anyone know what time the AGM is or when we could expect to hear anything?

Sleepy the dwarf

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 10:55:35 AM »

Anyone know what time the AGM is or when we could expect to hear anything?

It started at 10.30. No idea when we might hear anything.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gut feelings for saturdays AGM