PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Jake Moult staying  (Read 24167 times)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Jake Moult staying
« on: May 06, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »

A positive for me. Still has enough to give us in midfield or defence

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Moult staying
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »

Indeed good news

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »

Probably our best footballer since hes been here.

Im glad
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »

Bitter sweet this one for me. I've voted Jake player of the year twice, but he was pretty dreadful last season. I like it that he's prepared to put last season's wrongs right though, so fair play to him and good luck.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »

Agreed. Although he wasn't great last season,  he has been outstanding in previous years, so I am glad to see that he is still around.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »

He needs good players around him to be at his best.....he didn't get that luxury this season. I honestly expected him to be on his way to a higher placed club. Delighted he's staying. Hope PP can build a strong team around him.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »

Another player that was good under Lee Sinnott, and the performance against Colchester was as good as any midfielder has put in in an Alty shirt in my 25 years of watching. Absolute rubbish since then and looked woefully short of fitness all last season. Not got the engine for the midfield anymore , probably be ok at CB alongside somebody with some pace. I do find the press release quite amusing with "influential midfielder" and "to everyone's releif he is staying" . I bet these lads being offered contracts can't believe their luck. Roll up for a season out of shape, never get into shape, lose every week and get another year.

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »

I don't want many of the losers to stay on. Moult I just don't seem able to settle on. He gets my backing next season, I am more interested in who is coming in to replace the tons of dead wood.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 12:41:53 AM »

Another player that was good under Lee Sinnott, and the performance against Colchester was as good as any midfielder has put in in an Alty shirt in my 25 years of watching. Absolute rubbish since then and looked woefully short of fitness all last season. Not got the engine for the midfield anymore , probably be ok at CB alongside somebody with some pace. I do find the press release quite amusing with "influential midfielder" and "to everyone's releif he is staying" . I bet these lads being offered contracts can't believe their luck. Roll up for a season out of shape, never get into shape, lose every week and get another year.
Never has been an engine? It is simple with Jake, he dipped in form last season, like everyone else but this is when he was played in a 2 man midfield. Jake is simply a defensive centre mid who sits in front of the back 4. This is where he breaks so many attacks up and wins a lot of headers. Play him there with a fit Richman and Taylor as the workers in front and we have a good centre midfield.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »

Never has been an engine? It is simple with Jake, he dipped in form last season, like everyone else but this is when he was played in a 2 man midfield. Jake is simply a defensive centre mid who sits in front of the back 4. This is where he breaks so many attacks up and wins a lot of headers. Play him there with a fit Richman and Taylor as the workers in front and we have a good centre midfield.

By engine I mean he hasn't got the energy or legs for the midfield anymore. He looked heavy and slow last year. The anchor man role has to be Lawrence Taylor. He's the future. As for Richman there is no way I'd offer him terms. He's the type of player that will perform to the level he plays. I bet he wouldn't shine in a Sunday league team. Just a lad that runs himself into the ground chasing lost causes.
I think we need to be careful here. Signing up the majority of last years losers could be catastrophic.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »

By engine I mean he hasn't got the energy or legs for the midfield anymore. He looked heavy and slow last year. The anchor man role has to be Lawrence Taylor. He's the future. As for Richman there is no way I'd offer him terms. He's the type of player that will perform to the level he plays. I bet he wouldn't shine in a Sunday league team. Just a lad that runs himself into the ground chasing lost causes.
I think we need to be careful here. Signing up the majority of last years losers could be catastrophic.

Doesn't have the legs anymore? He's 28, man! Hardly Alan Goodall territory.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 09:50:00 AM »

Potentially a good move,  as for the rest I'd maybe sighn Brownhill as he's young but that would be it for me .Apparently a few Salford players are stalling on going full time if we could get hold of someone like James Poole who has played Evo Stick before that would be positive.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »

Doesn't have the legs anymore? He's 28, man! Hardly Alan Goodall territory.
[/quote]

Yep, and can you honestly tell me that he got around the pitch like a 28 year old last year? Gary Jones was 10 years older and I'd bet all the money I have that he'd have murdered the rest of the team in the fitness tests.

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »

I'd take Gary Jones like a shot. He'd be outstanding in Evostik even at 41.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 12:52:20 PM »

I'd take Gary Jones like a shot. He'd be outstanding in Evostik even at 41.
totally agree
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying