PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Jake Moult staying  (Read 24096 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Moult staying
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »

If we are looking at the level we are operating at, both Ashton and Matlock had 20+ goal strikers last season. Coming into our league, both Farsley and Lancaster had 40+ goal strikers last season. I'm not necessarily saying that these lads are the answer. If we can nab a local striker from Salford (like Poole or Haughton) then that may work just as well. Both Stockport and FCUM have released several strikers who may or may not fit the bill.
Just sticking with Hobson, Owens, Evans and Lawrie would be disastrous.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »

I heard we'd tried to sign this lad last season but he wasn't keen with us being bottom of the league. Maybe another go
This summer. might be a bit Steve Pennington but that's some record

http://www.runcorntownfc.co.uk/player-profile.php?id=590

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

If we are looking at the level we are operating at, both Ashton and Matlock had 20+ goal strikers last season. Coming into our league, both Farsley and Lancaster had 40+ goal strikers last season. I'm not necessarily saying that these lads are the answer. If we can nab a local striker from Salford (like Poole or Haughton) then that may work just as well. Both Stockport and FCUM have released several strikers who may or may not fit the bill.

Pooles possibly off to Stockport, isnt Haughton a Fleetwood player ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »

I think the lad at matlock was a youth loan from burton

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2017, 10:09:35 AM »

Poole would be perfect, but being NLN standard and a Stockport lad means he's almost certainly going there.

The best we can hope for with someone like him is that Stockport go up, switch to FT, release him again and we take him when we're back in the NLN. Here's hoping  :)

I miss the days when we had the pick of the part-time players in the NW  :'(

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »

Haughton is a Fleetwood player, but his family are local. He began well at Salford but then faded a bit. Might fancy a new challenge.
I think Stocky will want a proven Conference North goalscorer - not sure Poole is that player. Ironically, they might try Reeves!
Cairns at Runcorn is a good call, as would be Connerton at Lancaster or Battersby at Atherton Colls. The latter in particular is much too good for that level.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »

Recruiting effective forwards is definitely going to be one of the most important tasks for the new management. We had about a dozen strikers on the books last season and I don't think any of them were remotely effective.

Craig Cairns from Runcorn would probably be a good shout. I've seen him play a couple of times and he's mobile, strong and a good finisher. Sefton Gonzales, recently released by Stockport might do us a job too, as an upgrade on Craig Hobson.

I'm really hoping we can get our recruitment back on track. All the managers last season signed a lot of their former players, and whilst it's good to have contacts, it's nice if we can shop around a bit. I thoroughly expect us to sign a few from Nantwich which is fine but it'd be great if we can actively get out there and find new talent as well.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

dunhamalty

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »

Recruiting effective forwards is definitely going to be one of the most important tasks for the new management. We had about a dozen strikers on the books last season and I don't think any of them were remotely effective.

Craig Cairns from Runcorn would probably be a good shout. I've seen him play a couple of times and he's mobile, strong and a good finisher. Sefton Gonzales, recently released by Stockport might do us a job too, as an upgrade on Craig Hobson.

I'm really hoping we can get our recruitment back on track. All the managers last season signed a lot of their former players, and whilst it's good to have contacts, it's nice if we can shop around a bit. I thoroughly expect us to sign a few from Nantwich which is fine but it'd be great if we can actively get out there and find new talent as well.

If he goes back to Nantwich for players I hope Sean Cooke is on his shopping list. He scored 15 goals from midfield for them last season.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 02:35:12 PM »

We desperately need a left back.

Watched Wittons play off final, and their lb was the best player on the pitch.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »

Once we have a keeper defence midfield and attack we are going to be strong
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »

I'd add a good subs bench to that just to be sure and maybe a couple of decent squad players if you're really being picky.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 09:34:07 PM »

I'd add a good subs bench to that just to be sure and maybe a couple of decent squad players if you're really being picky.
too demanding :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »

Will be interesting to see how many of last seasons sh*t Parkinson signs up, the fact we haven't seen a lengthy released list yet is worrying sign he's trying to persaude a lot of the sh*t to stay

Watch this space

Correct decision.

If he knows 3-4 lads from this level that would immediately go into our side and strengthen us (whilst reinvigorating the best of what we already have), that should be the plan. FULL STOP.

Contrast that with what Stalybridge have done this summer. They have told 10 players not to come back, retained just 1, terms offered to another 1, and have invited 8 to come back and join pre-season training to prove themselves.
Seems a much more sensible approach to me. Instead of letting our manager have a look at players in pre-season and signing them on the basis of how they perform (which sounds a normal way of doing things), we are just taking a punt on players returning to their form of yesteryear.
It's little wonder our players look so devoid of any hunger or desire on the pitch then they get rewarded for failure (double-failure in some cases) with the security of a new season-long contract without having to work for it or earn it.

To be fair to the manager, I'm not sure how much of this is down to PP and how much is down to GR. Didn't they say at GRs review that they wouldn't be allowing future managers the same freedoms to decide on retentions and signings? So on that basis I'd be surprised if PP has even got full control over these signings.

York Alty is back

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »

Will be interesting to see how many of last seasons sh*t Parkinson signs up, the fact we haven't seen a lengthy released list yet is worrying sign he's trying to persaude a lot of the sh*t to stay

Watch this space

Correct decision.

If he knows 3-4 lads from this level that would immediately go into our side and strengthen us (whilst reinvigorating the best of what we already have), that should be the plan. FULL STOP.

Contrast that with what Stalybridge have done this summer. They have told 10 players not to come back, retained just 1, terms offered to another 1, and have invited 8 to come back and join pre-season training to prove themselves.
Seems a much more sensible approach to me. Instead of letting our manager have a look at players in pre-season and signing them on the basis of how they perform (which sounds a normal way of doing things), we are just taking a punt on players returning to their form of yesteryear.
It's little wonder our players look so devoid of any hunger or desire on the pitch then they get rewarded for failure (double-failure in some cases) with the security of a new season-long contract without having to work for it or earn it.

To be fair to the manager, I'm not sure how much of this is down to PP and how much is down to GR. Didn't they say at GRs review that they wouldn't be allowing future managers the same freedoms to decide on retentions and signings? So on that basis I'd be surprised if PP has even got full control over these signings.

Does that mean our proven poor decision making chair runs player recruitment?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

Watch this space

Correct decision.

I disagree with this - at least we know what the existing players are possibly capable of.

A good dozen or so of our signings this season (Owens? Marsh? etc) looked good for their first couple of games and then faded.

I'd be concerned if we were signing an entire backbone of a team based purely on a couple of weeks' trial.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult staying